November 21, 2017, 09:47:42 PM

Author Topic: Everton approach Dyche  (Read 3819 times)

November 01, 2017, 01:20:10 AM
Reply #120

Bluedylan

It's a shame two of the better, more realistic shouts, Rodgers and Benitez are tainted by their involvement with Lucifer.

I do actually think Rodgers is a really talented coach, plays good football and would improve our young players loads. Also it's a shame that he's basically David Brent.

And Benitez is a very capable, organising, tactically aware manager but again I couldn't stomach him personally. They would be good options otherwise.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

deCoubertin

November 01, 2017, 01:23:43 AM
Reply #121

van der Meyde

Like Brighton

Must have missed the bit where they beat us.

You could have said Burnley and had a better point. :)

November 01, 2017, 01:24:12 AM
Reply #122

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
So how long do you give him ??....he's had two games and a handful of training sessions ...were not fucking palace gonna replace him after four matches.

Get a win under the teams belt and most of the rediculous Allerdyce shouts will fuck off .

Well he's a caretaker manager so it's not really the same thing if he only has a couple of games in charge. Nobody bats an eyelid if an interim manager is even gone after 1 game.

Personally, if we'd had any sort of imagination behind the scenes I'd have had a target in mind, spoken to their agent weeks ago and had them in by now or very, very latest coming in at the start of the international break. So I guess I don't think he should've even had this long.

I just don't think we can behave in a lackadaisical manner given the problems we need to sort out. Say Koeman had somehow been given the Barca job, none of this past summer happened in terms of ins and outs and we had the exact same players as last year, I'd be far more willing to allow a search with Unsworth in charge. That team wasn't perfect of course but it had ways of winning games and could've done so whoever was there to an extent so he could've had a chance to find his feet. Right now, given the range of issues we're facing giving this to an inexperienced manager is just an unnecessary risk. Even with an experienced manager it's a concerning situation right now, that might not be fixed until we can bring in new players (and possibly need them to settle in).

Recruitment has been a concern too and at the forefront of the selection process. Poor transfer policy got us into this mess and whoever comes in will be absolutely pivotal in turning our situation around both short and longer term. I'd be far more confident in a Tuchel or Ancelotti (not that I think the latter is a fit) along with a big wad of cash getting the sort of calibre players we need into the club than I do an Unsworth or Dyche.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:32:09 AM by blueToffee »

November 01, 2017, 01:27:29 AM
Reply #123

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ex England manager lad,sports science buff,gets teams out of shit lad,naw fuck it keep Unsworth he won the U/23 league.

He is a sports science buff and he does get teams out the shit I will give you that yeah, I just thought it was funny the way you think Dyche is a dinosaur compared to Allardyce.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2017, 01:28:23 AM
Reply #124

Heisenberg

It's a shame two of the better, more realistic shouts, Rodgers and Benitez are tainted by their involvement with Lucifer.

I do actually think Rodgers is a really talented coach, plays good football and would improve our young players loads. Also it's a shame that he's basically David Brent.

And Benitez is a very capable, organising, tactically aware manager but again I couldn't stomach him personally. They would be good options otherwise.

Id have benitez before rogers any day of the week. Both in terms of manageria ability and personality wise. Rodgers is a weapon

November 01, 2017, 01:31:29 AM
Reply #125

Waltzer

Id have benitez before rogers any day of the week. Both in terms of manageria ability and personality wise. Rodgers is a weapon
I don't think I could take Benitez, he'd be the kind that would do really well then walk back over the park at the drop of a hat if they came calling without thinking twice

November 01, 2017, 01:39:42 AM
Reply #126

Mayor Farnum

Benitez would delight in giving us a very public 'No'

November 01, 2017, 01:50:42 AM
Reply #127

BlueForYou

Couldn't agree more, Mayor Farnum

Rodgers is a top coach and according to Gerrard the best at man management

Kendall never thought twice about buying players direct from Liverpool and he nearly managed to sign Ian Rush, not once but twice - no qualms!

Genuine Liverpool men like Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Souness and Evans, sure - not a cat in hells chance

Rodgers still has something to prove and is only in his early/mid forties - young enough, ambitious enough and not directly from Liverpool

Don't worry, won't happen

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 01, 2017, 02:20:51 AM
Reply #128

KoemansNumberTens

People on here have gone into panic and crisis modes way, way too early. One win and decent performance against Watford and the entire outlook would change. Calm down and stop being so emotional.

I totally agree. The problem is we haven't actually put in a decent win deserving performance this season in the league.

Think people lost a little with unsworths team selection. We need sandro and vlasic contributing. I'm genuinely baffled that lookman didn't get off the bench. I know it's early but people are now worried that unsworth is gonna play the players he knows and them players aren't good enough. If we persist with DCL until Jan we'll be in the bottom 3 still. He simply isn't a top flight player, not in any aspect. If we don't find a way to create chances and if we don't find ourselves a goalscorer now then we are going to be down the bottom for longer and longer

November 01, 2017, 03:26:31 AM
Reply #129

Redartin

Saying as this thread has gone way way off topic .... this is how I see it.

Lyon will beat us, no problem. Then on Sunday the Europa Thurs / Sunday jinx will kick in, and Watford, (smarting from their defeat last week to Stoke), will also beat us. Rhino's 4 matches all ending in defeats, and with that, his chance.

During the international break (and this is where I bring the thread back on topic ) Dyche will be installed as our new manager.

Remember where you read it first.

BTW I hope I am wrong on all accounts.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:28:08 AM by Redartin »
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

November 01, 2017, 03:33:16 AM
Reply #130

Normm

Please no!

I would rather have Moyse back.

For heavens sake, surely no one's listening to Barton? Unsy's in charge - give the man a decent chance. He had less than one week to prepare for two games.

No snap decisions ... Let's see how we fair over the next two games!

November 01, 2017, 04:31:33 AM
Reply #131

Craig_1878

I think its quite easy to write Dyche off because he's English and therefore not a fashionable name.

I do get that on the face of it he isn't the most exotic or inspiring name, but i think if you look beyond that i think he could be a great appointment.

For starters he'll give us the organisation we're crying out for at the moment and we'll start grinding out results. Beyond that, he'll go from having the smallest budget in the Prem to having big money to spend, so who's to say he couldn't take us to the next level?

Athletico have proved over the last couple of years that you can play 'negatively' and be successful, and maybe they should be the blueprint for us. I'm obviously not saying Dyche is anywhere near Simeone's level, but he's proof that its an effective style to compete with teams who have bigger budgets are better technically.

Its also interesting imo that Dyche has a slightly better win % ratio than Tuchel did when he went from Mainz to Dortmund.

Saying that, obviously we might get Dyche and he might turn out to be shite, but i think people are being too quick to write him off.

www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/sean-dyche-is-the-premier-leagues-diego-simeone#comments

"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

November 01, 2017, 04:42:30 AM
Reply #132

KingOfNapaValley

I would rather re-hire Koeman than get Dyche.

November 01, 2017, 05:28:08 AM
Reply #133

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Rodgers would be run away favourite if it wasn't for his Liverpool past.

He'd be great here as well.

November 01, 2017, 05:31:20 AM
Reply #134

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I whispered Rogers to my red mate earlier today. He reckons he would be class for us.