November 19, 2017, 04:39:13 PM

Author Topic: Everton approach Dyche  (Read 3748 times)

October 31, 2017, 04:11:11 PM
Reply #45

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
there is no way we are not Bringing a striker in on Jan 1.

I genuinely wouldn't bet on that.

deCoubertin

October 31, 2017, 04:15:04 PM
Reply #46

hill135

Also I fundamentally disagree with two points.

He's not done an amazing job. He's done a fairly good job in keeping a team with a reasonable chance of staying up in the league.

Secondly, manager's don't adapt. It's a myth. They have methods and an approach to the game which they stick with and those methods condition how far their teams go and how far up the food chain that manager will succeed. I could list a thousand examples. He's not gonna come here and start playing more expansive football. We'd set up like Burnley. That's better than what we have now so nothing wrong with that but it's not a recipe for achieving anything of note now or ever.

October 31, 2017, 04:16:00 PM
Reply #47

Hawkandro

I genuinely wouldn't bet on that.

Agree with that; we may well have targets in mind, but we won't have them in come 1st Jan. Will probably be a week or two into window before sorted.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 31, 2017, 04:20:46 PM
Reply #48

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Agree with that; we may well have targets in mind, but we won't have them in come 1st Jan. Will probably be a week or two into window before sorted.

Unfortunately - i wouldn't bet on that either.
I am pretty despondent with Everton at the moment, so my pessimism has me thinking of a scenario where we spend all month chasing strikers that don't want to come to us again. then we'll scramble and get a typical last day of the window stop-gap.

October 31, 2017, 04:27:42 PM
Reply #49

KoemansNumberTens

Also I fundamentally disagree with two points.

He's not done an amazing job. He's done a fairly good job in keeping a team with a reasonable chance of staying up in the league.

Secondly, manager's don't adapt. It's a myth. They have methods and an approach to the game which they stick with and those methods condition how far their teams go and how far up the food chain that manager will succeed. I could list a thousand examples. He's not gonna come here and start playing more expansive football. We'd set up like Burnley. That's better than what we have now so nothing wrong with that but it's not a recipe for achieving anything of note now or ever.

The team that had a reasonable chance of staying up is the team that he got promoted when they weren't fancied either. He's built a mid table championship side into a side that look like they will stay up 2 seasons running (comfortably this time) on a budget a fraction of his championship rivals and now on a budget a fraction of his premier league rivals. You've obviously got high standards. What would have been a great job from where he started 5 years ago? They are 7th now. 1st? Champions of Europe. Win a World Cup?

October 31, 2017, 04:28:13 PM
Reply #50

therealdunc

Sean Dyche  :'(

Awful choice if this is true, no more than David Moyes the 2nd.

We need a pragmatist with tactical knowledge, not Dyche who will be happy to see us hard to beat and go away from home for a point.

Please speak to anyone who watches Burnley regularly over the past 5 years, yes they all like him, but they also admit the style of football is dull and he is very slow to make meaningful changes from the bench.

An utterly uninspiring signing as manager
Blue

October 31, 2017, 04:28:25 PM
Reply #51

boothill

Him or sam, ill take him, just so demoralising and underwhelming, think im gona cry now

October 31, 2017, 04:29:14 PM
Reply #52

KoemansNumberTens

Also who cares about expansive football. We are currently shite. Don't we just want to win some football matches.

October 31, 2017, 04:29:36 PM
Reply #53

kramer0

I see Farhad and Bill have finally gotten around to drawing a name out of the hat.

If you want to know why we're going nowhere, it starts with those two. Zero clue about football between the two of them.

October 31, 2017, 04:30:10 PM
Reply #54

Ross

Think this would signal that “the window of opportunity” had slammed shut.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 31, 2017, 04:35:55 PM
Reply #55

TheTone

we'll be back to the days of trying to loan a player with a view to a permanent signing next

October 31, 2017, 04:36:52 PM
Reply #56

hill135

The team that had a reasonable chance of staying up is the team that he got promoted when they weren't fancied either. He's built a mid table championship side into a side that look like they will stay up 2 seasons running (comfortably this time) on a budget a fraction of his championship rivals and now on a budget a fraction of his premier league rivals. You've obviously got high standards. What would have been a great job from where he started 5 years ago? They are 7th now. 1st? Champions of Europe. Win a World Cup?

I'm not saying he hasn't done a good job. I'll give you the first bit about taking them from mid table in the Championship to Premier League but I don't think keeping that team he has in the Prem is too amazing an achievement. They are 7th one quarter of the way through the season and they will slide back down again soon enough.

While I would like to see attractive football, like you I'm less concerned about that wins. I'm simply disagreeing with the suggestion that he would change his approach. He won't and the approach he adopts doesn't actually achieve many wins.

October 31, 2017, 04:43:30 PM
Reply #57

Bluedylan

Not really sure there's any actual substance to this. I'll believe it when Andy Hunter or Paul Joyce write about it, much more so than 'sky sources'. Wonder if the price has come in on Sky Bet?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 31, 2017, 04:44:00 PM
Reply #58

therealdunc

Correct.
Dyche will not change his approach, he is a negative manager who shows his tactical limitations by his inability to change games and refusal to swap from his plan A as he often doesn’t have a plan B beyond ‘get behind the ball and hit it long to a big man’.

I’m sorry, people need to educate themselves and watch the Burnley game last night. Or the game against our poor team at Goodison this season, we where there for the taking and in the end we nearly got a point cause Burnley went negative and didn’t make any positive changes.

Speak to Burnley fans, and don’t confuse their fondness of him (they are a championship club living the dream) to the fondness of the limitations of their game set up, play and tactics.

Nothing against Sean Dyche, but we don’t need another David Moyes.

And Sean Dyche would be coming on a 3 year contract, the argument we just get him in until the end of the season simply wouldn’t happen.
Blue

October 31, 2017, 04:45:12 PM
Reply #59

hill135

Not really sure there's any actual substance to this. I'll believe it when Andy Hunter or Paul Joyce write about it, much more so than 'sky sources'. Wonder if the price has come in on Sky Bet?

Interestingly Sky are now running with the more modest headline of "Everton interested in Dyche". You might be right.