November 21, 2018, 05:49:59 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 24578 times)

November 08, 2017, 08:34:44 PM
Reply #390

KoemansNumberTens

the question is why are punters suddenly backing Unsworth? Allardyce and Dyche bets have been driven by the press, but I've not read anything today about Unsworth staying in charge. I guess it could be because yesterday when it appeared the Allardyce story was done, Unsworth was at over 10/1, a few people took a punt and the bookies are covering themselves.

My guess would be it's because he's in the seat currently and there doesn't seem to be an outcome before the next game. He wins that he becomes more likely

November 08, 2017, 09:01:50 PM
Reply #391

BlueForYou

Something decisive by the Palace game, surely?

Need some sort of stability, short term or long term

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 08, 2017, 09:09:11 PM
Reply #392

blue1948

Let's remember this is the same press who at the start of the week were convinced that Moshiri had already held talks with Allardyce.

I'm starting to suspect the press may make controversial things up just to get people to read their website :shock:

What how can you think that !!!

November 08, 2017, 09:11:50 PM
Reply #393

blue1948

Well the latest is big Sam wants more than this season and has taken his hat out of the ring ,coupled with Moyes getting the West ham job , -I am off for a J Arthur Rank whilst the going is good .

November 08, 2017, 09:13:27 PM
Reply #394

MrWhite

My guess would be it's because he's in the seat currently and there doesn't seem to be an outcome before the next game. He wins that he becomes more likely

Maybe, but odds on Silva have now been falling for the last hour.

November 08, 2017, 09:16:30 PM
Reply #395

KoemansNumberTens

Maybe, but odds on Silva have now been falling for the last hour.

Mainly it's no one knows. Dyche and big Sam have both been on the brink and both them stories now appear to be false (at least at the time) people need a new favourite though the reality is it could still be 1 of the old favourites. These markets are often like this. No one has a clue but plenty like to pretend they do

November 08, 2017, 10:13:47 PM
Reply #396

GrantyBoy78

I think there's a serious underestimation of our predicament and Allardyce's proven abilities to stabilise and improve teams in our current situation. Heaven only knows how we won on Sunday. We belong in 19th and our squad is a mess. Those who advocate Allardyce are not necessarily saying that he's what we want, but he is probably what we need.
Agreed. Canít bring myself to say I want Allerdyce but we certainly need an organiser.

Teams donít go from conceding goals and playing shite football to progressive, pressing tica-taca. First and foremost, you sort the defence out and get organic. Got the basics right and then build on that platform.

Yes we are a win away from mid table and a couple more from European places...but weíve been dire every single game and there is no evidence weíve turned the corner and can go in a run of wins. This isnít a blip, this is us.

November 08, 2017, 10:25:04 PM
Reply #397

GrantyBoy78

Something decisive by the Palace game, surely?

Need some sort of stability, short term or long term
Itís rolling on and on isnít it? Which would be fine if by some miracle we did get Simeone. But weíll get Allerdyce anyway and heíll have about one training session with the players before the Palace game.

November 08, 2017, 10:27:27 PM
Reply #398

Gary1878

I don't see why Unsworth shouldn't be given the job until January.

He knows the players best and the way that the club works, and unless we can get a proper long term replacement in now, then I don't see what a new manager will really bring to the table.

The run of fixtures that we have between now and January is about as easy as the Premier League gets, so i would expect us to start picking up points whoever is in charge.

November 08, 2017, 10:37:08 PM
Reply #399

therealdunc

Maybe because he couldnít beat Chelsea reserves?

Got it completely wrong against Leicester?

Another awful performance against Lyon?

Or is it the lucky win vs Watford relying on Tom cleverly to miss a pen?

Blue

November 08, 2017, 10:44:47 PM
Reply #400

KoemansNumberTens

I don't see why Unsworth shouldn't be given the job until January.

He knows the players best and the way that the club works, and unless we can get a proper long term replacement in now, then I don't see what a new manager will really bring to the table.

The run of fixtures that we have between now and January is about as easy as the Premier League gets, so i would expect us to start picking up points whoever is in charge.

It's all very well saying they are easy but what happens if they go against us. I'm not saying he shouldn't just a little amazed that having watched us this season people assume we are going to suddenly start outplaying teams and picking up results.

Honestly I'd take a draw at palace now. They have been playing better than us recently.

November 08, 2017, 10:46:22 PM
Reply #401

KoemansNumberTens

Maybe because he couldnít beat Chelsea reserves?

Got it completely wrong against Leicester?

Another awful performance against Lyon?

Or is it the lucky win vs Watford relying on Tom cleverly to miss a pen?

Think that's a bit harsh though. "Chelsea reserves" are easily a top 8 team and I thought we matched Lyon for a long while. Big risk with unsworth but he's not done too badly so far.

November 08, 2017, 10:50:46 PM
Reply #402

Gary1878

It's all very well saying they are easy but what happens if they go against us. I'm not saying he shouldn't just a little amazed that having watched us this season people assume we are going to suddenly start outplaying teams and picking up results.

Honestly I'd take a draw at palace now. They have been playing better than us recently.

But what if a new manager comes in and results go against us? Any decision in life comes with a risk that it doesn't work out. The risk surely reduces with a guy that knows Everton and that has motivated the players to produce their first win in 9 games. I think he is as good a option as any available right now.

Sometimes, having a bit of patience and biding your time can be the best decision.

November 08, 2017, 10:52:20 PM
Reply #403

therealdunc

Think that's a bit harsh though. "Chelsea reserves" are easily a top 8 team and I thought we matched Lyon for a long while. Big risk with unsworth but he's not done too badly so far.

I disagree Chelsea reserves would get top 8, but thatís a matter of opinion and can be debated.

The fact that canít be debated is we lost, we lost 3 out of 4 games.

Unsworth has his chance and is clearly not up to it.
Nice guy, not a good manager for menís first 11 premier league football.
Blue

November 08, 2017, 10:58:20 PM
Reply #404

KoemansNumberTens

I disagree Chelsea reserves would get top 8, but thatís a matter of opinion and can be debated.

The fact that canít be debated is we lost, we lost 3 out of 4 games.

Unsworth has his chance and is clearly not up to it.
Nice guy, not a good manager for menís first 11 premier league football.

I'm not saying you're wrong. The reality is no one actually knows if he's currently a good manager. Losing 3 out of 4 games certainly isn't enough to decide that.

Personally I think unsworth would be too much of a risk in our current state. I think it would massively increase our chances of going down just because we have no clue if unsworth is good great or poor. I'd sooner big Sam. Someone who's proven on a short term deal. Try before we buy with a little more confidence of a base level. Unlike most I'd be open to him staying too if the results were decent