November 24, 2017, 06:52:53 PM

Author Topic: Dogs of war  (Read 868 times)

October 30, 2017, 07:43:36 PM
Reply #15

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
So 4-5-1 dogs of war line-up, aimed at keeping a game tight and trying to nick a winner. What team are we looking at?

Pickford

Holgate Jagielka Keane Baines

Lennon Gana Schneiderlin Mirallas
              Sigurdsson
                Rooney

It's an experienced starting line up, real lack of youth in there though. Positional discipline wise, Rooney really has to stay up top. Far and away he has more career goals to his name than anyone else in the squad, his main job has to be to score. Can't have him dropping deep. Sigurdsson in recent years has been a creativity master so we need him to be creating chances for Rooney. Logically that's our route to scoring

We need solid workrate and running from Lennon and Mirallas, Gana and Schneiderlin to protect that defence and Sigurdsson to get his set piece delivery spot on

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

deCoubertin

October 30, 2017, 08:09:21 PM
Reply #16

phillyt

While I am currently terrified about the prospect of relegation Im also aware that 2/3 wins and we are thrust into mid table and into a position we can build from, challenge for Europa league qualification again and hopefully throw a cup run together.
I think the dogs of war shouts are just what we need, for 2/3 games. Id be happy with a thouroughly negative 4-5-1 formation for the next 2/3 games Just  to try keeping a clean sheet, nick a win. Get out of the mire, then start being a bit more creative.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

October 30, 2017, 08:35:04 PM
Reply #17

BlueForYou

We need some bulldog spirit, that's for sure

And no number canine - enough to drive any Evertonian barking mad

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 30, 2017, 08:47:46 PM
Reply #18

boothill

So 4-5-1 dogs of war line-up, aimed at keeping a game tight and trying to nick a winner. What team are we looking at?

Pickford

Sigurdsson
                Rooney

It's an experienced starting line up, real lack of youth in there though. Positional discipline wise, Rooney really has to stay up top. Far and away he has more career goals to his name than anyone else in the squad, his main job has to be to score. Can't have him dropping deep. Sigurdsson in recent years has been a creativity master so we need him to be creating chances for Rooney. Logically that's our route to scoring

We need solid workrate and running from Lennon and Mirallas, Gana and Schneiderlin to protect that defence and Sigurdsson to get his set piece delivery spot on
Yeah, about right,bit of flexibility to play round with too, could even put wiliiams in for keane, banningime in for gana or morgan, vlasic on either flank, tell sig to watch sme arteta videos. Jobs hopefull a gooden

October 30, 2017, 09:06:51 PM
Reply #19

bluenuck

Pickford

Sigurdsson
                Rooney

The theory of this should and could work. But Rooney will always drop to deep wherever he plays. Sig will get the ball in mid field and Rooney will be a foot away from him.

I know Rooney is the only one scoring but he sort of screws the team up with how he plays.