November 20, 2018, 03:33:45 AM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 13842 times)

November 01, 2017, 02:42:32 AM
Read 13842 times

bluenuck

It's the manner of many of the losses though

We're being well beaten rather than losing unluckily by the odd goal

Any combination of the back 4 have been diabolical

The midfield is badly out of form

Up front we can't rely on anyone to score

We're in massive trouble here and any new manager will have a huge job on their hands

While I think @Simon Paul  is right that we should keep our heads about us and we shouldn't start freaking out, I also think with every thing he said this ^^^ also has to be taken into account. We look very bad and I can't see where goals are going to come from. We have to score if we want to move up the table.

November 02, 2017, 05:26:01 AM
Reply #1

bluenuck

Not saying we are not in trouble but Villa comparisons are slightly off. They were on the downward spiral for a good few years before they went down. We can fix this.

Um, we've been on one for a few years. If it wasn't for Lukaku last season we would probably be right on their course.

November 02, 2017, 05:51:15 AM
Reply #2

bluenuck

No we haven't though have we? Villa looked like relegation was a guarantee for about four seasons. Even in Martinez' last two seasons we didn't look like getting relegated. The Lukaku thing? Maybe, maybe not. The old "we still would've finished 7th without his goals" stat springs to mind.

Fair enough.

But 3 out of the last 4 seasons have been backward. It's suppose to be the other way round. We really have to be careful here.

November 03, 2017, 02:45:44 AM
Reply #3

bluenuck

I'm at a tipping point now. Win against Watford and I'll continue to have hope.

If we get dismantled and either lose or draw then I'll be logging off for a while... Well I'll probably do one good rant before that.   :)

November 04, 2017, 11:58:52 PM
Reply #4

bluenuck

So the "one win and we'll be mid table" argument is sort of gone now....