December 14, 2018, 05:21:50 AM

Author Topic: Everton approach Dyche  (Read 7744 times)

October 31, 2017, 02:26:19 PM
Read 7744 times

GrantyBoy78

Just smacks of wanting to just be safe and coast along.

Where is the ambition to progress and move forward?

I get we are in a bit of a pickle at the moment but we are acting like we are Sunderland and its March or something.

I think Dyce will do alright here like but can't get excited by it at all if he is to come here
The flip-side being; we bring in a progressive thinking young German manager who, for example, wants to play a dynamic, pressing style. He struggles to impose himself and can’t get these players to play his way and get results...that’d see us relegated, simple as. Then the stadium and all our other grand plans fall apart.

Might well have to be a case one (several steps) backward - to see some progress.

I don’t care how we play, I just want to see us win. Big names fail, unfashionable managers can surprise. Apart from a selection few manager, it’s a lottery anyway.

October 31, 2017, 02:34:27 PM
Reply #1

GrantyBoy78

Just smacks of wanting to just be safe and coast along.

Where is the ambition to progress and move forward?

I get we are in a bit of a pickle at the moment but we are acting like we are Sunderland and its March or something.

I think Dyce will do alright here like but can't get excited by it at all if he is to come here
We’re a quarter way through the season and we’ve looked awful every league game - the board need to be decisive and sort the manager situation out to get us back on track and quickly.

Dyche isn’t the most inspiring choice but there are arguments he’s just been pragmatic with the options he has. Could flourish at a bigger club with better resources. And that not to say we haven’t sounded out the Tuchels and Nanglemans and we’ve been turned down - which would be perfectly understandable.

October 31, 2017, 03:30:02 PM
Reply #2

GrantyBoy78

Im probably doing Dyche a disservice but I think you could easily argue that Everton are in, or near about the top 20 teams in Europe, we've got so much to offer, history, new stadium, 'ambitious owner', playing in the biggest league in the world, loyal fan base yet it looks like were going for a manager is less than inspiring and in my opinion is nowhere near good enough.
Things have progressed so much I just dont see how Dyche style will be transferable to a team wanting to progress, its almost like Kenwright and Moshiri jumped in their own hot tub time machine and went back to the 90s with this.
Being hard to beat comes first, then winning - then winning well. You can’t travel from A to C and skip B.

October 31, 2017, 05:09:01 PM
Reply #3

GrantyBoy78

Its a valid point about the hand they're given, but Martinez did remarkably well with Wigan and didnt succeed. I think any appointment will be a risk regardless of who it is, id just rather we take a risk where the reward, imo, would be greater than what Dyche is able to deliver? Who knows though, Dyche might be tactically very astute and given better resources deliver much higher quality. I just dont really want to sit through hours and hours of 30%, 1 nill football which he seems to deliver, but again this goes back to the 'hand your dealt' comment, so who knows what hed do?
The reward is 7th though and the risk is getting relegated and then we are utterly fucked!

October 31, 2017, 07:16:06 PM
Reply #4

GrantyBoy78

I feel your pain, thats why I was hoping for an appointment that would excite and get my pulse racing again, if this happens its just meh, at best. We missed a huge opportunity in the summer and this will compound that failure. I dont think we are a bottom half side if we get a striker, we need to look beyond this predicament as when we get a striker in January we will shoot up the table, we shouldn't base our managerial appointment on where we are now just cause he'll do a job at stabilising us
I think you’re looking too far ahead. Obviously we’d like a world class manager but it’s horses for courses.

Say, hypothetically, we could get Pep and brought him in. What does he know about grinding out results? Being pragmatic? Working with a poor squad that don’t have the ability or legs to press and out-pass the opposition?Playing with slow/shite fullbacks? Having no striker? Not having top class players to come off the bench and get you out of the shit every now and then?

October 31, 2017, 11:33:17 PM
Reply #5

GrantyBoy78

I think were going OTT about how bad our squad is. Remove the failure to secure a striker and we have enhanced our squad dramatically from the one that finished 7th last year, when we get a striker the entire picture changes in my opinion. I think Tuchel or Ancelotti wouldnt have an issue coming in in January, buying a striker then we'd fly up the table, dont think about a short term appointment based on our current predicament as regardless of who we get it, its going to be a struggle until Jan.
How come our starting 11s are full of kids that aren’t ready and over the hill veterans then? Of these ‘good’ players we have such as Sandro and Klassen they obviously have talent but there is absolutely zero evidence to assume they’ve got anything to offer us this season.

And as for the striker situation - we might be able to turn a player’s head with wages but who’s to say we can attract anyone of sufficient quality? Sufficient quality to come in a start banging the goals in.

November 01, 2017, 08:47:27 PM
Reply #6

GrantyBoy78

Bit grim this potential shortlist isn't it.
Managers in general are much maligned though. Half Utd fans will tell you Mourinho is shit.