November 22, 2017, 01:36:23 AM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 6060 times)

November 01, 2017, 01:18:42 AM
Read 6060 times

Simon Paul

Administrator
Just seen a tweet @ nsno that "we are in a relegation battle and it's mid season"

Well no, it's not is it?

We are 10 games in to a 38 game season.

We have 28 games to turn things around, and we WILL turn it around.  No matter who comes in.

Before Unsworth took charge of a single game there were wild celebrations from the same people who are now down in the dumps and desperate for Allardyce to come in and save us.

Fuck off.

84 points are up for grabs at the moment and we only need another 30 to stay up.

Your mum could achieve that with this Everton squad.

If the manager the club want isn't available until the summer it's not the end of the world.  We will stay up, and we will move on from the disaster that was Ronald Koeman.

The next appointment is crucial - but then so was the last one - so we need to get it even less wrong than we got Koeman.

There's no need to panic-buy a journeyman manager whose dad dance is the highlight of your season.

deCoubertin

November 01, 2017, 01:24:12 AM
Reply #1

TheTone

It's the manner of many of the losses though

We're being well beaten rather than losing unluckily by the odd goal

Any combination of the back 4 have been diabolical

The midfield is badly out of form

Up front we can't rely on anyone to score

We're in massive trouble here and any new manager will have a huge job on their hands

November 01, 2017, 01:24:57 AM
Reply #2

sirblue57

Just seen a tweet @ nsno that "we are in a relegation battle and it's mid season"

Well no, it's not is it?

We have 28 games to turn things around, and we WILL turn it around.  No matter who comes in.

Before Unsworth took charge of a single game there were wild celebrations from the same people who are now down in the dumps and desperate for Allardyce to come in and save us.

Fuck off.

84 points are up for grabs at the moment and we only need another 30 to stay up.

If the manager the club want isn't available until the summer it's not the end of the world.  We will stay up, and we will move on from the disaster that was Ronald Koeman.

The next appointment is crucial - but then so was the last one - so we need to get it even less wrong than we got Koeman.

There's no need to panic-buy a journeyman manager whose dad dance is the highlight of your season.
  at least someone has some sense, I was beginning to wonder how low this site had gone.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 01, 2017, 01:26:34 AM
Reply #3

Mayor Farnum

We've got less of a goal threat than Sunderland had last year.

November 01, 2017, 01:27:30 AM
Reply #4

Simon Paul

Administrator
It's the manner of many of the losses though

We're being well beaten rather than losing unluckily by the odd goal

Any combination of the back 4 have been diabolical

The midfield is badly out of form

Up front we can't rely on anyone to score

We're in massive trouble here and any new manager will have a huge job on their hands

Chelsea didn't beat us "well" - they were lucky to hold on.  We wouldn't have been lucky winners if we'd got a second and taken them to penalties even.

Leicester - the back four need to take a long hard look at themselves.  There's no way on earth ANY manager told them to do what they did in the first half.

That's all we've seen from Rhino, but he's instilled some battle and some fight already.

If we get a result against Watford we move up to about 13th and we go into the international break smiling.

November 01, 2017, 01:31:16 AM
Reply #5

Heisenberg

Well no, it's not is it?

Fuck off.

this is my feelings on it completely. There is also a transefer window were we WILL buy a striker or loan one at least. We have time

November 01, 2017, 01:31:46 AM
Reply #6

eyesalwaysblue

On the upside Simon them Everton Poppy's were very neat.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 01, 2017, 01:34:54 AM
Reply #7

van der Meyde

Get that sent to Farhad.

And while you're at it, maybe have a word with Walshy and put the brakes on the "proven Premier League talent" he'll have lined up for us.

Fuck all this short termism. Let's have a bit of perspective and vision please.

November 01, 2017, 01:35:00 AM
Reply #8

Simon Paul

Administrator
On the upside Simon them Everton Poppy's were very neat.

had loads of comments on mine mate, looks very smart

November 01, 2017, 01:40:35 AM
Reply #9

Lxxx

Think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

We havenít played well for 90 minutes this season, we have no goal threat and our defending is a shambles.

No of course weíre not down already but letís not think itís going to be a walk in the park to get out of this. Weíre as bad a team as there is in the league at the minute, even Palace can call upon Benteke when heís fit.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:03:14 AM by Lxxx »

November 01, 2017, 01:46:53 AM
Reply #10

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Well no, it's not is it?

Fuck off.

I agree we shouldn't be panicking to the extent of not seeing a bigger picture with the managerial appointment.

However, what are you looking at in this Everton squad that makes you think this is an easy job? This team could play for another 2 months and barely score a handful of goals. That is before we get to the rickety defence and the midfield issues. This is not an easy job and why it's so important to get the appointment right and for it to happen ASAP.

November 01, 2017, 01:51:39 AM
Reply #11

Macca77

We'll beat Watford on Sunday

November 01, 2017, 02:06:10 AM
Reply #12

Lazarou

I think we have right to be worried as there is no evidence to suggest we should not be. Until performances improve then I cannot see why everyone should not be worried. We have looked a shambles in the pre season friendlies, the league, the fizzy drink cup and europe. One decent performance against City is all I can think of that has been anywhere near the standard required.

November 01, 2017, 02:09:13 AM
Reply #13

Simon Paul

Administrator
I think we have right to be worried as there is no evidence to suggest we should not be. Until performances improve then I cannot see why everyone should not be worried. We have looked a shambles in the pre season friendlies, the league, the fizzy drink cup and europe. One decent performance against City is all I can think of that has been anywhere near the standard required.

And we've got rid of the clown responsible for those performances

November 01, 2017, 02:10:55 AM
Reply #14

KoemansNumberTens

I'm not sure anyone seriously thinks we are going down but the flip side of that is that we actually have way more points than we deserve.
I do think we are in some trouble if we don't start to at least see improvements in performances soon. Think we are in some trouble if we continue with some of the same team selections that simply haven't worked