November 20, 2017, 03:45:40 PM

Author Topic: Everton approach Dyche  (Read 3785 times)

October 31, 2017, 02:21:46 PM
Reply #15

MmmBlueRamirez

I suspect weíve approached for an interview.

Itís a bit different to actually offering the job.

Calm the fume for the time being.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

deCoubertin

October 31, 2017, 02:23:12 PM
Reply #16

Macca77

Probably the safest, most boring appointment we could make. Proper Everton.

Iím facing up to it. Weíre never gonna win anything ever again.

I came to terms with this years ago

October 31, 2017, 02:26:19 PM
Reply #17

GrantyBoy78

Just smacks of wanting to just be safe and coast along.

Where is the ambition to progress and move forward?

I get we are in a bit of a pickle at the moment but we are acting like we are Sunderland and its March or something.

I think Dyce will do alright here like but can't get excited by it at all if he is to come here
The flip-side being; we bring in a progressive thinking young German manager who, for example, wants to play a dynamic, pressing style. He struggles to impose himself and canít get these players to play his way and get results...thatíd see us relegated, simple as. Then the stadium and all our other grand plans fall apart.

Might well have to be a case one (several steps) backward - to see some progress.

I donít care how we play, I just want to see us win. Big names fail, unfashionable managers can surprise. Apart from a selection few manager, itís a lottery anyway.

October 31, 2017, 02:30:27 PM
Reply #18

Lazarou

The board has probably been burned by the Koeman saga, cost a hell of a lot of money, spent a lot of money and we have ended up in worse state. I can understand them not trying to reach for the stars again.

I just want us to look like a team that knows how to setup in a match, give 100% and win a few matches, it may be unambitious but it would be far preferable to what is going on at the moment.

Not sure Dyche is the man but I can't blame them for at least looking.

October 31, 2017, 02:33:37 PM
Reply #19

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Moshiri really mustnít have much faith in Unsworth.

Canít wait to see us go big for Robbie Brady in Jan :(

October 31, 2017, 02:34:27 PM
Reply #20

GrantyBoy78

Just smacks of wanting to just be safe and coast along.

Where is the ambition to progress and move forward?

I get we are in a bit of a pickle at the moment but we are acting like we are Sunderland and its March or something.

I think Dyce will do alright here like but can't get excited by it at all if he is to come here
Weíre a quarter way through the season and weíve looked awful every league game - the board need to be decisive and sort the manager situation out to get us back on track and quickly.

Dyche isnít the most inspiring choice but there are arguments heís just been pragmatic with the options he has. Could flourish at a bigger club with better resources. And that not to say we havenít sounded out the Tuchels and Nanglemans and weíve been turned down - which would be perfectly understandable.

October 31, 2017, 02:38:10 PM
Reply #21

Macca77

His voice annoys me, sounds like he's gargling gravel, somebody needs to do something about it pronto.

October 31, 2017, 02:40:17 PM
Reply #22

BlueForYou

Another throw of the dyche

Welcome to the "big time"
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 31, 2017, 02:43:58 PM
Reply #23

MmmBlueRamirez

Moyes MK2

Not necessarily a bad thing at this stage.

We need another solid platform to build on again after Moyes let his good foundations crumble a bit and Martinez and Koeman finished them off.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 31, 2017, 02:47:12 PM
Reply #24

Hawkandro

Part of me wants us to go get Tuchel or Ancelotti; i.e. the biggest name we can, but then Koeman was the biggest name we could get and look how that turned out.

If we cannot get Pellegrini, then I am happy for someone like Dyche to be given a chance. When you look at the options, there is a real paucity of choice out there at the moment, and we cannot really run the risk of making the wrong appointment now.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 31, 2017, 02:57:26 PM
Reply #25

Faceatthefence

His voice annoys me, sounds like he's gargling gravel, somebody needs to do something about it pronto.
Get big dunc to choke him stephen freund style on the training ground,that,ll sort it.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

October 31, 2017, 02:57:40 PM
Reply #26

Waltzer

Im probably doing Dyche a disservice but I think you could easily argue that Everton are in, or near about the top 20 teams in Europe, we've got so much to offer, history, new stadium, 'ambitious owner', playing in the biggest league in the world, loyal fan base yet it looks like were going for a manager is less than inspiring and in my opinion is nowhere near good enough.
Things have progressed so much I just dont see how Dyche style will be transferable to a team wanting to progress, its almost like Kenwright and Moshiri jumped in their own hot tub time machine and went back to the 90s with this.

October 31, 2017, 02:57:59 PM
Reply #27

Juanito

Burnley have a side of players in their mid 20ís, fit, strong, athletic and very well organised. If he can do that here with this group and get Sandro, Klaassen, Lookman and a few others looking like that, I think we could be ok.

Things will look different with Bolasie and Coleman in and there is no way we are not Bringing a striker in on Jan 1.

October 31, 2017, 03:00:43 PM
Reply #28

Lazarou

A big name gamble at this stage of the season with someone who has no experience of the premier league never mind a relegation scrap (if you believe we are, which I do) is a massive risk. I would much rather a pragmatic manager, would just love us to look like we know what we are doing, is that to much to ask?

October 31, 2017, 03:03:00 PM
Reply #29

Heisenberg

we need a winner. Not one of these steady Eddies. You've got to think of next season and the season after aswell