November 24, 2017, 11:41:23 AM

Author Topic: Lyon v Everton  (Read 9548 times)

November 01, 2017, 03:57:43 PM
Reply #90

gwells

PICKFORD
KENNY HOLGATE JAGS BAINES
           SCHNEIDERLIN
  DAVIES  GYLFI  VLASIC
       SANDRO DCL/MIRALLAS

November 01, 2017, 03:59:20 PM
Reply #91

BlueForYou

Connolly was/is named in the squad, yet out on loan for a year - just as well have given a spot to Dowell

More likely to have been drafted back than Connolly, I would have thought?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 01, 2017, 04:10:45 PM
Reply #92

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Guys for the last time young players whoíve been at the club x years donít need to be named, Connolly was probably named before he went on loan itís really not that big a deal.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2017, 04:15:39 PM
Reply #93

BlueForYou

True

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 01, 2017, 05:58:06 PM
Reply #94

Lxxx

Yeah when we got him I had real high hopes. Then I forgot he was evcen here for a while. Hopefully he's coming along nicely and ready to challenge the first team squad. Let's be honest - the opportunity is there right now if you're a striker!

Henen and DCL up front as a pair? Youth, pace, height, workrate. How would that look?

Fuckin awful if they came up against some proper men who'd boot them into the top tier of the stands.

November 01, 2017, 06:25:02 PM
Reply #95

Bluedylan

I'm not particularly sensing physical tiredness from a lot of our players, and there has been a fair bit of rotation throughout the season so far. So personally, I'd go with the strongest team available and try to pull off a highly unlikely win. It probably won't happen but any sort of positive result would be a help now, and from Unsworth's point of view, he's probably only got 2 more games to audition for the job, so he won't want to just throw this game away.

Really not into watching our kids get licked 5-0. That won't help anyone.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 01, 2017, 06:25:19 PM
Reply #96

Toddacelli

Fuckin awful if they came up against some proper men who'd boot them into the top tier of the stands.

Yeah but it's practically a non-contact sport in Europe...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 01, 2017, 06:28:48 PM
Reply #97

Lxxx

Yeah but it's practically a non-contact sport in Europe...

Looked pretty tasty in the home leg. I actually prefer European referees, they let a lot more go than in the Premier League now, things have changed around.

November 01, 2017, 06:30:50 PM
Reply #98

Toddacelli

Looked pretty tasty in the home leg. I actually prefer European referees, they let a lot more go than in the Premier League now, things have changed around.

Really?

That must have passed me by. I guess I must just have taken that as 'normal'.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 01, 2017, 07:05:52 PM
Reply #99

School of Science

What stands out to me is, even with two defensive mid's to protect our back four and make us look more robust, we are still being bullied all over the park. In the PL most of the teams rely on their fullbacks to give them width an more attacking options, our fullbacks are so weak going forward and defending. Koeman has a lot to answer for, after spending so much mney, we are still totally unbalanced, with so many weaknesses. Goes without saying we need a win any win just to give our confidence and self belief a boost.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 01, 2017, 08:23:23 PM
Reply #100

Thornton_19

Reckon we should play something like this

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Jagielka Baines

Klaassen  Sigurdson  Gueye

Vlasic                          Lookman
               Sandro

Let's rest a few whilst still fielding a strongish side.
The league game against Watford is more important than this.

November 01, 2017, 11:04:14 PM
Reply #101

sam of the south

In the light of Keane not being ready until Sunday, and Rooney and Baines not travelling, this might happen

Pickford
         Kenny Williams Jagielka Holgate
               Baningime Schneiderlin
                       Sigurdsson
             Lookman Sandro Vlasic

Robles, Martina, Davies, Klaassen, Calvert-Lewin, Mirallas, Lennon

Win 2-0
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 01, 2017, 11:19:26 PM
Reply #102

Paddockoldie

Probably better we go out really so we can focus on the prem. Even if a miracle happens and we got through could we go up against the better sides? I always want us to win but there's bigger fish to fry right now.

November 01, 2017, 11:34:32 PM
Reply #103

Cereal Killer

No Baines, so Kenny (R) and Lennon (L) as wingbacks with 3 CBs??

November 01, 2017, 11:37:15 PM
Reply #104

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
No Baines, so Kenny (R) and Lennon (L) as wingbacks with 3 CBs??
Only three cbs travelled I think and unsworth has said feeney won't start

Simply simply lovely