November 19, 2017, 02:49:14 PM

Author Topic: Everton approach Dyche  (Read 3744 times)

October 31, 2017, 05:30:31 PM
Reply #75

hill135

David Moyes evolving our play as he improved the squad directly contradicts that point.

The example of David Moyes exactly proves my point.

Took his solid, unspectacular, functional brand of football with him to Man Utd and failed miserably by dragging them down to the position you'd expect his Everton to finish. His approach to the game conditioned what he could achieve.

deCoubertin

October 31, 2017, 05:30:48 PM
Reply #76

Waltzer

Agree to a certain extent. Martinez had a way of playing at a lower league club and won a cup but got them relegated and Dyche has a way of playing with a similar sized club and got them relegated but promoted again. In the end it comes down to resources, both clubs were always going to have a ceiling due to size and budgets and both men have a relegation on their CV.

He'll play a narrow back four to eliminate gaps and put a bank of four ahead to squeeze the play. Keane will look a player again, the rest of the old men at the back will have comfort that their mate is only 10 yards away and we'll become more difficult to score against. Doesn't excite me but then again Everton Football Club haven't excited me for years now, I feel a bit detached writing this as I'm getting to stage where I can't actually get myself bothered about who the next manager is or if we win at weekend.

I feel your pain, thats why I was hoping for an appointment that would excite and get my pulse racing again, if this happens its just meh, at best. We missed a huge opportunity in the summer and this will compound that failure. I dont think we are a bottom half side if we get a striker, we need to look beyond this predicament as when we get a striker in January we will shoot up the table, we shouldn't base our managerial appointment on where we are now just cause he'll do a job at stabilising us

October 31, 2017, 05:37:21 PM
Reply #77

hill135

More importantly is it Dyche with a 'ch' or Dyche with a 'c' sound?

October 31, 2017, 05:46:12 PM
Reply #78

Macca77

"Hes got a red beard and we don't care"

Doesn't work really does it

October 31, 2017, 05:52:34 PM
Reply #79

Tofifee

The King in the North........

Winter is well and truly fuking here  >:( >:(

October 31, 2017, 06:02:56 PM
Reply #80

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I could get behind this I think.

Plenty of people saying the squad doesn't suit him but I'm not sure.

Williams jags Keane are all poor ball players (where Koeman had always had a van dijk) but good deep block body on the line cb's, plenty of legs in midfield too so I think he could sure us up but would struggle to make chances until bolassie is back.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 31, 2017, 06:06:54 PM
Reply #81

dazfrancis

More importantly is it Dyche with a 'ch' or Dyche with a 'c' sound?

Thought it was more a 'sh' sound

October 31, 2017, 06:19:52 PM
Reply #82

Hawkandro

I feel your pain, thats why I was hoping for an appointment that would excite and get my pulse racing again, if this happens its just meh, at best. We missed a huge opportunity in the summer and this will compound that failure. I dont think we are a bottom half side if we get a striker, we need to look beyond this predicament as when we get a striker in January we will shoot up the table, we shouldn't base our managerial appointment on where we are now just cause he'll do a job at stabilising us

That's Everton in a nutshell though; a constant parade of missed opportunities.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 31, 2017, 06:52:30 PM
Reply #83

Redartin

Small time thinking.

You can just hear the conversation:

Walsh: Who do you want me to look at boss.

Dyche: gravel, gravel, There are a few blokes in the Championship that are good, gravel, gravel.

Walsh: What about players abroad? I wouldn't mind another hol in Italy.

Dyche: gravel, gravel, Don't really know any, only ever saw a few on TV, gravel.

Walsh: John Walters supports Everton, will I get him?

Dyche: Yeah good lad is John, Gravel.

I just knew it was going to be this. A trilogy of gingers.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:37:38 AM by Redartin »
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

October 31, 2017, 07:00:36 PM
Reply #84

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Small time thinking.

You can just hear the conversation:

Walsh: Who do you want me to look at boss.

Dyche: gravel, gravel, There are a few blokes in the Championship that are god, gravel, gravel.

Walsh: What about players abroad? I wouldn't mind another hol in Italy.

Dyche: gravel, gravel, Don't really know any, only ever saw a few on TV, gravel.

Walsh: John Walters supports Everton, will I get him?

Dyche: Yeah good lad is John, Gravel.

I just knew it was going to be this. A trilogy of gingers.

Could be worse, he could bring Joey Barton with him  :hmph:
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 31, 2017, 07:01:47 PM
Reply #85

Redartin

Could be worse, he could bring Joey Barton with him  :hmph:

He is too fat for Joey's liking.

October 31, 2017, 07:16:06 PM
Reply #86

GrantyBoy78

I think youre looking too far ahead. Obviously wed like a world class manager but its horses for courses.

Say, hypothetically, we could get Pep and brought him in. What does he know about grinding out results? Being pragmatic? Working with a poor squad that dont have the ability or legs to press and out-pass the opposition?Playing with slow/shite fullbacks? Having no striker? Not having top class players to come off the bench and get you out of the shit every now and then?

October 31, 2017, 07:23:08 PM
Reply #87

Bluedylan

I think youre looking too far ahead. Obviously wed like a world class manager but its horses for courses.

Say, hypothetically, we could get Pep and brought him in. What does he know about grinding out results? Being pragmatic?

Edit: My mistake, apologies.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 07:25:35 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 31, 2017, 07:24:36 PM
Reply #88

Redartin

The only positive I can see in this is that without Dyche Burnley may fall into 18th place in the League, and we may move up to 17th, or the dizzy heights of 16th.

October 31, 2017, 08:17:20 PM
Reply #89

Major Clanger

The example of David Moyes exactly proves my point.

Took his solid, unspectacular, functional brand of football with him to Man Utd and failed miserably by dragging them down to the position you'd expect his Everton to finish. His approach to the game conditioned what he could achieve.

That is true but you can't reliably guess the maximum potential of managers until they get in that position (and fail).
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel