October 16, 2019, 09:05:51 PM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 28652 times)

November 17, 2017, 08:52:43 AM
Reply #345

Bluedylan

Not sure I'm having it personally. Sounds unlikely.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 17, 2017, 06:30:20 PM
Reply #346

cantoffee

Can't understand him having Joe has a mentor and experienced head around to discuss ideas/issues/etc. But I can imagine Joe would have much of a say in the team, tactics, training. Having a mentor is normal and good practice in most careers, but needing them to do your job is not and I doubt that is the case.

November 17, 2017, 06:33:25 PM
Reply #347

Mayor Farnum

You just have to look at the make-up of the sides to know they are not Joe Royle sides.
Something clever written by someone else.

November 17, 2017, 06:53:42 PM
Reply #348

Hawkandro

Depends on who is recruiting
Moshiri or kenwright

Kenwright really wants Unsworth and Royle together is what I have been told, so maybe there is some truth in it?
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 17, 2017, 06:55:04 PM
Reply #349

Hawkandro

Am I being daft here? Big Joe Royal shouldn’t be picking the fuckin teams surely!

Smacks of Kenwright's romanticism though.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 17, 2017, 11:36:03 PM
Reply #350

Ridge

Given the scale of the task, it would have been a bit mad, not to lean on Royle's experience when needed.

Just there to give support and contribute anyway that he can.

People are always more willing to believe things that confirm their view, regardless of logic.

November 18, 2017, 02:40:54 PM
Reply #351

Trowel

The scout who lured Moussa Dembele to Celtic has revealed how Everton asked his advice over a £30million bid for the striker after selling Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United.

David Moss, who quit as Celtic's head of scouting in June to take up a role as Huddersfield Town's head of football operations, told Sportsmail: 'Everton were a club who phoned me up about him. They said: "David, what do you think?" I said: "Don't even blink, don't even think about it, sign him. It's a no-brainer".'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5094677/Everton-asked-advice-30m-bid-Moussa-Dembele.html
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

November 18, 2017, 03:08:15 PM
Reply #352

Waltzer

The scout who lured Moussa Dembele to Celtic has revealed how Everton asked his advice over a £30million bid for the striker after selling Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United.

David Moss, who quit as Celtic's head of scouting in June to take up a role as Huddersfield Town's head of football operations, told Sportsmail: 'Everton were a club who phoned me up about him. They said: "David, what do you think?" I said: "Don't even blink, don't even think about it, sign him. It's a no-brainer".'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5094677/Everton-asked-advice-30m-bid-Moussa-Dembele.html
  wonder if he was he one of the players they deemed to expensive?

November 18, 2017, 03:38:24 PM
Reply #353

Mayor Farnum

So finding a striker that can score in the SPL makes you a scouting guru now.
Something clever written by someone else.

November 18, 2017, 11:08:25 PM
Reply #354

EVERTON 66

Bakambu (villerreal) or Andre Gray for me want to play with pace in the team.

November 18, 2017, 11:19:42 PM
Reply #355

EVERTON 66

November 18, 2017, 11:38:56 PM
Reply #356

Cozzie

Before he got injured I would have had Callum Wilson here.

Noticed he got a hat trick today.

I'd still have him here.

November 19, 2017, 02:20:48 AM
Reply #357

boothill

wonder if he was he one of the players they deemed to expensive?
Were we strongly linked with dembele before he went to celtic ?

November 19, 2017, 03:03:01 AM
Reply #358

GrantyBoy78

Before he got injured I would have had Callum Wilson here.

Noticed he got a hat trick today.

I'd still have him here.
We need to look further afield than the premier league. There’s no value to be had.

November 19, 2017, 03:04:50 AM
Reply #359

GrantyBoy78

Were we strongly linked with dembele before he went to celtic ?
Yep, linked when he was a youth/fringe player at Fulham.