January 24, 2018, 02:04:59 PM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 16475 times)

December 02, 2017, 01:24:13 PM
Reply #420

Jamokachi

Benteke is fucked, please stop it with these shouts.

December 02, 2017, 01:30:02 PM
Reply #421

bluenuck

Benteke is fucked, please stop it with these shouts.

Our search is limited though.

We need someone who can hit the ground running after 1-2 games. So it has to be an experienced EPL player. It really narrows the search.

If not benteke. Who?  We'll have to pay even more for a young up and coming PL striker.

Again, I don't want this, but it's the predicament we're in right now, and our new manager likes a big target man.

December 02, 2017, 01:31:03 PM
Reply #422

Jamokachi

Our search is limited though.

We need someone who can hit the ground running after 1-2 games. So it has to be an experienced EPL player. It really narrows the search.

If not benteke. Who?  We'll have to pay even more for a young up and coming PL striker.

Again, I don't want this, but it's the predicament we're in right now, and our new manager likes a big target man.

I think you're missing my point. Benteke is fucked.

December 02, 2017, 01:31:50 PM
Reply #423

GrantyBoy78

We really should have someone identified - well, not just identified, have a deal in place for Jan 1st.

December 02, 2017, 01:35:48 PM
Reply #424

bluenuck

I think you're missing my point. Benteke is fucked.

I'm sorry, am I missing something?

He played the full 90 3 days ago.

December 02, 2017, 01:45:39 PM
Reply #425

Jamokachi

I'm sorry, am I missing something?

He played the full 90 3 days ago.

Do you remember how finished Yakubu was as a top striker after he ruptured his achillies? Well...

December 02, 2017, 01:50:15 PM
Reply #426

bluenuck

Do you remember how finished Yakubu was as a top striker after he ruptured his achillies? Well...

Alright.

So he's not "fucked". You just think he's fucked.

So we're buying him. Lol

December 02, 2017, 01:53:00 PM
Reply #427

Jamokachi

Nah, he's fucked. Good 'n proper.

December 02, 2017, 01:56:26 PM
Reply #428

boothill

it will be carroll or crouch :-(

December 02, 2017, 02:54:24 PM
Reply #429

ally2

£50m would be absurd on Benteke

December 02, 2017, 03:18:52 PM
Reply #430

GrantyBoy78

£50m would be absurd on Benteke
Iíd say thatís about the going rate though mate. Even more absurd is that a club like Palace could turn it down.

I hope we have a bit more imagination this window; thereís no value in the Prem and teams donít need the money.

Walsh has been in the job over a year now. Itís been well documented what we need. We have money. He needs to do his job and show what value he adds.

It will also be interesting to see if the board backs Allerdyce; wether we bring in stop-gaps or signings for the long term.

December 02, 2017, 03:45:10 PM
Reply #431

Gash

Global Moderator
I've always thought Benteke was a very streaky striker and similar to Yakubu had some horrendous droughts. He'll rattle 5 goals in 5 games then go 10 games without scoring. I know he's had his injuries but he's played nine games this season and yet to score. He's only had one season where he got close to 20 goals (19) and that was 5 years ago now, since then he's had 10, 13, 10 and 15, for the figures being quoted you'd want a minimum 15 goals a season and between fitness and form I don't see him doing that.

December 02, 2017, 04:05:07 PM
Reply #432

sam of the south

No but itís definitely mental, would love to see him under Poch as I really rate him

If I could only make first team signings and I had to be a BIT realistic Iíd say :

Defence : Lemos, Mangala, Gibson, Tierney, Rose, Shaw, Bertrand

DM : Carvalho, Paraedes, Torreira, NíZonzi

AM : Zaha, Redmond, Berardi,

FW : Haller, Benteke, Rondon, Embolo

Similar to my fantasy lists 😊

Wasn't Rose Bertrand Shaw a writer of some kind.. 🤔

;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:31:56 PM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 02, 2017, 04:06:17 PM
Reply #433

sam of the south

Get you up on your perch. Smug, as usual. Cliquey, as usual. Blind as a bat, as usual.

Its odd, I do a  video with ArsenalFanTV for 7 minutes and whilst many disagreed plenty others where like maybe there is a point in there. Read the comments. If nothing else for a laugh (Which I did) as some of the troll comments made me chuckle at myself.

But maybe what i say sometimes resonates? Away from here from someone who owes their respectability and credibility to one person and being so 'safe' its downright boring.

Put the video up, @Thomas
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 02, 2017, 04:07:29 PM
Reply #434

Mayor Farnum

I've always thought Benteke was a very streaky striker and similar to Yakubu had some horrendous droughts. He'll rattle 5 goals in 5 games then go 10 games without scoring. I know he's had his injuries but he's played nine games this season and yet to score. He's only had one season where he got close to 20 goals (19) and that was 5 years ago now, since then he's had 10, 13, 10 and 15, for the figures being quoted you'd want a minimum 15 goals a season and between fitness and form I don't see him doing that.

To be fair he didn't play every week for Liverpool and the other seasons his goals kept Villa and Palace up. But I agree he is streak;y but apart from players at top clubs most strikers are.
However, he's not worth the risk at 50 million.