December 16, 2018, 03:26:54 AM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 24080 times)

November 07, 2017, 06:08:09 PM
Reply #15

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Month of Sunday’s lids
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 08, 2017, 08:13:17 PM
Reply #16

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck it! Rickie Lamberts only 35 lets give him a ring  ::)

Seen him at the 5s a few times in netherton
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 09, 2017, 02:10:07 PM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn’t really matter how much we sold lukaku for. I have my personal opinions but it is what it is.

What I wanna know is who has our super scouttm picked out for January? I assume he’s been able to find a shortlist of strikers, especially with no big mean Ronald telling him no.

November 10, 2017, 07:55:29 PM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I actually think sorting out the defence could be argued is the priority.

We are scoring SOME goals, but we’re fucking leaking at the back. Slow as fuck an all.

November 10, 2017, 08:01:19 PM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Weve scored 10 in 11 league games and 3 of those were in the last game! i agree that both need addressing but we have much better options at the back than up top, I also think a striker would ease the pressure on the defence as the opposition wouldnt be able to push up so high, knowing they have no striker to worry about

Not 100% sure. Burnley have scored like 9 and are 7th.

We have attackers who are young, we only have Holgate who is squad player at best who is young at the back.

Need 3-4 new peak defenders soon.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:15:06 PM by brap2 »

November 10, 2017, 11:48:18 PM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
My list would be

Gibson, Carvalho, Berardi, Gameiro

£180m+ that

November 13, 2017, 02:16:50 PM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There's so much of the season to go that it's ridiculous to say we're a relegation contender when we're only four points from 8th place.

Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture. We've been diabolical all season and we're currently 15th. Nobody thought Chelsea would get relegated in 2015-16 when they were 16th after 12 games and we won't either. We've got rid of our manager, no Europe to 'distract' and some key players to come back from injury whilst things already look on the up after beating Watford.

The hysterical mindset is annoying.

Yeah but we don’t look like we’ve been unlucky, we look absolute shite and we’ve been lucky to get the wins we’ve had - a late pen, a mad Oumar-powered comeback and the oppo missing a pen etc.

If we looked like we were playing well but just hitting the post or whatever then yeah sound, but we absolutely deserve to be bottom 3 and the next 3 games are absolutely vital to our survival - Palace, Huddersfield and West Ham.

November 14, 2017, 02:13:23 PM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, I don't think even in today's inflated market they were going to get anything like that for a 20/21 year old playing in Scotland.

Would be BANG up for a triple swoop on Dembele/Tierney/McGregor

November 16, 2017, 01:52:49 PM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We won't need a new striker in January, not unless they are shithot

Explain

November 16, 2017, 05:10:46 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I still think DCL is going to get goals and hopefully Sandro can start getting some game time and goals as well. Then we have Niasse and Rooney, who have been scoring.

Unless we are getting a really talented player or goalscorer who goes straight into first team and scores goals, we don't really need more bodies or options.

Drastically disagree.

November 17, 2017, 05:22:28 AM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
On tef there's a lad saying its not unsworth picking the sides

Fucking hell la that’s a big claim

November 17, 2017, 07:54:13 AM
Reply #26

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He shouldn’t need joe mate, for goodness sake the man hasn’t had a manager’s job in decades. This guy is supposed to be a young up and coming coach surely he knows his onions enough to take it on himself?

Am I being daft here? Big Joe Royal shouldn’t be picking the fuckin teams surely!

November 20, 2017, 09:23:10 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think we could probably have got special dispensation for Henry, what I expect happened is that when we signed him they werent expecting to sign nobody else and wanted him to have a years 1st team experience in in the CL too. The thought process was probably correct, the reality isnt!!
And I think the agreement we signed with Anderlect means we cant, but nothing a wad of money couldnt resolve I suspect.

Think he was relatively cheap so if it means effectively buying him again then so be it.

December 02, 2017, 09:23:05 AM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Berahino hasn’t scored since he went to Stoke.

No but it’s definitely mental, would love to see him under Poch as I really rate him

If I could only make first team signings and I had to be a BIT realistic I’d say :

Defence : Lemos, Mangala, Gibson, Tierney, Rose, Shaw, Bertrand

DM : Carvalho, Paraedes, Torreira, N’Zonzi

AM : Zaha, Redmond, Berardi,

FW : Haller, Benteke, Rondon, Embolo

December 03, 2017, 05:19:32 AM
Reply #29

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
An experienced dcl type would be nice.

Mobile, pace, decent in the air but better finisher and obviously more experience to rely on

Callum Wilson