November 19, 2017, 06:39:15 PM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 10030 times)

Mayor Farnum and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

November 04, 2017, 10:36:53 PM
Reply #120

KoemansNumberTens

We really should have someone, anyone, ready to come in on the first of the month. Even if it's someone who will eventually be the back up striker. We won't though

We'll all be here on deadline day saying surely it can't be a third time we've been promised the world and got nowt...... we'll fuck it up no doubt. We'll get a striker but it will be for a ridiculous price. They don't know what they are doing. Wait too long for decisions. Followed by pay whatever in negotiations. Followed by we just won't bother. It's like they can make sensible decisions

deCoubertin

November 04, 2017, 10:37:50 PM
Reply #121

gizzblue

Caroll, Rondon both good shouts its what we need a hairy ass twat who can bulky and hold the ball up ...been saying it for months ...Dembele doesn't have the bully about him imho we don't need a flyweight speedster .
Das Bost any good with his back to goal ?.

November 04, 2017, 10:48:58 PM
Reply #122

april

I look forward to a unexpected, initially underwhelming signing who ends up with double figures and saves our necks. Kevin Campbell mk2 will do me just fine for now.
Toffeegirls Rule.

November 04, 2017, 11:11:11 PM
Reply #123

boothill

I look forward to a unexpected, initially underwhelming signing who ends up with double figures and saves our necks. Kevin Campbell mk2 will do me just fine for now.

Oh for another superkev

November 04, 2017, 11:15:32 PM
Reply #124

april

Brill that, cheers.
Toffeegirls Rule.

November 05, 2017, 12:02:45 AM
Reply #125

piggypop

Caroll, Rondon both good shouts its what we need a hairy ass twat who can bulky and hold the ball up ...been saying it for months ...Dembele doesn't have the bully about him imho we don't need a flyweight speedster .
Das Bost any good with his back to goal ?.
One target man and one speed merchant for me. Surely we need at least 2 strikers bringing in. Otherwise one injury means we're back to the same situation we're in now.

November 05, 2017, 12:04:32 AM
Reply #126

Shogun

Administrator
I always say him but Babacar would be a decent stopgap, got all the attributes.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 05, 2017, 12:21:07 AM
Reply #127

kramer0

I'm going to be that guy again.

Rondon and Carroll are both 28. Signing either player would do nothing to rectify this massive problem we have where there are basically no peak age players in the squad. Neither has anywhere near the level of quality where a big short-term outlay would be worth it. I can see one of those two on loan, if their current club would allow it, but not on a permanent basis.

22-25 is the ideal range for a permanent signing (barring access to someone who is truly class, of course). Players that age have enough experience to contribute today but with room to go up a level.

The rot is only going to get worse if we keep spending on older players that don't really move the needle. Williams, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson. What do we have to show for having brought that group to the club? Spending anything significant on Rondon or Carroll would be very much in the same vein.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 12:26:31 AM by kramer0 »

November 05, 2017, 12:36:03 AM
Reply #128

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We donít necessarily need the big lump style forward anyway.

If the new manager wants to pass it more then we might want a more mobile one.

November 05, 2017, 12:50:41 AM
Reply #129

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 05, 2017, 01:15:03 AM
Reply #130

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

November 05, 2017, 01:45:18 AM
Reply #131

formerKHL

Dzeko and ihenacho
Abraham and ihenacho

To get us out the shit

Benteke and ihenacho

November 05, 2017, 02:59:43 AM
Reply #132

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We donít necessarily need the big lump style forward anyway.

Sandro?

;)

November 05, 2017, 02:59:55 AM
Reply #133

gizzblue

Dzeko and ihenacho
Abraham and ihenacho

To get us out the shit

Benteke and ihenacho
Fuck it get all of the above in ☺

November 05, 2017, 03:02:25 AM
Reply #134

gizzblue

We don't necessarily need the big lump style forward anyway.

Unless the new boss is gonna replace everyone north of the halfway line,  we are set up for a big lump to bring what players we have into the game .