September 22, 2018, 12:24:43 AM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 22357 times)

October 30, 2017, 10:26:24 PM
Read 22357 times

Waltzer

Id go for Kevin Gamerio, proven track record and is looking for a move

October 31, 2017, 01:51:50 AM
Reply #1

Waltzer

Belotti and Gameiro! hahaha I'll take whatever you guys are smoking.

Any ounce of pulling power we may have had is now gone. We wont even have europa to offer next year after this mess
No chance of Belotti, but I don't see why Gamerio wouldn't be an option? 4th choice at atletico, wants to play, he isn't top, top draw and is by all accounts available

November 04, 2017, 09:16:01 PM
Reply #2

Waltzer

I may get slated for saying this but I'd go for Andy Carroll or somebody similar. We need somebody who is going to be a bully in the final 3rd and have the ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play. we have the ability to score 30 goals a season from our midfield players but at the moment we have nobody who can complement them.
Someone similar to Carroll wouldn't be too bad, but Carroll is a terrible shout. We'd end up back where we are with no striker for most of the season. He makes McCarthys injury record and appearances per season look good

November 06, 2017, 03:28:14 PM
Reply #3

Waltzer

Džeko

In the summer I think this was an option, and a very good one, I think that horse has bolted given how well they're doing in the champions league and urm, how well were not doing in anything

November 08, 2017, 09:01:03 PM
Reply #4

Waltzer

Think we need at least 2, id be happy with Slimani and maybe Jovetic as hes being tipped to leave Monaco. My first choice would still be Gameiro

November 10, 2017, 05:53:07 PM
Reply #5

Waltzer

Whoever we get, if they're not paraded in front of the cameras on the 2nd January, latest, someone needs shooting, even more than they did after the summer

November 10, 2017, 08:00:00 PM
Reply #6

Waltzer

I actually think sorting out the defence could be argued is the priority.

We are scoring SOME goals, but we’re fucking leaking at the back. Slow as fuck an all.
Weve scored 10 in 11 league games and 3 of those were in the last game! i agree that both need addressing but we have much better options at the back than up top, I also think a striker would ease the pressure on the defence as the opposition wouldnt be able to push up so high, knowing they have no striker to worry about

November 10, 2017, 09:24:59 PM
Reply #7

Waltzer

Not 100% sure. Burnley have scored like 9 and are 7th.

We have attackers who are young, we only have Holgate who is squad player at best who is young at the back.

Need 3-4 new peak defenders soon.

Thats true about Burnley, although id still rather win 4-3 than 1-0. lets just go down the Newcastle route.....

November 16, 2017, 05:18:45 PM
Reply #8

Waltzer

Rooney's finishing is so much better than DCL, maybe we should chuck Davey further up field?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/sport/video-1574216/Top-bin-Rooney-hits-screamer-Sure-Pressure-skill-test.html

November 16, 2017, 05:57:16 PM
Reply #9

Waltzer

Because scored a goal in a training drill?

And as for Rooney (United and England all time top goalscorer) being a better finisher than a lad who's barely out of his teens... What do you expect really?

Get out of the wrong side of bed today? It wasnt meant to be serious about Davey, it was a light hearted comment based on a fun video created, relax!! And yes you would expect Rooney to be better, but even in training you'd like to think DCL would look a little better than he did!!!!

November 18, 2017, 03:08:15 PM
Reply #10

Waltzer

The scout who lured Moussa Dembele to Celtic has revealed how Everton asked his advice over a Ł30million bid for the striker after selling Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United.

David Moss, who quit as Celtic's head of scouting in June to take up a role as Huddersfield Town's head of football operations, told Sportsmail: 'Everton were a club who phoned me up about him. They said: "David, what do you think?" I said: "Don't even blink, don't even think about it, sign him. It's a no-brainer".'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5094677/Everton-asked-advice-30m-bid-Moussa-Dembele.html
  wonder if he was he one of the players they deemed to expensive?

November 20, 2017, 09:16:02 PM
Reply #11

Waltzer

Maybe more of a wide forward, rather than an out and out attacker, but if you believe the shoite that the usual suspects are spouting, Barcelona and Spurs (among others) are planning to raid little old Everton, for our Henry Onyekuru on loan to Anderlect. Sounds like another of our fuckups waiting to happen. We couldnt get him on a work permit, but what are the chances that if he did go to Spurs or someone, that they would have no trouble at all getting one. I know its probably just 99.99% paper talk, but the lad seems to be doing REALLY well, lets get him the fook back here.

I think we could probably have got special dispensation for Henry, what I expect happened is that when we signed him they werent expecting to sign nobody else and wanted him to have a years 1st team experience in in the CL too. The thought process was probably correct, the reality isnt!!
And I think the agreement we signed with Anderlect means we cant, but nothing a wad of money couldnt resolve I suspect.

November 20, 2017, 09:25:18 PM
Reply #12

Waltzer

Think he was relatively cheap so if it means effectively buying him again then so be it.

Maybe give them the chance to take Sandro on a 6 month loan in exchange to get his confidence back up!! :)

November 28, 2017, 03:53:05 PM
Reply #13

Waltzer

Said all along he'd be my preference so im sticking with Gameiro, it looks like hed be available too?

Atletico Madrid striker Kevin Gameiro says he is fine where he is, amid interest from Everton.

The 30-year-old has been linked with a move away from the club after spending most of his time on the fringes of the first team.

But he was handed a rare start at the weekend and marked the occasion with two goals in Atletico's 5-0 rout of Levante.

It was only Gameiro's third La Liga start of the campaign and his opportunities in the first team are expected to dry up even further in January when Diego Costa arrives.

It has been suggested that the Frenchman may look to move on during the window and he has been extensively linked with struggling Everton.

But, although he refused to rule out a New Year departure, Gameiro insists he is happy where at Atletico.

He told Marca: "It's normal to be much happier when you are scoring goals and contributing to the team.

"At the moment I'm giving everything for the team, I'm fine here and we'll see what happens in January."