November 24, 2017, 01:29:02 PM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 10766 times)

November 10, 2017, 10:06:37 PM
Reply #210

Tofifee

i am not saying this is who i think we SHOULD go for, I am saying this is who i bet we WILL be in for
and its depressing
Defenders - Johnny Evans, Shane Duffy, James Collins or Ryan Shawcross
Strikers - Shane Long, Ismael Slimani, Leigh Griffiths, Solomon Rondon or Danny Ings

deCoubertin

November 10, 2017, 10:16:27 PM
Reply #211

Juanito

Are we going to buy a left back, centre half and striker in January?

Yes. 

Luke Shaw
Maurico Lemos
Mauro Icardi

November 10, 2017, 10:20:18 PM
Reply #212

gizzblue

i am not saying this is who i think we SHOULD go for, I am saying this is who i bet we WILL be in for
and its depressing
Strikers - Shane Long, Ismael Slimani, Leigh Griffiths, Solomon Rondon or Danny Ings
By all means take Rondon (great back to goal). Slamini a (a threat and good finisher) and Johny Evans ( much sought after by others because of how well he defends).
No problem for me and ten fold better than what we already have...williams (past it) Rooney(championship/China at best) and DCL who i like, but is having to do way too much for his age.

November 10, 2017, 10:20:27 PM
Reply #213

Cereal Killer

and its depressing

:Holgate: :Joel: :Lennon: :Howard:

November 10, 2017, 10:20:55 PM
Reply #214

Cereal Killer

November 10, 2017, 10:36:20 PM
Reply #215

Hawkandro

Luke Shaw, Ben Gibson, Kevin Gamiero.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 10, 2017, 10:43:22 PM
Reply #216

hill135

The defence is old, slow, past it and lacking in ball playing ability.

The midfield is unbalanced, not good at keeping the ball and unable to resist pressure from even poor teams.

The attack is slow and lacking regular goal scorers

It’s all fucked and the whole thing is a priority!

November 10, 2017, 10:53:02 PM
Reply #217

colin

Manuel Fernandes was in the Russian Team of the Season in FIFA last year.  Sign him up.

November 10, 2017, 11:26:00 PM
Reply #218

bluenuck

The midfield is unbalanced, not good at keeping the ball and unable to resist pressure from even poor teams.

In my opinion the mid field looks so bad because behind them they have old, slow, past it and lacking in ball playing ability players.

In front of them they have slow and lacking regular goal scorers.

Our mid field is squeezed so tightly right now because of this. Coaches know how to play us and it makes our mid field look worse off then it actually is.

November 10, 2017, 11:41:42 PM
Reply #219

Juanito

I think Coleman and Bolasie will change a lot of that. Pace and power.

November 10, 2017, 11:48:18 PM
Reply #220

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
My list would be

Gibson, Carvalho, Berardi, Gameiro

£180m+ that
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 11, 2017, 01:57:46 AM
Reply #221

GrantyBoy78

In all seriousness we struggled to sign a striker in the summer when we were riding the crest of a wave with genuine enthusiasm, belief we could finish in the top 4 and a ‘top class’ manager. What makes you think we can get one when we play awful football, look to be in a relegation scrap and have a caretaker manager no-one has heard of?

November 11, 2017, 03:26:52 AM
Reply #222

Juanito

In all seriousness we struggled to sign a striker in the summer when we were riding the crest of a wave with genuine enthusiasm, belief we could finish in the top 4 and a ‘top class’ manager. What makes you think we can get one when we play awful football, look to be in a relegation scrap and have a caretaker manager no-one has heard of?

We pay over the odds for transfer fees and pay over the odds for wages.

November 11, 2017, 04:51:14 AM
Reply #223

bluenuck

I'm tellin ya, Gregoritsch. He's a beast.

November 11, 2017, 05:37:31 AM
Reply #224

sam of the south

What we REALLY need is a top class coach and tactician who will get them mega fit, mega drilled, and mega motivated, at least one CB, a first choice LB, a new DM, a new Striker, and then we will be good to go.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them