November 22, 2017, 05:19:33 PM

Author Topic: Lyon v Everton  (Read 9415 times)

October 30, 2017, 06:51:45 PM
Reply #30

Gary1878

Niasse can't play, he wasn't named in our Europa squad

Good point. Great management again there from Ronald.

October 30, 2017, 07:31:15 PM
Reply #31

BlueForYou

A few out-of-favours to "prove their worth":

Pickford
          Kenny       Holgate            Keane        Martina
                  Klaassen      Schneiderlin      Vlasic
                                      Sigurdsson
                  Lookman                              Sandro

(And Beni not registered)

Need our strongest available for Goodison on Sunday

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 30, 2017, 07:40:00 PM
Reply #32

Toddacelli

Really don't get some of you lot.

This is a competitive game and right now we need competitive games. Still think we should try and put out the best side to give them more time to play together. We still look like two 5-a-side teams who never met before playing in a tournament together.

The more games Unsworth and his team get to sort this shit out - the better. If that means progression in this competition too - great!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 30, 2017, 08:35:19 PM
Reply #33

Dr. Sponge

I'd like to see Big Beni and Schneiderlin together in midfield. Preferably as part of a 3, but they'd work better as a 2 than Gueye and Davies did. They're both dominant players.

October 30, 2017, 09:14:49 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

I'd like to see Big Beni and Schneiderlin together in midfield. Preferably as part of a 3, but they'd work better as a 2 than Gueye and Davies did. They're both dominant players.

Schneiderlin is a dominant player? Of what? Cards?

October 30, 2017, 09:42:50 PM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Really not sure what's happening with Schneiderlin. So many good players performing really, really poorly.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 30, 2017, 10:27:11 PM
Reply #36

Cozzie

Madness

I know Lizz. Im that low about us at the moment it's terrible.

October 30, 2017, 10:31:18 PM
Reply #37

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I know Lizz. Im that low about us at the moment it's terrible.

I get that, but id be looking forward to watching us play any game, whether Lyon, Watford or Harrogate!

Im low too, maybe the lowest ive ever been supporting us. Doesnt stop me scrambling around for a stream or spending money i dont have on tickets.
I have to return some videotapes.

October 30, 2017, 10:36:55 PM
Reply #38

Cozzie

I get that, but id be looking forward to watching us play any game, whether Lyon, Watford or Harrogate!

Im low too, maybe the lowest ive ever been supporting us. Doesnt stop me scrambling around for a stream or spending money i dont have on tickets.

That's the thing, I am usually that way inclined too.

I think after being taken over and spending 150 odd million and somehow contriving to worrying about staying up is the most Everton thing ever, just a bit exhausted by us and its taking its toll now.

Despite everything I have said mind, by Thursday I will most likely end up watching the game to be honest, will be over it by then, guess thats the cycle of being an Evertonian though isn't it.

October 30, 2017, 10:38:43 PM
Reply #39

kramer0

I think we'd see much better performances from Schneiderlin playing at the base of a midfield three, like Baningime has in his last two appearances. Our spacing is good in that sort of system and Schneiderlin, despite generally being safe with his passing, is very accurate when he has actual options.

The line-up I'd most like to see at some point in the near future (not necessarily mid-week if we're prioritizing Watford):

GK: Pickford
RB: Kenny
CB: Keane
CB: Jagielka
LB: Baines
DM: Schneiderlin
CM: Davies
CM: Sigurdsson
RAM: Vlasic
CF: Rooney
LAM: Mirallas

We'll have some difficulty scoring from open play (a problem not unique to that configuration) but we'll be sturdy defensively and we should be able to control the ball some, with Rooney moving side-to-side and creating overloads on the flanks (think second half against Chelsea, before the subs). Sigurdsson offers a threat from set plays, and he and Davies can join attacks (not that Sigurdsson + Davies +Mirallas/Vlasic is who you want to be aiming at after some good build-up play but it's better than nothing). Plus, we have the option to drop a midfielder and bring on Calvert-Lewin or Niasse for the last 30 minutes to chase any goals we need.

We're a slow team as currently constructed so we have no real choice but to play deliberately. For whatever it's worth, I think if we had started in a 4-3-3 against Leicester, we might have actually been able to keep them out. The bulk of their chances came from Gray drifting into the space behind Davies/Gana.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 10:39:44 PM by kramer0 »

October 30, 2017, 10:39:44 PM
Reply #40

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
That's the thing, I am usually that way inclined too.

I think after being taken over and spending 150 odd million and somehow contriving to worrying about staying up is the most Everton thing ever, just a bit exhausted by us and its taking its toll now.

Despite everything I have said mind, by Thursday I will most likely end up watching the game to be honest, will be over it by then, guess thats the cycle of being an Evertonian though isn't it.

Yeah it seems worse now than say the 90s, because it should be different. We have money etc when its unravelling a bit for me, Moshiri looks to have no clue.

It is exhausting yeah you are right there!!
I have to return some videotapes.

October 30, 2017, 10:46:57 PM
Reply #41

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We're pretty much out of the competition so I can see why people aren't arsed at all.

I've had enough tbh. I might even go the gym and fuck this off.

Too many games, too many better things to do with my life.

October 30, 2017, 10:48:30 PM
Reply #42

Django

NSNO Subscriber
We're pretty much out of the competition so I can see why people aren't arsed at all.

I've had enough tbh. I might even go the gym and fuck this off.

Too many games, too many better things to do with my life.

You ever thought for a lad your age, just how many hours and minutes you've spent watching, reading, talking and thinking about Everton? All for what reward?

:titanic:

October 30, 2017, 11:01:34 PM
Reply #43

boothill

Everton, its a dirty drug at times

October 30, 2017, 11:12:36 PM
Reply #44

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You ever thought for a lad your age, just how many hours and minutes you've spent watching, reading, talking and thinking about Everton? All for what reward?

:titanic:

Yep. Probably explains why I'm such a miserable cunt with serious commitment and relationship issues.

Is right The Ev.

:Horse: