November 23, 2017, 08:00:16 AM

Author Topic: Lyon v Everton  (Read 9455 times)

October 31, 2017, 05:22:05 PM
Reply #75

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Know how you feel and I know how Cozzie feels, I cut my losses on the Lyon away, got my air miles back less tax (£35) paid months ago , hotel room at The Mercure  will go empty (non refundable pre payment)
but was I willing to spend another £150 or so on incidentals, taxis, food, booze, parking at airport etc.) to have wasted yet another two days of my life through disappointment ? No ! Yesterday, was looking forward to the Leicester game after showing a bit of spirit against Chelsea but we bottled it again, same will be against Watford on Sunday I suspect but will still take the train up from London knowing that will be Rhinos last chance to show us if we will survive.

You should have gone and just enjoyed the city. It's a beautiful city.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 31, 2017, 07:53:50 PM
Reply #76

boothill

You should have gone and just enjoyed the city. It's a beautiful city.
It is a lovely city, our lady cathedral is a special building, i just stand and stare at it, beautiful it is

October 31, 2017, 10:33:15 PM
Reply #77

bacon sarnie

Would like to win this game, aye.

October 31, 2017, 10:37:40 PM
Reply #78

Macca77

Winning this gives us a great chance of getting through to the knockouts, lose or draw and its goodbye Europa

October 31, 2017, 11:44:24 PM
Reply #79

GrantyBoy78

Be interested to see Unsworth’s starting 11. Wonder wether he’ll persist with the kids or try and integrate Sigurdsson etc back into the team? Or if he’ll just play the stiffs (not that we’d tell the difference).

November 01, 2017, 01:46:33 AM
Reply #80

Shogun

Administrator
Feeney called up to the squad.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 01, 2017, 01:53:57 AM
Reply #81

BlueForYou

Great news, about time

Not in the Europa 27 squad, though?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 01, 2017, 01:55:28 AM
Reply #82

Simon Paul

Administrator
Great news, about time

do home grown Under 23's need to be?

November 01, 2017, 02:05:31 AM
Reply #83

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
do home grown Under 23's need to be?

Going by when I used to play football manager no

If you look at Arsenals squads this season they have included loads of youngsters who wouldn't have been included
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:07:19 AM by DanDan »

November 01, 2017, 03:40:05 AM
Reply #84

Rhys

Great news, about time

If you are under 21 and been at the club think its 2 or 3 years you dont need to be registered. So Feeney and beni werent put down on the list but they are still available to play.

November 01, 2017, 04:34:05 AM
Reply #85

Normm

I would hope Unsy retains his trust in the kids: Davies, Beni, Dom, Lookman, & Kenny.

It's also about time Sigs took up a leading role. He does it for Iceland, he can do it for us! Leave Rooney as a possible sub., if required. Gaye performed better with Beni alongside him.

One thing is for sure: the team needs to be fired up and ready to go from the off! They will expect a limp and clueless opposition ...and so will nearly everyone else ...but let's hope this time we can get it right!

November 01, 2017, 06:28:56 AM
Reply #86

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't be surprised to see Henen. Has pace and has been scoring for the U23's.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2017, 02:13:01 PM
Reply #87

Toddacelli

Wouldn't be surprised to see Henen. Has pace and has been scoring for the U23's.

Yeah when we got him I had real high hopes. Then I forgot he was evcen here for a while. Hopefully he's coming along nicely and ready to challenge the first team squad. Let's be honest - the opportunity is there right now if you're a striker!

Henen and DCL up front as a pair? Youth, pace, height, workrate. How would that look?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 01, 2017, 02:51:39 PM
Reply #88

BlueForYou

If Beni and Feeney can play, put 'em in

Bizarre that Connolly was named in that 27 man squad? Out on loan!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 01, 2017, 03:28:57 PM
Reply #89

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If Beni and Feeney can play, put 'em in

Bizarre that Connolly was named in that 27 man squad? Out on loan!

Why is it bizzare that somebody out on loan wasn't named in the squad?