October 21, 2019, 04:20:02 AM

Author Topic: Everton approach Dyche  (Read 10004 times)

October 31, 2017, 02:47:12 PM
Read 10004 times

Hawkandro

Part of me wants us to go get Tuchel or Ancelotti; i.e. the biggest name we can, but then Koeman was the biggest name we could get and look how that turned out.

If we cannot get Pellegrini, then I am happy for someone like Dyche to be given a chance. When you look at the options, there is a real paucity of choice out there at the moment, and we cannot really run the risk of making the wrong appointment now.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 31, 2017, 03:07:08 PM
Reply #1

Hawkandro

Odds on Danny Ings joining in January will drop rapidly, I imagine.

October 31, 2017, 04:16:00 PM
Reply #2

Hawkandro

I genuinely wouldn't bet on that.

Agree with that; we may well have targets in mind, but we won't have them in come 1st Jan. Will probably be a week or two into window before sorted.

October 31, 2017, 06:19:52 PM
Reply #3

Hawkandro

I feel your pain, thats why I was hoping for an appointment that would excite and get my pulse racing again, if this happens its just meh, at best. We missed a huge opportunity in the summer and this will compound that failure. I dont think we are a bottom half side if we get a striker, we need to look beyond this predicament as when we get a striker in January we will shoot up the table, we shouldn't base our managerial appointment on where we are now just cause he'll do a job at stabilising us

That's Everton in a nutshell though; a constant parade of missed opportunities.