November 20, 2017, 10:14:58 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 12570 times)

November 08, 2017, 11:01:29 PM
Reply #405

therealdunc

I agree Big Sam is the sensible choice.

But to many of the Everton fan base are either romantic and want an evertonian in charge (like that actually matters) despite having no proven management ability where it matters with Unsworth

Or are after a manager way beyond our current reach such as a simeone or anchelotti

People seem to forget how badly run Everton where under Kenwright and how many missed opportunities and masses of stagnation the club suffered from.

Moshiri has a big job turning it around
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:02:40 PM by therealdunc »
Blue

deCoubertin

November 08, 2017, 11:09:24 PM
Reply #406

colin

I disagree Chelsea reserves would get top 8, but thatís a matter of opinion and can be debated.

The fact that canít be debated is we lost, we lost 3 out of 4 games.

Unsworth has his chance and is clearly not up to it.
Nice guy, not a good manager for menís first 11 premier league football.

Cahill, Rudiger, Christensen, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Batshuayi, Morata, Pedro, Willian are hardly reserves. Mostly all of them would jump straight into our starting line up. They threw a couple young players in the squad, same as we did.

November 08, 2017, 11:11:00 PM
Reply #407

BlueForYou

I don't think results would have been much different with this squad - a new manager would say the same, "It's early doors, I need to get to know the players and find the right formation"

Giving it to Unsworth until January would almost mean being in the same boat - not knowing what might happen from then until the end of the season, especially if results plummet. A new manager in the new year would need more time yet again to settle in

Unsworth for the rest of the season or brand new appointment by the Palace game, for the sake of the players at least - they need certainty

And don't forget, Allardyce does not guarantee safety - although he would appear a safe bet

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 08, 2017, 11:11:31 PM
Reply #408

Ridge

Market moves are subject to opinions, and while they are more accurate data than just opinion alone. There are speculators, bookies, traders who will invest / sell purely because of market moves. If everyone starts trading out their risk as odds drop, it creates a market instructed by its own movement.

Allardyce was never wanted as a longer term appointment and he will want security and money. Allardyce is a horrible fit in the circumstances, for club and ambition. He's a manager similar to Koeman, rigid, defensive, organised, loud and the loudest prick in a room of cocks.

If you need to dig yourself out of a hole, he can raise the bar, but leaves behind a strangled turd of a team. You have to have pretty low expectations in life to think he's a good choice.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:21:59 PM by Ridge »

November 08, 2017, 11:14:08 PM
Reply #409

Gary1878

I agree Big Sam is the sensible choice.

But to many of the Everton fan base are either romantic and want an evertonian in charge (like that actually matters) despite having no proven management ability where it matters with Unsworth

Or are after a manager way beyond our current reach such as a simeone or anchelotti

People seem to forget how badly run Everton where under Kenwright and how many missed opportunities and masses of stagnation the club suffered from.

Moshiri has a big job turning it around

Allardyce has an average track record at best. He keeps clubs up but that's it, and that is not what we should be aiming for, even in our current position.

One of my good friends supports West Ham and he said that the football under big Sam was utterly dire. It would be like getting a worse version of Koeman, and what would be the point in that?!

November 08, 2017, 11:15:06 PM
Reply #410

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Big Sam would be a very negative choice.

November 08, 2017, 11:19:58 PM
Reply #411

Major Clanger

And don't forget, Allardyce does not guarantee safety - although he would appear a safe bet

What he guarantees though is an utter fucking mess at the end of his tenure.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 08, 2017, 11:25:52 PM
Reply #412

BlueForYou

Yep!

Unfortunately, our negative situation suits his style - play with grit and grind it out

It's not going to be neat football
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:27:09 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 08, 2017, 11:28:12 PM
Reply #413

Macca77

Every single Everton fan ive spoken to over the last few days have all said the same thing, we don't want Allardyce anywhere near Everton, nobody wants him here, well apart from a few strange people on here

November 09, 2017, 12:30:56 AM
Reply #414

KoemansNumberTens

Every single Everton fan ive spoken to over the last few days have all said the same thing, we don't want Allardyce anywhere near Everton, nobody wants him here, well apart from a few strange people on here

If it comes down to unsworth for the season, allardyce for the season or dyche for 5 years?? I think that's where we are at now. Most of the options people voted for either aren't available now or not at all.

I like dyche. I'd be happy with him but most are equally horrified by him and it would mean a much longer commitment. Unsworth is the romantic choice but short term we'd be taking a much bigger risk with our top flight position.

November 09, 2017, 04:54:48 AM
Reply #415

Jamokachi

Watford have 15 points and have lost the last 3 . That is the same as they were with Walter Mazzari and they beat Manchester Utd and Arsenal before Xmas . Why is Silva such a big deal after nearly keeping hull up ( with the help of our Oumar ) and after 10 games in charge of Watford ? We need to look outside the Premier League for once and get a proper structure in place for the future as Kramer pointed out so well .

The irony being that Silva was brought in by Hull on the strength of what he had achieved outside of the PL, where you want us to look. Look at his achievements, they go far beyond "nearly keeping Hull up".

November 09, 2017, 02:04:11 PM
Reply #416

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

November 09, 2017, 02:13:18 PM
Reply #417

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If it was allardyce or unsworth I think I’d rather allardyce.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 09, 2017, 02:16:45 PM
Reply #418

Macca77

November 09, 2017, 02:41:42 PM
Reply #419

School of Science

Much as I like Unsworth, we are in desperate need of a striker a decent one, would having a caretaker manager such as Unsworth, be able to attract one.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15