November 18, 2017, 01:46:20 AM

Author Topic: Lyon v Everton  (Read 9137 times)

October 31, 2017, 03:01:53 AM
Reply #60

toffee_scot

Sadly, I think Europa League is now too much of a distraction now that we really need to prioritise the league and sort out this fucking mess. I'd play the likes of Holgate, Robles, Klaassen, Vlasic, Lookman, Henen, Besic, Schneiderlin, Sandro, Morgan Feeney and see if any of them could impress Unsworth for a place against Watford.

October 31, 2017, 03:08:47 AM
Reply #61

Shogun

Administrator
It's not a distraction though is it?

Lose/Draw this and we've still got to play the other two matches in the group, not like we can forfeit them.

I'd rather try and win this to play ourselves into form.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 31, 2017, 03:23:45 AM
Reply #62

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah it seems worse now than say the 90s, because it should be different. We have money etc when its unravelling a bit for me, Moshiri looks to have no clue.

It is exhausting yeah you are right there!!

Know how you feel and I know how Cozzie feels, I cut my losses on the Lyon away, got my air miles back less tax (35) paid months ago , hotel room at The Mercure  will go empty (non refundable pre payment)
but was I willing to spend another 150 or so on incidentals, taxis, food, booze, parking at airport etc.) to have wasted yet another two days of my life through disappointment ? No ! Yesterday, was looking forward to the Leicester game after showing a bit of spirit against Chelsea but we bottled it again, same will be against Watford on Sunday I suspect but will still take the train up from London knowing that will be Rhinos last chance to show us if we will survive.

October 31, 2017, 03:46:04 AM
Reply #63

Juanito

Pickford
Kenny   Jags  Keane  Baines
           Schiederlin
      Klaassen   Sigurdsson
Vlasic       Sandro    Mirallas

October 31, 2017, 03:47:50 AM
Reply #64

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Want us to win, want us to go all out for a victory and dont think is going out does us a favour at all. 

October 31, 2017, 04:51:07 AM
Reply #65

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Oh ffs. I've convinced myself we're getting seven points from the next three games and going through.

October 31, 2017, 04:53:21 AM
Reply #66

gizzblue

Want us to win, want us to go all out for a victory and dont think is going out does us a favour at all.
There is nothing to lose ...why not go all guns blazing ...two up top width and pace too.

October 31, 2017, 05:01:01 AM
Reply #67

kramer0

Oh ffs. I've convinced myself we're getting seven points from the next three games and going through.

You did this to yourself.

That's a message for future you.

October 31, 2017, 05:47:01 AM
Reply #68

Thornton_19

I reckon we will win this and it will be so annoying giving us a lifeline.

October 31, 2017, 06:37:42 AM
Reply #69

di_guyo

Vlasic and Lookman to start for me. Let em have a go.
Everton & Atleti

October 31, 2017, 02:26:23 PM
Reply #70

Toddacelli

Pickford
Kenny         Jags  Keane        Baines
                    Baningime
                    Sigurdsson
Lookman                               Vlasic
              Rooney         Sandro

Baningime and Sigurdsson playing in the middle of a midfield 4 like this:

In possession = Baningime covers as Sigurdsson gets forward as a sort of false number 10
Dispossessed = Both fall back side-by side to protect the back 4

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 31, 2017, 02:53:25 PM
Reply #71

Juanito

Pickford
Kenny         Jags  Keane        Baines
                    Baningime
                    Sigurdsson
Lookman                               Vlasic
              Rooney         Sandro

Baningime and Sigurdsson playing in the middle of a midfield 4 like this:

In possession = Baningime covers as Sigurdsson gets forward as a sort of false number 10
Dispossessed = Both fall back side-by side to protect the back 4

Seems like a lot of work for Sigurdsson and Rooney would then end up getting in his way. Not sure you can play both in the same side.

October 31, 2017, 03:52:23 PM
Reply #72

dazfrancis

Pickford

Kenny    Keane     Jags    Baines

Beni    Schneiderlin

Lennon       Vlasic        Mirallas
                   DCL

I don't want to see too many changes, there have been too many recently but I don't want to see Rooney starting and would prefer Vlasic > Sigurdsson.

I would like to see how Beni and Schneid together offer more protection for the back 4 but if they are step on each others toes too much I would bring McInjury on if he's fit. Although Gana hasn't played badly this season I'm not sure we would miss him much (I'm not sure what I'm basing this on  ;D  )

Lookman to come on around the 60 min mark for Lennon

October 31, 2017, 04:32:21 PM
Reply #73

Toddacelli

Seems like a lot of work for Sigurdsson and Rooney would then end up getting in his way. Not sure you can play both in the same side.

Not at all. We need to defend as a team at the moment so if you're on the pitch you have a role to play when the opposition has the ball.

And for all his experience - Rooney HAS to stay in position.

If they can both do that (and I see no reason why they can't) then it should be a decent formation.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 31, 2017, 04:40:31 PM
Reply #74

Juanito

Not at all. We need to defend as a team at the moment so if you're on the pitch you have a role to play when the opposition has the ball.

And for all his experience - Rooney HAS to stay in position.

If they can both do that (and I see no reason why they can't) then it should be a decent formation.

Rooney has not stayed in his position since he had that zip of pace about him, maybe 3 seasons ago. I think he drifts so much it contributes to us not having any shape or structure