November 24, 2017, 04:27:39 AM

Author Topic: Dogs of war  (Read 860 times)

October 30, 2017, 09:55:18 AM
Read 860 times

boothill

Unleash the hounds rhino

deCoubertin

October 30, 2017, 01:09:11 PM
Reply #1

Paddockoldie

Dogs of war? More like Pussies Galore... where are the fighters?

October 30, 2017, 05:01:50 PM
Reply #2

boothill

Good question. Rooney, williams, gueye ? Not many is there miralles and davies maybe ? Banningime?

October 30, 2017, 05:04:47 PM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

Our fans are the dogs of war, these days.

Fucking Allardyce. Fuck right off.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 30, 2017, 05:43:30 PM
Reply #4

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
What I wouldn't give to have a fully fit in his prime Joe Parkinson in the team now
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 30, 2017, 06:01:04 PM
Reply #5

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Not that I want to go all out Dogs Of War, but it's probably important that first and foremost we work on stopping shipping goals, and make ourselves harder to beat, rather than trying to be a finesse team

The next manager will need to be someone who can get us out of a relegation scrap with the players we have right now, not someone who will rely on more signings in January

A good man manager and a good organiser seems essential now to steady the ship

Genuinely worried about relegation to be honest
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 30, 2017, 06:08:00 PM
Reply #6

boothill

Even during the 80s we would "earn" the right to play our football, kendall wernt against our players getting into a physical battle for 89 mins to be able to produce a minute of greatness, same with joe royle, make us hard to beat, the rest will follow

October 30, 2017, 06:21:46 PM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

Even during the 80s we would "earn" the right to play our football, kendall wernt against our players getting into a physical battle for 89 mins to be able to produce a minute of greatness, same with joe royle, make us hard to beat, the rest will follow

Agreed, and I'm sure most people would agree with you (and Stealth) that the priority should be making ourselves hard to beat, and try to get some 1-0 wins if necessary.

But most competent managers can do that. You don't need to play horrendous football or appoint an Allardyce that you're going to hate and want fired, 6 months later when you realise he can't do anything beyond that.

Just set up solidly, play a 4-5-1 with hard-working, disciplined wide players, helping the full backs, and midfielders protecting the back four. We don't need to turn to anti-football because we'll soon be fed up of that, and want to change the manager yet again.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 30, 2017, 06:27:53 PM
Reply #8

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I'd take an ugly 1-0 win every day of the week. I've always felt the entertainment aspect of watching your team is secondary to winning. Yes we'd always love to see glowing, attacking football constantly but at the end of the day we all want a winning side. Become hard to beat first, then focus on the rest
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 30, 2017, 06:33:31 PM
Reply #9

Django

NSNO Subscriber
The dogs of war wouldn't pick up a point in 2017 fellas. Come on.

The games progressed and without any pace in your team you're ripe picking for being destroyed on the counter attack. Which is exactly what is happening to ourselves every week with probably the oldest centre half pairing in the league.

We need some pace, creativity and a fella who can score goals.

All I am hoping for is a return from Ross Barkley which would allow Rooney to sit further forward and stop dropping deep - giving him more chances in the box, hopefully provided by balls in from Lennon and Bolasie in the near future. That's how desperate we are now. Jesus.

October 30, 2017, 06:37:05 PM
Reply #10

boothill

Django, dogs of war was just a label, we need to make ourselves hard to beat, and fast

October 30, 2017, 06:50:28 PM
Reply #11

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Django, dogs of war was just a label, we need to make ourselves hard to beat, and fast

Definitely. There's just so much wrong at the moment it's difficult to know where to even begin with it. Haven't felt this downtrodden as a blue in a long time, if ever.

October 30, 2017, 06:59:27 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

We don't have midfielders who have anything about them to make us hard to beat though. The likes of Schneiderlin and Gueye aren't going to instil any fear into opposing players. On a good day Gueye is a pest and I'm not actually too sure what Schneiderlin does anymore. Davies is a kid in poor form at the minute and McCarthy and Besic may as well not be at the club.

At the minute we're trying to put extra bodies in the middle in the hope increased numbers might crowd the area out but it isn't working, teams can still walk through the middle of the park and then they're confronted with dads army on the edge of their own 6 yard box.

I'm not sure what the answer is as we've pretty much seen every permutation across the park so far and nothing works. I wouldn't take that job if I was a manager of decent standing, needs major surgery on it and some proper men bringing in with a bit of bottle and fight about them.

October 30, 2017, 07:01:52 PM
Reply #13

boothill

Definitely. There's just so much wrong at the moment it's difficult to know where to even begin with it. Haven't felt this downtrodden as a blue in a long time, if ever.
Under mike walker and walter smith was bad, even under kendall before the oxford away game, amazing what a bad back pass can start for you

October 30, 2017, 07:08:09 PM
Reply #14

Faceatthefence

Agreed, and I'm sure most people would agree with you (and Stealth) that the priority should be making ourselves hard to beat, and try to get some 1-0 wins if necessary.

But most competent managers can do that. You don't need to play horrendous football or appoint an Allardyce that you're going to hate and want fired, 6 months later when you realise he can't do anything beyond that.

Just set up solidly, play a 4-5-1 with hard-working, disciplined wide players, helping the full backs, and midfielders protecting the back four. We don't need to turn to anti-football because we'll soon be fed up of that, and want to change the manager yet again.
Big Sam said the very same yesterday after the game to Keys and Gray,youve got to first shore up at the back and get clean sheets and maybe nick goals from set plays.Pretty basic stuff but like he said,with the team as it is youve got to accept our limitations.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.