November 22, 2017, 01:40:39 AM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 10446 times)

October 31, 2017, 10:55:32 PM
Reply #60

BlueForYou

Don't need one - got Baxter
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

deCoubertin

November 01, 2017, 04:45:00 AM
Reply #61

KingOfNapaValley

I prefer someone with a future. So someone under 25.

Deeney? Seriously? He is over the hill. Might as well clone Wayne Rooney.

November 01, 2017, 04:46:52 AM
Reply #62

GrantyBoy78

I prefer someone with a future. So someone under 25.

Deeney? Seriously? He is over the hill. Might as well clone Wayne Rooney.
Where did the Deeney shout come from?

November 01, 2017, 05:40:09 AM
Reply #63

Ramjam

Landon Donavan

Sorry, Im off
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

November 01, 2017, 06:56:44 AM
Reply #64

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
LW/RW- Zaha, Redmond, Brooks, Gray - Pacey wide attackers. Largely young enough. Brooks I think will be special, Redmond I THINK can go up a level, Zaha I think is a top player, would cost north of 40m I think. Maybe see if Spurs still want rid of Sissokho.

Fullback back-up- Tavernier, Rangers RB. Cresswell - is he even playing for WHU? He's a baller, wtfs going on with him. LB.

CM - need a forward passer. A DLP/Regista whatever you want to call it... not sure who we could attract however. 25 years old please. Would like Paredes but he's in a CL side and has only just moved there. Bloody shame Newcastle tied up Merino

Number 9 - Milik, Gameiro, Bas Dost, Zahore...honestly dunno tbh lads, as I've said we've got a pretty low bar. Also could do with a low centre of gravity dribbler or marathon runner to get in behind who isn't lookman or Niasse. Always been a fan of Eddie Vargas but he only performs for his international side unfortunately, and totally flopped in the prem. budget Suarez imo but doesn't seem to have it in him.

CB - ball player with athletic ability required here. 24/25/26. Koulibaly basically. Can't think of any in England, maybe the lad at Middlesbrough or the lad at Brighton.

Some French Africans from Ligue Un that Walsh knows would come in handy in all of the above positions.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2017, 07:10:28 AM
Reply #65

Ramjam

LW/RW- Zaha, Redmond, Brooks, Gray - Pacey wide attackers. Largely young enough. Brooks I think will be special, Redmond I THINK can go up a level, Zaha I think is a top player, would cost north of 40m I think. Maybe see if Spurs still want rid of Sissokho.

Fullback back-up- Tavernier, Rangers RB. Cresswell - is he even playing for WHU? He's a baller, wtfs going on with him. LB.

CM - need a forward passer. A DLP/Regista whatever you want to call it... not sure who we could attract however. 25 years old please. Would like Paredes but he's in a CL side and has only just moved there. Bloody shame Newcastle tied up Merino

Number 9 - Milik, Gameiro, Bas Dost, Zahore...honestly dunno tbh lads, as I've said we've got a pretty low bar. Also could do with a low centre of gravity dribbler or marathon runner to get in behind who isn't lookman or Niasse. Always been a fan of Eddie Vargas but he only performs for his international side unfortunately, and totally flopped in the prem. budget Suarez imo but doesn't seem to have it in him.

CB - ball player with athletic ability required here. 24/25/26. Koulibaly basically. Can't think of any in England, maybe the lad at Middlesbrough or the lad at Brighton.

Some French Africans from Ligue Un that Walsh knows would come in handy in all of the above positions.

Brap, can you get that list off to Santa ASAP incase someone else asks first
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

November 01, 2017, 05:36:55 PM
Reply #66

Normm

Kieren Dowell. All we have to do is beg Forest to tear up the season long contract.

How much will that cost in compensation??? Offer other players on loan to compensate for his return? ...It's possible.

I know ...it was a bad move sending him out for the whole  season in the first place!  :headbang:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 06:04:31 PM by Normm »

November 01, 2017, 05:53:44 PM
Reply #67

TheTone

Go all out for Peter Crouch

November 01, 2017, 06:34:11 PM
Reply #68

gizzblue

Ffs another ex red shite shout...you just want Abbey Clancy about the gaff .

November 01, 2017, 06:34:49 PM
Reply #69

Bally

Administrator
Genuinely the most realistic shout we've had hahahhaha
To be fair I like crouch even though he played for the shite.
It's the roll I way

November 01, 2017, 06:35:16 PM
Reply #70

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 01, 2017, 07:00:37 PM
Reply #71

Hawkandro

Bas Dost probably a decent shout, though we will probably have to break the bank for him. Couple his release clause with our horrid form and league placing =
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 01, 2017, 07:36:16 PM
Reply #72

BlueNoseMike

I'd love zaha here, think he's really stepped up a level since just before he went to the AFCON and can play anywhere across the front 3. I like your striker choices too. A front 3 of Zaha Dost and Bolasie would be great on paper. Would take Gray too. Do we think we've missed a trick with zaha and Gray now though. Zaha I can see going spurs next year

November 01, 2017, 08:19:52 PM
Reply #73

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like united getting Tierney and Dembele according to the papers.

There is more talent in that Celtic side imo. McGregor is a decent player.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2017, 08:20:55 PM
Reply #74

Lincs Toffee

Looks like united getting Tierney and Dembele according to the papers.

There is more talent in that Celtic side imo. McGregor is a decent player.
Thought Tierney had just signed a new deal for 5 yrs?
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean