November 18, 2017, 03:57:34 PM

Author Topic: Everton approach Dyche  (Read 3707 times)

October 31, 2017, 04:45:14 PM
Reply #60

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully they've just got a legal obligation to interview one ginger candidate and one fat candidate to fill the equal opportunity quotas, and they bring in Tuchel, who in turn tempts over Aubameyang, Pulisic and Reus to join in January to transform our season and leave us with An acceptable FA Cup and europa League double as well as 2nd in the league before the big title push next season
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

deCoubertin

October 31, 2017, 04:47:21 PM
Reply #61

Tinga

Moyes MKII.

October 31, 2017, 04:47:28 PM
Reply #62

Cereal Killer

Meh

Whoever it is won't suddenly make us create a ton of chances, we might be tightened up defensively but that's about it until January

October 31, 2017, 04:49:07 PM
Reply #63

Ramjam

Fuckin have some of that, thatís the spirit we need
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 31, 2017, 04:49:13 PM
Reply #64

Lazarou

we'll be back to the days of trying to loan a player with a view to a permanent signing next

It's amazing how quick the wheels have come off. I can't quite believe it. May be a bit melodramatic but I think I am have actually gone Everton numb with the shock this season. I had so much optimism when we signed Pickford etc.

October 31, 2017, 04:57:09 PM
Reply #65

The Analog Kid

Interestingly Sky are now running with the more modest headline of "Everton interested in Dyche". You might be right.

... theyíre also saying (from another source) that the club have also stated they wonít rush into an appointment.

October 31, 2017, 04:58:45 PM
Reply #66

therealdunc

Jim white has a direct line to Moshiri, whatever jim white puts out you can guess he might have some inside info.

Not saying itís right that our main owner chats to a tv and radio presenter, but itís his choice.
Blue

October 31, 2017, 05:00:15 PM
Reply #67

Bluedylan

It's amazing how quick the wheels have come off. I can't quite believe it. May be a bit melodramatic but I think I am have actually gone Everton numb with the shock this season. I had so much optimism when we signed Pickford etc.

At least wait until there's any credibility to these rumours established, like a remotely reputable source. Bet there's been some money wagered on Dyche on sky bet today.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 31, 2017, 05:03:19 PM
Reply #68

Ross

Jim white has a direct line to Moshiri, whatever jim white puts out you can guess he might have some inside info.

Not saying itís right that our main owner chats to a tv and radio presenter, but itís his choice.

What the Jim White who works for Sky? As in the Sky in ďsky sourcesĒ?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 31, 2017, 05:08:02 PM
Reply #69

everton1952

I long for the day we get adventurous with one of our appointments or signings
We did. Roberto and then Koeman. I take it you supported both choices? Or did you voice your opposition on each occasion?

October 31, 2017, 05:08:19 PM
Reply #70

Bluedylan

Burnley Express reckon there is 'no approach imminent' for Dyche. Suggests whilst he's an option, he isn't first choice.

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/clarets/no-approach-imminent-for-dyche-1-8832261
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:11:14 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 31, 2017, 05:09:01 PM
Reply #71

GrantyBoy78

Its a valid point about the hand they're given, but Martinez did remarkably well with Wigan and didnt succeed. I think any appointment will be a risk regardless of who it is, id just rather we take a risk where the reward, imo, would be greater than what Dyche is able to deliver? Who knows though, Dyche might be tactically very astute and given better resources deliver much higher quality. I just dont really want to sit through hours and hours of 30%, 1 nill football which he seems to deliver, but again this goes back to the 'hand your dealt' comment, so who knows what hed do?
The reward is 7th though and the risk is getting relegated and then we are utterly fucked!

October 31, 2017, 05:22:18 PM
Reply #72

MmmBlueRamirez

Also I fundamentally disagree with two points.

Secondly, manager's don't adapt. It's a myth. They have methods and an approach to the game which they stick with and those methods condition how far their teams go and how far up the food chain that manager will succeed. I could list a thousand examples. He's not gonna come here and start playing more expansive football. We'd set up like Burnley. That's better than what we have now so nothing wrong with that but it's not a recipe for achieving anything of note now or ever.

David Moyes evolving our play as he improved the squad directly contradicts that point.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 31, 2017, 05:25:17 PM
Reply #73

Lxxx

Also I fundamentally disagree with two points.

He's not done an amazing job. He's done a fairly good job in keeping a team with a reasonable chance of staying up in the league.

Secondly, manager's don't adapt. It's a myth. They have methods and an approach to the game which they stick with and those methods condition how far their teams go and how far up the food chain that manager will succeed. I could list a thousand examples. He's not gonna come here and start playing more expansive football. We'd set up like Burnley. That's better than what we have now so nothing wrong with that but it's not a recipe for achieving anything of note now or ever.

Agree to a certain extent. Martinez had a way of playing at a lower league club and won a cup but got them relegated and Dyche has a way of playing with a similar sized club and got them relegated but promoted again. In the end it comes down to resources, both clubs were always going to have a ceiling due to size and budgets and both men have a relegation on their CV.

He'll play a narrow back four to eliminate gaps and put a bank of four ahead to squeeze the play. Keane will look a player again, the rest of the old men at the back will have comfort that their mate is only 10 yards away and we'll become more difficult to score against. Doesn't excite me but then again Everton Football Club haven't excited me for years now, I feel a bit detached writing this as I'm getting to stage where I can't actually get myself bothered about who the next manager is or if we win at weekend.

October 31, 2017, 05:29:36 PM
Reply #74

Gary1878

I think everyone is looking for the next Pochettino, to come in from a smaller club and produce the goods at a higher level. It is however rare for a manager to step up in the way that he did/has.

If we want to compete at the top (or indeed just start competing at all), we need to bring in a manager who is already at the top level. Otherwise, I fear we will be forever searching for  that special one who can step up to the plate.