December 14, 2019, 10:27:08 PM

Author Topic: Lyon v Everton  (Read 34218 times)

October 30, 2017, 06:06:08 AM
Read 34218 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah we are out, send them out there half cut with slippers on and let me get on with my life please.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 30, 2017, 09:42:50 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Really not sure what's happening with Schneiderlin. So many good players performing really, really poorly.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 31, 2017, 12:21:35 AM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think we'd see much better performances from Schneiderlin playing at the base of a midfield three, like Baningime has in his last two appearances. Our spacing is good in that sort of system and Schneiderlin, despite generally being safe with his passing, is very accurate when he has actual options.

The line-up I'd most like to see at some point in the near future (not necessarily mid-week if we're prioritizing Watford):

GK: Pickford
RB: Kenny
CB: Keane
CB: Jagielka
LB: Baines
DM: Schneiderlin
CM: Davies
CM: Sigurdsson
RAM: Vlasic
CF: Rooney
LAM: Mirallas

We'll have some difficulty scoring from open play (a problem not unique to that configuration) but we'll be sturdy defensively and we should be able to control the ball some, with Rooney moving side-to-side and creating overloads on the flanks (think second half against Chelsea, before the subs). Sigurdsson offers a threat from set plays, and he and Davies can join attacks (not that Sigurdsson + Davies +Mirallas/Vlasic is who you want to be aiming at after some good build-up play but it's better than nothing). Plus, we have the option to drop a midfielder and bring on Calvert-Lewin or Niasse for the last 30 minutes to chase any goals we need.

We're a slow team as currently constructed so we have no real choice but to play deliberately. For whatever it's worth, I think if we had started in a 4-3-3 against Leicester, we might have actually been able to keep them out. The bulk of their chances came from Gray drifting into the space behind Davies/Gana.

Yes I fee the same way, tempted to try Davies / Sig and Davies / Klaassen with Schneiderlin or Gana as the single sitting DM.

Sticks in the craw to drop Gana for Schneiderlin but we need to do something to this midfield and pushing Gana up to be able to get his tackles into the side despite sacrificing forward passing isn't working for me.

henen looks to have been moved into the first team, I wonder if unsworth is thinking of using him wide forward Mirallas style or cf?

The rooney question is really plaguing me. Clearly head and shoulders technically, but his natural proclivity for dropping as deep as humanely possible isn't doing us the favours he thinks it is.

November 01, 2017, 06:28:56 AM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't be surprised to see Henen. Has pace and has been scoring for the U23's.

November 01, 2017, 04:10:45 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Guys for the last time young players whoíve been at the club x years donít need to be named, Connolly was probably named before he went on loan itís really not that big a deal.

November 01, 2017, 11:55:40 PM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like the message is - not arsed about EL, come home intact and prepare for Sunday.

Donít love it but I understand it.

November 02, 2017, 02:12:13 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I can understand his decision to be honest. Heís getting pressure from all sides to turn it around. If he takes it seriously and gets a bumming which to be fair is quite likely then itís part of the story and pressure mounts.

November 02, 2017, 07:49:08 PM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Question is, at this point what would constitute a confidence building performance?

Only losing 3-0?

Some felt losing to Chelsea reserves was going to be a real shot in the arm sooo...

November 02, 2017, 07:49:53 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is this gonna be a recurring theme?

This question is relevant to my interests.

November 02, 2017, 11:32:40 PM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
WELL THEN.

Gylfi False 9? Lookman false 9?

November 02, 2017, 11:35:09 PM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Clearly Gylfi.

Iíd expect so.

Gunna put my bollocks on the line here - yes I think weíll get banged, but I think we could look ok in the final third if the midfield can get it to them.

November 02, 2017, 11:54:08 PM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Obviously any positive angles re midfield and attack set up are in danger of being severely undermined by if Lyon manage to get at the defence which looks as solid as cream cheese.

Deffo, but thatís been happening anyway. Iím oddly fine with this set up going forward. Worry about passing from dm but maybe ms will turn up.

November 03, 2017, 12:47:44 AM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Looked unconscious. Neck brace on so hopefully no serious neck injury but certainly doesnít look great does he.

Poor lad hasnít had a great year with us.

November 03, 2017, 12:58:47 AM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wow lot to talk about there to be honest.

Shape wise NOT BAD considering.

We need an outball, maybe Lennon or Lookman can be let off the leash a bit and we play into channels? Straight up top Gylfi wonít burn or out jump, but heís very good to feet I think. Doing well in a tough situation.

At the back we look a mix of back to wall grit and fucking all over the shop.

November 03, 2017, 01:35:54 AM
Reply #14

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Aw what a shame that is.