November 21, 2017, 11:46:33 PM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 6055 times)

November 03, 2017, 04:31:41 PM
Reply #180

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Regardless of how much shitter we get or championship football or fucking Big Sam....this is my team it always will be ....there is no other .
Everton for ever.

We’re Everton and we’ll be everton forever.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

deCoubertin

November 03, 2017, 04:39:51 PM
Reply #181

Rhys

Just beyond worried now. Villas was a slow decline but you could see it coming a mile off. Poor recruitment and god awful management in the end.

Massive over reaction I will admit but it just all feels so grim.

Villa's was over a big period of time though. Finished 16th, 15th, 15th, 17th before they finally went down. That's 5 years of being awful and bad recruitment summer after summer where by the end the players, fans and club were in pieces.

We finished 7th 6 months ago, we dont know for sure but it's more likely this is a very bad period where players are on absolute bottom confidence and form levels. We had bad periods under moyes early in seasons where good players look bad, then when results started to come they went back to looking good players. We know players like Schneiderlin, Davies, Gueye, Gylfi arent terrible players like theyve looked for most of the season. It is more likely when form and confidence comes back they go back to being good players than all of a sudden all be finished as top flight footballers.

There is a lot of work, but still important to remember we are 9 league games into the season. Plenty of time for whoever comes in to work with them and find a way to get them going and up the table.

November 03, 2017, 05:48:09 PM
Reply #182

montanatoffeefan

Villa's was over a big period of time though. Finished 16th, 15th, 15th, 17th before they finally went down. That's 5 years of being awful and bad recruitment summer after summer where by the end the players, fans and club were in pieces.

We finished 7th 6 months ago, we dont know for sure but it's more likely this is a very bad period where players are on absolute bottom confidence and form levels. We had bad periods under moyes early in seasons where good players look bad, then when results started to come they went back to looking good players. We know players like Schneiderlin, Davies, Gueye, Gylfi arent terrible players like theyve looked for most of the season. It is more likely when form and confidence comes back they go back to being good players than all of a sudden all be finished as top flight footballers.

There is a lot of work, but still important to remember we are 9 league games into the season. Plenty of time for whoever comes in to work with them and find a way to get them going and up the table.

We can hope. But I just don't see anything much to hang that hope on right now.

Those Moyes teams had an established identity and core of players designed to assert it with a history of doing just that. And they thrived on challenges.

This team...what the hell is it? As has been pointed out, it does nothing very well in any part of the pitch. So it's hard to see a foundation and strength to build on.

New manager is going to have to first establish an identity to the team and the players he can rely on. I suspect he'll also need to ship off a number of players not suited by skillset or attitude to help bring that off. That's a lot of fundamental tasks this far into the season. He'll need to be good.
Everton forever.

November 03, 2017, 05:56:42 PM
Reply #183

MmmBlueRamirez

The Samaritans:

Freephone 116 124
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 03, 2017, 06:36:56 PM
Reply #184

SANA_DR0

I feel we have a better squad now, than we have ever had, all we are missing is a couple of strikers..

but it looks worse than what it is, as we have no strikers, yes we need a new lb and a cb, but that is magnified as we can't keep the ball at the other end of the pitch.

our starting 11 is still lopsided, not Unsworths fault tho.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

November 03, 2017, 06:37:11 PM
Reply #185

Lxxx

The reality is, we are bottom three. Can’t score goals, can’t defend. Do not have a true leader on the field, and management at our club is letting us down. Our money goes to pay people who can make decisions. Whoever decided to play Sigurdsson as a lone striker should never ever go near a football pitch ever again.

Ever since we were thrown out of Europe, due to our classless neighbours. Our management has been shocking, I personally have had enough of the time, effort, and money I have put into this club. I believe we are doomed this season. My love affair with the blues is sadly coming to an end.

If you were here under Walter I'm not sure why present circumstances feel so bad.

November 03, 2017, 07:52:48 PM
Reply #186

Evertonian in NC

We can hope. But I just don't see anything much to hang that hope on right now.

Those Moyes teams had an established identity and core of players designed to assert it with a history of doing just that. And they thrived on challenges.

This team...what the hell is it? As has been pointed out, it does nothing very well in any part of the pitch. So it's hard to see a foundation and strength to build on.

New manager is going to have to first establish an identity to the team and the players he can rely on. I suspect he'll also need to ship off a number of players not suited by skillset or attitude to help bring that off. That's a lot of fundamental tasks this far into the season. He'll need to be good.

This is exactly why we need someone made of iron, who can build the squad up with positive vision (but not bullshit) and get everyone believing and pulling together again.  And be strong enough to cut out the deadwood who don't want to be team players, whoever they might be.

NOT a fucking Fat Sam, serving his own crooked ambition.  My God, the message that would send to the dressing room, let alone supporters.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 03, 2017, 07:57:04 PM
Reply #187

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I feel we have a better squad now, than we have ever had, all we are missing is a couple of strikers..

but it looks worse than what it is, as we have no strikers, yes we need a new lb and a cb, but that is magnified as we can't keep the ball at the other end of the pitch.

our starting 11 is still lopsided, not Unsworths fault tho.

Not even close.

Stones Barkley Lukaku were all 40-50m rated players in the spine of the team a few years ago, all either playing CL or soon to be now.

Plus jags Baines Coleman Barry a year younger.

That team would fucking bum this one everywhere
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 03, 2017, 08:01:04 PM
Reply #188

Evertonian in NC

Not even close.

Stones Barkley Lukaku were all 40-50m rated players in the spine of the team a few years ago, all either playing CL or soon to be now.

Rom alone is worth at least 3-4 of our current lot, Barkley 2-3
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 03, 2017, 08:05:38 PM
Reply #189

KoemansNumberTens

This is exactly why we need someone made of iron, who can build the squad up with positive vision (but not bullshit) and get everyone believing and pulling together again.  And be strong enough to cut out the deadwood who don't want to be team players, whoever they might be.

NOT a fucking Fat Sam, serving his own crooked ambition.  My God, the message that would send to the dressing room, let alone supporters.

I'm sorry but what dramatic nonsense. He's a good manager who's repeatedly done a good job with struggling sides. You make it sound like he's a soap opera villain. "My god what message would it send to the dressing room" probably just that they've been incredibly shit

November 03, 2017, 08:11:21 PM
Reply #190

Evertonian in NC

He's a grifter.  Doesn't have the rakish good looks for soap opera villain.

No club with self-respect would hire him, especially post-scandal.

November 03, 2017, 08:16:35 PM
Reply #191

SANA_DR0

Not even close.

i know it would, i said we are a few strikers off a few defenders off,, but over all there is more of a squad, but out first 11 is shit.

Barkley will be back, We will get a few strikers in and a defender of 2, or get Feeney to play..

this squad looks shit as we have no creative midfielder and no striker, with either of those we would be better..

i was on about squads, not the first 11.. course the first team with Barkley Rom and Stones would kill our current 11.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

November 03, 2017, 08:20:38 PM
Reply #192

blue1948

And we've got rid of the clown responsible for those performances
That statement is set on rocky ground , the fact is they are almost as bad now .The rot is a much in the players as the management .That is not to take any blame off Koeman but he has  gone now and we haven't got a striker scoring goals ,that I  think is our main problem .How can they gain confidence if we cannot score ? I would love to know the truth about that fiasco in the summer .

November 03, 2017, 08:21:29 PM
Reply #193

KoemansNumberTens

He's a grifter.  Doesn't have the rakish good looks for soap opera villain.

No club with self-respect would hire him, especially post-scandal.

What scandal? I genuinely can't quite remember the details past he was enjoying wine by the pint at the time. Was it third party ownership of players and how to do it without breaking rules?
Is your problem you don't rate him or the scandal? Would you be saying the same if it were guardiola enjoying large measures of wine?

November 03, 2017, 08:26:02 PM
Reply #194

everton1952

The reality is, we are bottom three. Can’t score goals, can’t defend. Do not have a true leader on the field, and management at our club is letting us down. Our money goes to pay people who can make decisions. Whoever decided to play Sigurdsson as a lone striker should never ever go near a football pitch ever again.

Ever since we were thrown out of Europe, due to our classless neighbours. Our management has been shocking, I personally have had enough of the time, effort, and money I have put into this club. I believe we are doomed this season. My love affair with the blues is sadly coming to an end.
As you are giving up, do you have a season ticket? If so can I buy the remaining games off you please? I have two people desperate for tickets. Does not matter where in the ground.