October 21, 2018, 12:19:30 AM

Author Topic: Rooney...  (Read 3813 times)

October 30, 2017, 03:58:59 PM
Read 3813 times

Waltzer

I think we're missing a trick by not playing 2 strikers - Rooney and Niasse in a 4-4-2.

The old big-man/little-man opposites dynamic that used to work so well could be reinvented as the fast-chaos/slow-precision dynamic.

Niasse tearing it up, chasing everyone down and ouncing it off his shins and Rooney using the space created and his intelligence to take advantage of the situation.

In addition - you could get Sigurdsson in there as wel in a 4-4-2

Think you might have something, although id prefer us to go 3,5,2. Both fullbacks are not the best so lets load the midfield and at least try to score a goal

October 30, 2017, 05:27:10 PM
Reply #1

Waltzer

Sandro scored 15 La Liga goals and should have been starting ahead of DCL . Koeman chose to play one and not the other . Koeman chose to freeze out Niasse . Koeman knew Lukaku would not be signing . Koeman stated we needed to share the goals around and not rely on one striker . Koeman failed Everton miserably .

I cant believe im doing this again!!

'Koeman chose to freeze out Niasse' - you honestly think hes good enough? I bet when the new manager comes in and we get a striker we rarely, if at all, see Niasse again, and there is a reason for that.
'Koeman knew Lukaku would not be signing' So did the board, the board chose not to sign anyone as they deemed them too expensive, hardly Koemans fault.
'Koeman stated we needed to share the goals around' - we got Sigurdsson, Klassen and Rooney so they did that, with a striker they'd have someone to run off, someone to hold the ball up and probably would do this
'Koeman failed Everton miserably' - Did he phuck, he had his pants pulled down by the board by not signing a recognised striker. Koeman did have his flaws but some people on here would lay global warming and world famine at his feet given half the chance, when in reality a good majority of his ability to do his job was removed by failures above him.