November 20, 2017, 02:04:27 AM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 5923 times)

November 03, 2017, 03:37:25 AM
Reply #165

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Itís not because heís good itís just because heís a certain profile of player that we donít otherwise have. All first half balls over the top where bouncing off their cbís kite and Gylfi couldnít get near it. DCL knows the role of run run run jump jump jump so the idea is play a not that good but right type of player as a 9.

I think heís a good player and if we were doing wel this year it would have been great to blood him and see him a bit... it the fact we are relying on him is a crime.

He lacks a lot of goal threat at the moment.

So at present heís most useful if we need to play the ball into the channels.

If we need more control, plus a threat in the box then he doesnít provide that at the moment.

deCoubertin

November 03, 2017, 03:40:43 AM
Reply #166

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Remember all that "it's in the club's DNA" shite that he kept spouting as well, at one point couldn't do a fucking interview without mentioning it.

It was standard say what is perceived to the opposite of what the previous manager wasnít doing.

He thought / was told that Moyes was seen to be ďhappy with 7thĒ (ah well...) therefore stress wanting to win / history etc.

Koeman thought / was told that the crowd didnít like sideways football flowery nonsense etc.

Unsworth picked up on moans about lack of width / not having a go.

November 03, 2017, 03:42:38 AM
Reply #167

Lxxx

I think if the effort is there the crowd will get behind them because it's Unsworths first home game (this time around) and because there's young players in the team.

I don't think luck needs to come into it at all. We need to take our chances when they come.

I think we do need the rub of the green you know. It's easy to say we should take our chances but we don't have players clinical enough to take chances when they come, which is few and far between.

A scruffy goal, a penalty, an own goal even. Something to ignite us which probably won't come from a flowing move and a clinical finish. We're in the market for scraps when your general play doesn't bring many chances from open play.

November 03, 2017, 03:46:32 AM
Reply #168

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Martinez had a winning mentality. Shitting hell

Simply simply lovely

November 03, 2017, 03:54:24 AM
Reply #169

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He lacks a lot of goal threat at the moment.

So at present heís most useful if we need to play the ball into the channels.

If we need more control, plus a threat in the box then he doesnít provide that at the moment.

We donít have anyone who does do both, but I think Gylfi, Klaassen, Lookman, Rooney, Mirallas, Sandro are all, looking at their histories, potential goal threats in and around a number nine.

It hasnít worked though.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 03, 2017, 03:57:42 AM
Reply #170

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We donít have anyone who does do both, but I think Gylfi, Klaassen, Lookman, Rooney, Mirallas, Sandro are all, looking at their histories, potential goal threats in and around a number nine.

It hasnít worked though.

Yes theyíd all be better with a 9. Problem is that DCL doesnít provide enough guarantee of basic hold up / link etc. He has flashes of great control which hint at promise.

The issue for me is that heís hardly getting chance and then if he does, like Leicester missing the ball (or the missed header at the end vs Appollon), then heís not guaranteed to score at all.

If a chance fell to Rooney or Mirallas etc Iíd expect them to score.

November 03, 2017, 04:02:23 AM
Reply #171

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes theyíd all be better with a 9. Problem is that DCL doesnít provide enough guarantee of basic hold up / link etc. He has flashes of great control which hint at promise.

The issue for me is that heís hardly getting chance and then if he does, like Leicester missing the ball (or the missed header at the end vs Appollon), then heís not guaranteed to score at all.

If a chance fell to Rooney or Mirallas etc Iíd expect them to score.

I donít disagree. Like I say, would have been nice to blood him but to rely on him is a crime.

I would have spent £30m+ on Rondon.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 03, 2017, 04:04:12 AM
Reply #172

Dr. Sponge

Whoever comes in needs to sort out defence out ASAP.

As hard as we find to score goals, we're also atrocious defensively. It saddens me.

November 03, 2017, 12:09:50 PM
Reply #173

macker07

The reality is, we are bottom three. Canít score goals, canít defend. Do not have a true leader on the field, and management at our club is letting us down. Our money goes to pay people who can make decisions. Whoever decided to play Sigurdsson as a lone striker should never ever go near a football pitch ever again.

Ever since we were thrown out of Europe, due to our classless neighbours. Our management has been shocking, I personally have had enough of the time, effort, and money I have put into this club. I believe we are doomed this season. My love affair with the blues is sadly coming to an end.

November 03, 2017, 02:47:33 PM
Reply #174

Jamokachi

The reality is, we are bottom three. Canít score goals, canít defend. Do not have a true leader on the field, and management at our club is letting us down. Our money goes to pay people who can make decisions. Whoever decided to play Sigurdsson as a lone striker should never ever go near a football pitch ever again.

Ever since we were thrown out of Europe, due to our classless neighbours. Our management has been shocking, I personally have had enough of the time, effort, and money I have put into this club. I believe we are doomed this season. My love affair with the blues is sadly coming to an end.

Oh shut up

November 03, 2017, 03:46:07 PM
Reply #175

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Bye then
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 03, 2017, 03:56:02 PM
Reply #176

gizzblue

Regardless of how much shitter we get or championship football or fucking Big Sam....this is my team it always will be ....there is no other .
Everton for ever.

November 03, 2017, 03:58:12 PM
Reply #177

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Regardless of how much shitter we get or championship football or fucking Big Sam....this is my team it always will be ....there is no other .
Everton for ever.

Same here - top tier or bottom tier, Everton are my club. Thick and thin
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 03, 2017, 04:21:20 PM
Reply #178

dazfrancis

Sounds like you missed the late 90's early 00's, they were great fun!!!

November 03, 2017, 04:22:52 PM
Reply #179

Macca77

Everton for ever.

Two of those things won't happen.