February 21, 2020, 12:07:34 AM

Author Topic: Lyon v Everton  (Read 35995 times)

November 03, 2017, 02:15:00 AM
Reply #660

Cozzie

We will sort it out I reckon.

New manager and a new window in Jan.

November 03, 2017, 02:15:46 AM
Reply #661

Lxxx

I'm not sure where this 150m has gone. I'm baffled when I look at what's out there this season compared to last and if I was bankrolling this I'd be equally as concerned. I dread to think what our wage bill looks like and we need another half dozen players on top too.

November 03, 2017, 02:15:59 AM
Reply #662

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Many will blame him/call him the wrong choice etc. The majority of whom would have been calling for him to be given the chance two weeks ago.

As I said, I'm not blaming him at all. But it seems like it'll take more to sort out our team than his current expertise. No shame in that at all.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 03, 2017, 02:17:08 AM
Reply #663

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Beni and Lookman were great, and deserve to be in Sunday's XI on principle alone

Well if you had said "on merit" instead of on principle I would have agreed with you (didn't mean to like)
nobody should get to start on principle, only ever on performance/merit.

November 03, 2017, 02:17:11 AM
Reply #664

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
How can you rest players. How can you give up like that. After playing a full season for european football.

We were practically out after the Lyon home game.

November 03, 2017, 02:17:27 AM
Reply #665

sam of the south

Is that persistent whistle from their supporters driving anybody else crazy?

Yeah, shithouse club from top to bottom
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

November 03, 2017, 02:18:33 AM
Reply #666

nwatson

You obviously havent supported us for very long then

I have supported us for 36 years, but my memory isnt what it was after suffering amnesia. However i cant ever remember feeling so mad, frustrated, fucked off, being an Everton supporter and cant even see a glimmer of hope at the minute. The best we can hope for at the minute is to appoint Dyche on a 5 year contract to help keep us up this season but also a future of dull mid table football going forward. Moshiri has really screwed this up.

November 03, 2017, 02:18:39 AM
Reply #667

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
One win will be huge and the turning point. Draws mean nothing - beating someone/something means everything mentally.

The players need to win no matter what. This sort of form has the senior players careers hanging by a thread, and is has now got critical for the club that they start performing when it matters.

November 03, 2017, 02:18:49 AM
Reply #668

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
As I said, I'm not blaming him at all. But it seems like it'll take more to sort out our team than his current expertise. No shame in that at all.
No, it was clear from your post that you were not blaming him, just saying others will despite screaming for him to be given the job two weeks ago.

November 03, 2017, 02:19:18 AM
Reply #669

Heisenberg

We were practically out after the Lyon home game.

Nah you play till its over regardless. We won this and atlanta beat lyon which would have been completely plausible. We could have went through. Seen crazier things happen in football. Shithouse football club

November 03, 2017, 02:20:41 AM
Reply #670

bluenuck

Press our old, mistake prone, slow defence that have zero striker to lump it to and force them to lump it to our non existent striker, which then turns possession over. Then run at our old, mistake prone, slow defence.

Pretty much the game plan for every team we play.

November 03, 2017, 02:24:36 AM
Reply #671

gizzblue

Moshiri is still a kid with ant and farm and magnifying glass ...who doesn't understand why everything is on fire .
Born not made a blue .

November 03, 2017, 02:25:39 AM
Reply #672

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I would drop Schneiderlin for ever and play Beni deep with Gueye and Klaassen in front.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 03, 2017, 02:26:26 AM
Reply #673

BlueBeagle

Just turned on to find out I missed the game with it being an early kick off.

I'm actually made up that I've not had to watch another shitfest.

November 03, 2017, 02:26:49 AM
Reply #674

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
No, it was clear from your post that you were not blaming him, just saying others will despite screaming for him to be given the job two weeks ago.

Ah, I see. Aye, that will definitely happen unfortunately. I just hope he can go back to his old job that he did so well.