October 21, 2020, 02:06:01 PM

Author Topic: Lyon v Everton  (Read 43079 times)

November 03, 2017, 02:02:50 AM
Reply #630

Ridge

Problem is goals, if you can take chances, you don't need to spend so much effort trying to force something.

After a really decent performance, caught out by couple of long balls and then fell apart.

But first home game next up

November 03, 2017, 02:03:06 AM
Reply #631

bacon sarnie

I think we can beat Watford. Tonight was irrelevant really, that's the one. Watford at home is the sort of game a caretaker manager should have as first game, but we even fucked the timing of the sacking up and gave Unsworth a nightmare run.

Watford will hold us to a goal and score more. If I'm wrong I owe you a Guinness.

Goodnight Evertonians - mine has just begun.......

November 03, 2017, 02:03:32 AM
Reply #632

Craig_1878

You're right. It's not a popular choice.

Aye, and I don't really care, he would give us what we're crying out for and we would start grinding out results. That's much more important to me than getting a 'Hollywood name', we tried that with Koeman and we all know how that turned out.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 02:06:26 AM by Craig_1878 »
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

November 03, 2017, 02:03:38 AM
Reply #633

Cereal Killer

We rested quite a few players and we had a good first 60 mins before we went for it.

Good 60mins as in we didn't concede and had a vague shape whilst creating absolutely nothing? Dover could have done the same

November 03, 2017, 02:03:47 AM
Reply #634

Lazarou

I think we can beat Watford. Tonight was irrelevant really, that's the one. Watford at home is the sort of game a caretaker manager should have as first game, but we even fucked the timing of the sacking up and gave Unsworth a nightmare run.

I just don't see where a win against Watford is coming from unless something changes i.e a manager. Otherwise there is no catalyst for change.
A government of the gobshites , by the gobshites , for the gobshites .

November 03, 2017, 02:03:54 AM
Reply #635

brittcop1

Weird thing is that everyone raved out our great buys before the season started..

Sandro and Rooney (+ DCL) looked like we had covered for Lukaku, if not like for like, plus Sig would chip in with a few.

WTF went wrong ?
Who's Sandro?????

November 03, 2017, 02:04:01 AM
Reply #636

Coyb12

I've just had a horrible thought that it's gonna take someone like Allardyce to sort this defence out. I feel dirty now but I fear it's true.
Allardyce should have been brought in till the end of the season before Unsworth got involved.

November 03, 2017, 02:04:12 AM
Reply #637

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It was the managers idiotic decision not to play anyone that has scored a goal.

The point was more about we don't have the players overall. This isn't about playing Rooney or not.

November 03, 2017, 02:04:21 AM
Reply #638

Ross

Thought we did well until we conceded and then like all teams struggling everything went against us and we capitulated. But thereís clearly good players and potential in this squad itís getting the right blend on the pitch and giving them a sensible game plan and some confidence.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 03, 2017, 02:04:32 AM
Reply #639

blueski

can't see us scoring a goal against watford to be fair
Nil Satis

November 03, 2017, 02:04:36 AM
Reply #640

kramer0

We're not going to get much better no matter who comes in. The squad is an absolute mess and it's going to take another two years to fix and I dread to think where we're going to be.

This is exactly why I'd rather see us sort Walsh's position than the manager.

We need to be very careful about how we rebuild because there's not a lot of margin for error.

November 03, 2017, 02:05:02 AM
Reply #641

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Well, it was worth a try but it's clear that Unsworth isn't capable of dealing with this mess. I don't blame him, few would.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 03, 2017, 02:05:05 AM
Reply #642

Heisenberg

How can you rest players. How can you give up like that. After playing a full season for european football.

November 03, 2017, 02:06:09 AM
Reply #643

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't go out because we lost tonight

Well technically, all those other loses + this one.

November 03, 2017, 02:06:38 AM
Reply #644

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's pretty clear that the issue isn't player ability. It's confidence. A few wins and this team will perform better. A bit of luck and everything can change