November 19, 2017, 05:36:31 AM

Author Topic: Everton approach Dyche  (Read 3726 times)

October 31, 2017, 03:05:18 PM
Reply #30

BlueForYou

Dyche has experience of a PL relegation scrap, alright - 2015!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

deCoubertin

October 31, 2017, 03:07:08 PM
Reply #31

Hawkandro

Odds on Danny Ings joining in January will drop rapidly, I imagine.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 31, 2017, 03:25:28 PM
Reply #32

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Odds on Danny Ings joining in January will drop rapidly, I imagine.

Is he even still a thing?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 31, 2017, 03:25:33 PM
Reply #33

Waltzer

A big name gamble at this stage of the season with someone who has no experience of the premier league never mind a relegation scrap (if you believe we are, which I do) is a massive risk. I would much rather a pragmatic manager, would just love us to look like we know what we are doing, is that to much to ask?

Dyche has got experience of a relegation scrap I suppose, but is that a good thing considering he got relegated?

October 31, 2017, 03:29:52 PM
Reply #34

Legend

Iíll take Dyche over Allardyce all day.
For the people who donít want him who would you want as the next manager?

October 31, 2017, 03:30:02 PM
Reply #35

GrantyBoy78

Im probably doing Dyche a disservice but I think you could easily argue that Everton are in, or near about the top 20 teams in Europe, we've got so much to offer, history, new stadium, 'ambitious owner', playing in the biggest league in the world, loyal fan base yet it looks like were going for a manager is less than inspiring and in my opinion is nowhere near good enough.
Things have progressed so much I just dont see how Dyche style will be transferable to a team wanting to progress, its almost like Kenwright and Moshiri jumped in their own hot tub time machine and went back to the 90s with this.
Being hard to beat comes first, then winning - then winning well. You canít travel from A to C and skip B.

October 31, 2017, 03:39:57 PM
Reply #36

Waltzer

Iíll take Dyche over Allardyce all day.
For the people who donít want him who would you want as the next manager?

Any of these:
Are they achievable, who knows, but Newcastle appointed an ex Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Valencia, Champions League winning manager so I dont see why not?

Tuchel
Ancelotti
Silva
Enrique
Favre
Bielsa
Hassenhuttl

October 31, 2017, 03:43:17 PM
Reply #37

KoemansNumberTens

Any of these:
Are they achievable, who knows, but Newcastle appointed an ex Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Valencia, Champions League winning manager so I dont see why not?

Tuchel
Ancelotti
Silva
Enrique
Favre
Bielsa
Hassenhuttl

Plenty on that list I know nowt about. Enrique is a poor manager though. I think there's a real danger of signing "a winner" who won just cos they were dealt a great hand rather than being any good. Dyche has done an unbelievable job at Burnley. He's a winner so far. Unless people are suggesting he should have won the league

October 31, 2017, 03:46:59 PM
Reply #38

toffeeland

We r in crisis. Lack of confidence, unbalanced squad, poor form. We need to get down to basics. I doubt any "big name" will dare to take us now with 2 months until the window opens to try and fix the mess.

October 31, 2017, 03:50:14 PM
Reply #39

Faceatthefence

We r in crisis. Lack of confidence, unbalanced squad, poor form. We need to get down to basics. I doubt any "big name" will dare to take us now with 2 months until the window opens to try and fix the mess.
This....give me Sean Dyche over all of the names banded about,why...cause they wont come to us and likely shit up their cv
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:58:24 PM by Faceatthefence »
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

October 31, 2017, 03:51:44 PM
Reply #40

Waltzer

Plenty on that list I know nowt about. Enrique is a poor manager though. I think there's a real danger of signing "a winner" who won just cos they were dealt a great hand rather than being any good. Dyche has done an unbelievable job at Burnley. He's a winner so far. Unless people are suggesting he should have won the league

Its a valid point about the hand they're given, but Martinez did remarkably well with Wigan and didnt succeed. I think any appointment will be a risk regardless of who it is, id just rather we take a risk where the reward, imo, would be greater than what Dyche is able to deliver? Who knows though, Dyche might be tactically very astute and given better resources deliver much higher quality. I just dont really want to sit through hours and hours of 30%, 1 nill football which he seems to deliver, but again this goes back to the 'hand your dealt' comment, so who knows what hed do?

October 31, 2017, 03:55:23 PM
Reply #41

KoemansNumberTens

Its a valid point about the hand they're given, but Martinez did remarkably well with Wigan and didnt succeed. I think any appointment will be a risk regardless of who it is, id just rather we take a risk where the reward, imo, would be greater than what Dyche is able to deliver? Who knows though, Dyche might be tactically very astute and given better resources deliver much higher quality. I just dont really want to sit through hours and hours of 30%, 1 nill football which he seems to deliver, but again this goes back to the 'hand your dealt' comment, so who knows what hed do?

I do wonder what sort of football mourinho would play at Burnley and what dyche would play at Utd. Are they really that different in style?

October 31, 2017, 03:58:41 PM
Reply #42

Gary1878

We need a manager that gets the best out of the players and has a winning system, whatever that looks like.

As long as whoever comes in can do both of the above, we will be in a better position.

October 31, 2017, 03:59:41 PM
Reply #43

hill135

He'd come in, sort us out and have us climbing the table but realistically he's not going to break the ceiling of 6th place so we'd be treading water for the length of his contract. Fair do we shouldn't try and run before we can walk but we should be able to walk already. We're Everton ffs, with a squad full of experienced internationals!

Trouble is, I can't see any ambitious young manager with a growing rep and a vision to get us the table touching the job at this stage.

All round it's fucking shite that we're in the exact same boat as when RM left

October 31, 2017, 04:00:14 PM
Reply #44

Lincs Toffee

A risk is not what we can afford at the moment though, unless you fancy our chances battling it out in the Championship
ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean