January 22, 2018, 10:38:19 AM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 16332 times)

December 02, 2017, 04:29:04 PM
Reply #435

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I don't get why people don't rate benteke.

Solid 1 in 2 record playing for some pretty shite teams.

It's a bit of a lazy shout though.

December 02, 2017, 04:37:53 PM
Reply #436

van der Meyde

Our search is limited though.

We need someone who can hit the ground running after 1-2 games. So it has to be an experienced EPL player. It really narrows the search.
I'm not sure this is really true though?

No player outside of the top 7 clubs has scored more goals than Rooney. Only one player outside of the top 7 clubs has scored more goals than Niasse.

I'm not sure signing an older, more established player makes sense now. In the immediate future we're out of Europe this season (and unlikely to be there next season), we're out of the League Cup, we're too far back to make a real push for top 4/6. The FA Cup? We'd all love to win it, but that would take a lot of luck.

We haven't got the attack we might ideally want, unlike our defence though, it's not the disaster it's made it out to be. We've got enough to get by until the end of the season.

I think we should be thinking much more about the future up front personally. Bed them in over the course over a fairly meaningless 5 months so they're ready for next season. Signing a Benteke or Giroud doesn't really fit the bill in that context.

December 02, 2017, 04:45:17 PM
Reply #437

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 02, 2017, 04:48:52 PM
Reply #438

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure this is really true though?

No player outside of the top 7 clubs has scored more goals than Rooney. Only one player outside of the top 7 clubs has scored more goals than Niasse.

I'm not sure signing an older, more established player makes sense now. In the immediate future we're out of Europe this season (and unlikely to be there next season), we're out of the League Cup, we're too far back to make a real push for top 4/6. The FA Cup? We'd all love to win it, but that would take a lot of luck.

We haven't got the attack we might ideally want, unlike our defence though, it's not the disaster it's made it out to be. We've got enough to get by until the end of the season.

I think we should be thinking much more about the future up front personally. Bed them in over the course over a fairly meaningless 5 months so they're ready for next season. Signing a Benteke or Giroud doesn't really fit the bill in that context.
I think we need someone who can play instead of dcl but actually be good at it. This can be a short term type of signing til summer. As you say we have a decent return from Rooney and niasse we need the balance up top and someone to play off.

December 02, 2017, 04:56:13 PM
Reply #439

Cozzie

Benteke for me too.

We are gonna have to accept the style of football Sam is gonna employ here and Benteke would be perfect for it.

He would thrive off Sigurddsons delivery.

December 02, 2017, 04:58:25 PM
Reply #440

van der Meyde

I think we need someone who can play instead of dcl but actually be good at it. This can be a short term type of signing til summer. As you say we have a decent return from Rooney and niasse we need the balance up top and someone to play off.
Haha, I rate DCL fairly highly personally!

In a World Cup year though, maybe there'll be a few decent options available on loan?

December 02, 2017, 05:03:54 PM
Reply #441

TheTone

December 02, 2017, 05:42:57 PM
Reply #442

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 02, 2017, 05:53:16 PM
Reply #443

Ross

Should have been going for Benteke in the summer instead of wasting our time chasing Giroud and only Giroud.

No way we’ll get him in January with Palace scraping down at the bottom.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 02, 2017, 05:56:01 PM
Reply #444

gizzblue

Palace will wanna dry bum anyone who tries to take Benteke ....there are others outhere why do we persist in the same old names? .

December 02, 2017, 06:43:20 PM
Reply #445

Paddockoldie

We'll go for Danny Ings on loan. The current market is like BetFred

December 02, 2017, 06:47:49 PM
Reply #446

Macca77

Id have Benteke here like

December 02, 2017, 06:54:07 PM
Reply #447

dax78

Benteke would be ideal, and not just because Sam is here
Hans segers is a legend ;)

December 02, 2017, 06:56:32 PM
Reply #448

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Championed Benteke in the summer. However, since his injury is he still the same player?

December 02, 2017, 07:32:21 PM
Reply #449

Shogun

Administrator
Championed Benteke in the summer. However, since his injury is he still the same player?

Yeah he's still slow, immobile and shite.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth