November 22, 2017, 05:25:08 AM

Author Topic: Everton approach Dyche  (Read 3828 times)

October 31, 2017, 08:32:55 PM
Reply #90

Fern

Maybe it's good idea to take on Allardyce, only temporarily, to try build that solid foundation we need - we really are in trouble.

Then get in exciting manager we need like Tuchel or Ancelotti, rather than be stuck with Dyche on a long term basis?

deCoubertin

October 31, 2017, 09:11:05 PM
Reply #91

Faceatthefence

Whoever comes in will have top weight on to turn these bunch of losers around,im in the tuchel camp if he,d come but what if we went down he,d be off in a shot.Then were would we be,in the championship trying get out at the first attempt with who...simon grayson?Look its been a rollercoaster since moyes left and i for one was glad to see the back of him,Dyche ticks the boxes in our current state and with a few quid to spend no one could predict how good or bad of a manager he would become.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

October 31, 2017, 09:13:00 PM
Reply #92

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure which thread is most depressing on the forum right now.

This is a strong contender though.

October 31, 2017, 09:25:02 PM
Reply #93

Cozzie

I don't want allardyce, don't really want Dyche either.

I agree with the sentiments though if we are gonna think about getting Dyche we may as well just get Allardyce in short term, exactly the same sort of manager.

Get the ship steadied and then get a more progressive manager in at the end of the season.

Dyche will want a long term deal and in all honesty it will get to a point where he will take us to where he can and then be stuck with him, that is my worry, Moyes MK2.

I'd love a Tuchel or an Anchelotti style manager in but they aren't gonna sort out our defensive issues or our solidity in any way at all.

It's a double edged sword, we do, unfortunately need a ship steadier for now as sad as it is to say that, but I don't want a permanent negative manager at the helm.

But hey, I am absolutely fucking powerless to whatever the club decide to do so will back whatever decision they make. 

October 31, 2017, 10:03:26 PM
Reply #94

KoemansNumberTens

Are we saying it's impossible to break the top 6 with what we consider negative football. Someone needs to tell mourinho or Diego Simeone.
I've no real clue if dyche is the right man or not. Think none of us have real confidence that anyone on the list would certainly be great here. I'm not having his style of football creates a ceiling for results though. That just seems like nonsense. Think we as fans are way too snobby. We talk as if we demand to be entertained by free flowing football while the reality is we've spent most of the last 30 years without it and not winning too much either. I just want to win some football games. Rather a pragmatic dyche for that than a lunatic like Martinez.

October 31, 2017, 10:09:43 PM
Reply #95

Waltzer

I don't want allardyce, don't really want Dyche either.

I agree with the sentiments though if we are gonna think about getting Dyche we may as well just get Allardyce in short term, exactly the same sort of manager.

Get the ship steadied and then get a more progressive manager in at the end of the season.

Dyche will want a long term deal and in all honesty it will get to a point where he will take us to where he can and then be stuck with him, that is my worry, Moyes MK2.

I'd love a Tuchel or an Anchelotti style manager in but they aren't gonna sort out our defensive issues or our solidity in any way at all.

It's a double edged sword, we do, unfortunately need a ship steadier for now as sad as it is to say that, but I don't want a permanent negative manager at the helm.

But hey, I am absolutely fucking powerless to whatever the club decide to do so will back whatever decision they make. 

I think were going OTT about how bad our squad is. Remove the failure to secure a striker and we have enhanced our squad dramatically from the one that finished 7th last year, when we get a striker the entire picture changes in my opinion. I think Tuchel or Ancelotti wouldnt have an issue coming in in January, buying a striker then we'd fly up the table, dont think about a short term appointment based on our current predicament as regardless of who we get it, its going to be a struggle until Jan.

October 31, 2017, 10:18:14 PM
Reply #96

therealdunc

We have a decent team, the problem is we had Ronald Koeman who made a multitude of errors and we have a stand in caretaker manager who has shown himself to be tactically clueless at this level.

A decent manager and we will do okay.
Blue

October 31, 2017, 10:20:22 PM
Reply #97

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 31, 2017, 10:27:15 PM
Reply #98

therealdunc

See other thread

Rafa Benitez or Sam Allardyce
Blue

October 31, 2017, 10:32:32 PM
Reply #99

bacon sarnie

Ah fuck but it is Halloween.

October 31, 2017, 10:34:31 PM
Reply #100

Coyb12

Dyche is a fucking dinosaur, Allardyce  till end of the season.

October 31, 2017, 10:41:15 PM
Reply #101

Evertonian in NC

I see Farhad and Bill have finally gotten around to drawing a name out of the hat.

If you want to know why we're going nowhere, it starts with those two. Zero clue about football between the two of them.

If kramer's panicking that's good enough for me.  :(
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 31, 2017, 10:44:59 PM
Reply #102

kramer0

If kramer's panicking that's good enough for me.  :(

I'm not panicking. I'd say I feel defeated more than anything else.

As long as Moshiri/Kenwright have no idea what's going on, we're doomed to mediocrity or worse.

October 31, 2017, 11:33:17 PM
Reply #103

GrantyBoy78

I think were going OTT about how bad our squad is. Remove the failure to secure a striker and we have enhanced our squad dramatically from the one that finished 7th last year, when we get a striker the entire picture changes in my opinion. I think Tuchel or Ancelotti wouldnt have an issue coming in in January, buying a striker then we'd fly up the table, dont think about a short term appointment based on our current predicament as regardless of who we get it, its going to be a struggle until Jan.
How come our starting 11s are full of kids that aren’t ready and over the hill veterans then? Of these ‘good’ players we have such as Sandro and Klassen they obviously have talent but there is absolutely zero evidence to assume they’ve got anything to offer us this season.

And as for the striker situation - we might be able to turn a player’s head with wages but who’s to say we can attract anyone of sufficient quality? Sufficient quality to come in a start banging the goals in.

October 31, 2017, 11:44:57 PM
Reply #104

bluestevie

We have a decent team, the problem is we had Ronald Koeman who made a multitude of errors and we have a stand in caretaker manager who has shown himself to be tactically clueless at this level.

A decent manager and we will do okay.

See other thread

Rafa Benitez or Sam Allardyce

One of those is not like the other
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson