November 22, 2018, 03:09:35 AM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 13894 times)

November 03, 2017, 03:08:54 AM
Reply #15

KoemansNumberTens

I think the real issue with everton is illustrated with the team selection tonight and moshiris recent comments. Before matches we are grouping games into 'ones we will lose' and 'ones we could win'. Its a club of losers top to bottom. The only person who has actually GOT us in the past 2 decades has been Martinez, which is pretty sad really. There is no way we will grow as a club making an appoinment like dyche or allarydyce. We need a winner ffs

Did Martinez get us? He did when we were winning and then made every excuse in the book when we weren't.

November 03, 2017, 03:17:00 AM
Reply #16

KoemansNumberTens

Execution was miles off. But he did get us yes. He had a winners mentality. All the school of science stuff. He was a fan aswell as a manager and I really felt that he wanted to do well for the club, not just himself. Moyes and Koeman were always looking on the next move.

I don't think he did. When it was going great he'd tell us we should be doing even better and when it turned to shit he told us we were the last English team in Europe and had a fantastic journey. I think he was just a good salesman.
We'd play dreadfully and he'd tell us it was great. That's not demanding the best

November 03, 2017, 08:05:38 PM
Reply #17

KoemansNumberTens

This is exactly why we need someone made of iron, who can build the squad up with positive vision (but not bullshit) and get everyone believing and pulling together again.  And be strong enough to cut out the deadwood who don't want to be team players, whoever they might be.

NOT a fucking Fat Sam, serving his own crooked ambition.  My God, the message that would send to the dressing room, let alone supporters.

I'm sorry but what dramatic nonsense. He's a good manager who's repeatedly done a good job with struggling sides. You make it sound like he's a soap opera villain. "My god what message would it send to the dressing room" probably just that they've been incredibly shit

November 03, 2017, 08:21:29 PM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

He's a grifter.  Doesn't have the rakish good looks for soap opera villain.

No club with self-respect would hire him, especially post-scandal.

What scandal? I genuinely can't quite remember the details past he was enjoying wine by the pint at the time. Was it third party ownership of players and how to do it without breaking rules?
Is your problem you don't rate him or the scandal? Would you be saying the same if it were guardiola enjoying large measures of wine?

November 05, 2017, 01:41:21 AM
Reply #19

KoemansNumberTens

Funnily my main form of optimism that we'll be ok stems more so on the fact that another weekend shows that outside the top 6 there is a remarkable amount of dross in the PL.

Crystal Palace, Swansea, Bournemouth, Stoke, West Ham, Newcastle...are the main reasons to be hopeful. Although really looking at the league table really from 20 to 7th it's pretty shitty quality all of which will likely struggle at various times in the season.

The gulf looks very wide right now between 6th and 7th.

I feel at least our situation can be remedied by a few key signings and a quality manager.

Only problem is our last 2 management appointments and our last 3 transfer windows have been inept

November 05, 2017, 05:49:17 PM
Reply #20

KoemansNumberTens

I really feel for Rooney at the moment... he's trying to do everything as the team around him are so poor.

He's our best passer and creator, but also our most reliable goal-scorer.

We could really do with two Rooney's... the chances he creates need him on the end of them.

Sorry but this is bordering on the delusional. He's been shite too. Not as shite as most but still shite.

November 05, 2017, 06:38:57 PM
Reply #21

KoemansNumberTens

Shite, one of the greatest players this country has ever produced ? No, you're spouting pure anti-Rooney bias.

I dont see how he can do much better when he's in such a God-awful team and trying to do the job of two players, and the captain.

yeah he's a bit crap cos he's the victim of his on going brilliance

November 05, 2017, 06:43:40 PM
Reply #22

KoemansNumberTens

They all wanted to leave, so binned off is wrong. Plus we havenít signed the Lukaku replacement yet ;)

Underlying issue though yes, in that weíve not tried to sign similar profile players.

Instead going for (very) cheap younger players and spending the money on proven players who (so far) havenít settled to produce what you expect.

I think the real issue with the proven players is even if they do reach the level we'd hoped and expected they are still short of being good enough for what was apparently our ambitions. We bought at best proven not quite good enough