June 23, 2018, 05:38:55 PM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 20582 times)

December 02, 2017, 05:45:45 AM
Reply #405

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I get it mate, its a bit Andy Johnson etc and Vardy seems all cosy at Leicester but I imagine we would be attractive to him and if we play on the counter he could be good. He smells a goal as well and is an instinctive goal scorer. There's honesty in his play too and graft. We could do with experience up front to help DCL.

Ideally I'd prefer a back to goal type player obviously e.g. Dzeko but they are ten a penny these days.

Yeah, I mean a player of Vardyís ilk would be good. This is where Walsh should earn his pay though, he needs to find the next Vardy.

We could also use a Dzeko type too.

December 02, 2017, 05:50:17 AM
Reply #406

Thomas

Yeah, I mean a player of Vardyís ilk would be good. This is where Walsh should earn his pay though, he needs to find the next Vardy.

We could also use a Dzeko type too.

If we get both, does that mean shipping Sandro along with (obviously) Niasse?

Vardy is better than Sandro (AT THE MOMENT) if you ask me. When I say Vardy I am talking purely about someone who you know what your getting, and can do the business RIGHT NOW.

Also if we where at completely at deaths fucking door I've always liked Charlie Austin too. Roughs it up but is also simplistic. Fox in the box. I liked Jelavic for that very reason when many people moaned he was limited whilst adoring Andy Johnson, who i hated.

December 02, 2017, 06:07:10 AM
Reply #407

Gash

Global Moderator
If we get both, does that mean shipping Sandro along with (obviously) Niasse?

Vardy is better than Sandro (AT THE MOMENT) if you ask me. When I say Vardy I am talking purely about someone who you know what your getting, and can do the business RIGHT NOW.

Also if we where at completely at deaths fucking door I've always liked Charlie Austin too. Roughs it up but is also simplistic. Fox in the box. I liked Jelavic for that very reason when many people moaned he was limited whilst adoring Andy Johnson, who i hated.

There's a lot of irony from a guy who goes on and on about fans accepting mediocrity yet in recent times you've put forward suggestions of Leigh Griffiths and Scott Brown amongst others and now you've just dropped in a Charlie Austin shout. Outstanding work.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:08:20 AM by Gash »

December 02, 2017, 06:12:57 AM
Reply #408

Thomas

There's a lot of irony from a guy who goes on and on about fans accepting mediocrity yet in recent times you've put forward suggestions of Leigh Griffiths and Scott Brown amongst others and now you've just dropped in a Charlie Austin shout. Outstanding work.

There's irony in my next comment that football is about opinions. I admit I get annoyed and puzzled at some other Evertonians but I respect them. I don't think you respect mine.

December 02, 2017, 06:17:08 AM
Reply #409

Thomas

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:18:17 AM by Thomas »

December 02, 2017, 06:23:47 AM
Reply #410

Martip

I reckon it'll be benteke.

December 02, 2017, 06:25:32 AM
Reply #411

Gash

Global Moderator
There's irony in my next comment that football is about opinions. I admit I get annoyed and puzzled at some other Evertonians but I respect them. I don't think you respect mine.

You contradict yourself all the time. You've just said you like Charlie Austin as he "roughs it up but is also simplistic" yet that's exactly the type of thing you moan about other people liking in a player.

It's not about respecting your opinions the fact is you're completey out of touch with fans and their opinions. You come on here every so often and just trot out the same thing over and over. I don't know whether it's Twitter or elsewhere you get your ideas from but the stuff you come out with on here about fans opinions isn't something that I see getting posted on here.

December 02, 2017, 06:31:26 AM
Reply #412

Shogun

Administrator
Luis Muriel fits the bill.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 02, 2017, 06:51:23 AM
Reply #413

Thomas

You contradict yourself all the time. You've just said you like Charlie Austin as he "roughs it up but is also simplistic" yet that's exactly the type of thing you moan about other people liking in a player.

It's not about respecting your opinions the fact is you're completey out of touch with fans and their opinions. You come on here every so often and just trot out the same thing over and over. I don't know whether it's Twitter or elsewhere you get your ideas from but the stuff you come out with on here about fans opinions isn't something that I see getting posted on here.

Get you up on your perch. Smug, as usual. Cliquey, as usual. Blind as a bat, as usual.

Its odd, I do a  video with ArsenalFanTV for 7 minutes and whilst many disagreed plenty others where like maybe there is a point in there. Read the comments. If nothing else for a laugh (Which I did) as some of the troll comments made me chuckle at myself.

But maybe what i say sometimes resonates? Away from here from someone who owes their respectability and credibility to one person and being so 'safe' its downright boring.

December 02, 2017, 06:54:03 AM
Reply #414

Thomas

Did you actually read the context of what I said?

Or are you sticking to your usual cliquey,smug and 'safe' catch all attitude?

I said if we where needing a short term goalscorer, in a serious relegation battle, Austin would be a quick fix.

I don't see you having a go at people saying put Holgate on loan which is a ridiculous comment because that doesn't suit your purposes.

Lets be honest you owe your position and authority on this site due to Si. So if you want to question my validity, have a look at your own and maybe try being less smug and arrogant.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 07:03:06 AM by Thomas »

December 02, 2017, 06:55:31 AM
Reply #415

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Olivier Giroud  :whistle:

Letís try one more time? :Horse:

December 02, 2017, 06:56:47 AM
Reply #416

Thomas

December 02, 2017, 09:23:05 AM
Reply #417

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Berahino hasnít scored since he went to Stoke.

No but itís definitely mental, would love to see him under Poch as I really rate him

If I could only make first team signings and I had to be a BIT realistic Iíd say :

Defence : Lemos, Mangala, Gibson, Tierney, Rose, Shaw, Bertrand

DM : Carvalho, Paraedes, Torreira, NíZonzi

AM : Zaha, Redmond, Berardi,

FW : Haller, Benteke, Rondon, Embolo

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 02, 2017, 10:18:45 AM
Reply #418

bluenuck

Prepare yourselves for benteke, lads.

Then we get a player like shawcross or dann in, and a left back we've never heard of.

Moshiri isn't going to give an 18 month deal manager a blank cheque in January. We also need players in those positions that can hit the ground running. So None of this Sandro or klassen experiments.

Add those 3 players to bolasie Coleman and Barkley coming back and we'll be fine.

And I'm not saying this is what I want to happen. It's what I'm expecting to happen with the predicament we're in. It's all about finishing 10th or better right now, sadly.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:22:12 AM by bluenuck »

December 02, 2017, 01:21:09 PM
Reply #419

GrantyBoy78

Benteke has just come back from injury and hasnít played much but heíll still be the difference between Palace staying up or not. Theyíd want £50m/£60m in this market and even then, only if they have a replacement lined-up.