November 19, 2017, 08:42:35 AM

Author Topic: I didn't realise we were so bad until......  (Read 524 times)

October 31, 2017, 04:12:51 AM
Read 524 times

oztoffee

I watched the Brighton v Soton game on rerun today and saw that even lowly Brighton were an entertaining, in-your-face sort of outfit with skills, passion, a will to get involved and playing for each other.
 Everton on the other hand are slow, with a ponderous build-up. OK on the break if you have a good striker, but we don't have a good striker and don't break. We have players without individual skills, have no daring, who hide behind opposition players so they don't get the ball, don't make themselves available and don't support their team mates. There appears to be no plan, or at least what plan there is, is left over from Martinez's days. Koeman made little impact other than buying a heap of players seemingly who can't play together and Unsy is trying desperately to instil some sense of urgency into the players (under 23s mostly) who are off the boil in a big way.

When was it that you reckoned that we were so bad?
What would you do if you came home and found Alex Young in bed with your wife?
Cover him up so he won't get cold!

deCoubertin

October 31, 2017, 06:00:26 AM
Reply #1

boothill

i was watching the game and had the same thought, but mine was these are absolutely shite and yet they schooled us, so we are just terrible, not a nice epiphany to have like

November 02, 2017, 04:03:56 PM
Reply #2

montanatoffeefan

Is this is what it's come to--comparing Everton to Brighton?
To show how much more admirable and competent a team Brighton fields compared to us?

....Yeah, that's what it's come to.
Everton forever.

November 02, 2017, 04:06:22 PM
Reply #3

MmmBlueRamirez

They have a way of playing evolved and honed over a number of years.

We had Koemans lucky number 10s.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama