September 19, 2019, 09:43:42 AM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 17617 times)

November 03, 2017, 02:52:57 AM
Reply #150

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Si thinks youíre a bad meff and an embarrassment for panicking.

He thinks that regardless of my views on Everton :(
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 03, 2017, 02:54:54 AM
Reply #151

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Lose agaisnt Watford on Sunday and then it's full on panic stations

I'm panicking now like but a win could breed a bit of confidence

Simply simply lovely

November 03, 2017, 02:55:53 AM
Reply #152

GrantyBoy78

Players + Manager neither one are right.

My word Barkley can't get back soon enough. At least we can push Rooney up then and maybe he can score a goal.

I'm so flipping tired of trying to shoehorn DCL in as our main striker. He just isn't ready. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, what are other people seeing as the benefits of repeatedly trying it, bar one half versus Man City?
Because we donít have better options

November 03, 2017, 02:57:12 AM
Reply #153

Macca77

November 03, 2017, 02:58:16 AM
Reply #154

Bally

Administrator
It's the roll I way

November 03, 2017, 03:03:08 AM
Reply #155

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Because we donít have better options

Even tonight with Sigurdsson we looked somewhat more able to retain the ball and were getting the wingers involved. It was a (mild) improvement for the time it lasted.

You replace DCL with Lukaku and we'd be mid-table. Even with players in this form as we'd likely have got a handful more goals. DCL has proven time and again he's not the answer. It's the single biggest issue with the current squad, without question.

November 03, 2017, 03:07:47 AM
Reply #156

GrantyBoy78

Itís certainly possible for us to get a win against Watford but Iím not sure this team has a silky performance in it and I definitely canít this team going on any sort of run, the talent and balance just isnít there.

I donít think weíll go down but itís going to be a grim season of picking up points here and there.

November 03, 2017, 03:08:54 AM
Reply #157

KoemansNumberTens

I think the real issue with everton is illustrated with the team selection tonight and moshiris recent comments. Before matches we are grouping games into 'ones we will lose' and 'ones we could win'. Its a club of losers top to bottom. The only person who has actually GOT us in the past 2 decades has been Martinez, which is pretty sad really. There is no way we will grow as a club making an appoinment like dyche or allarydyce. We need a winner ffs

Did Martinez get us? He did when we were winning and then made every excuse in the book when we weren't.

November 03, 2017, 03:12:04 AM
Reply #158

Heisenberg

Did Martinez get us? He did when we were winning and then made every excuse in the book when we weren't.

Execution was miles off. But he did get us yes. He had a winners mentality. All the school of science stuff. He was a fan aswell as a manager and I really felt that he wanted to do well for the club, not just himself. Moyes and Koeman were always looking on the next move.

November 03, 2017, 03:17:00 AM
Reply #159

KoemansNumberTens

Execution was miles off. But he did get us yes. He had a winners mentality. All the school of science stuff. He was a fan aswell as a manager and I really felt that he wanted to do well for the club, not just himself. Moyes and Koeman were always looking on the next move.

I don't think he did. When it was going great he'd tell us we should be doing even better and when it turned to shit he told us we were the last English team in Europe and had a fantastic journey. I think he was just a good salesman.
We'd play dreadfully and he'd tell us it was great. That's not demanding the best

November 03, 2017, 03:22:03 AM
Reply #160

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Players + Manager neither one are right.

My word Barkley can't get back soon enough. At least we can push Rooney up then and maybe he can score a goal.

I'm so flipping tired of trying to shoehorn DCL in as our main striker. He just isn't ready. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, what are other people seeing as the benefits of repeatedly trying it, bar one half versus Man City?

Itís not because heís good itís just because heís a certain profile of player that we donít otherwise have. All first half balls over the top where bouncing off their cbís kite and Gylfi couldnít get near it. DCL knows the role of run run run jump jump jump so the idea is play a not that good but right type of player as a 9.

I think heís a good player and if we were doing wel this year it would have been great to blood him and see him a bit... it the fact we are relying on him is a crime.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 03, 2017, 03:23:55 AM
Reply #161

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't think he did. When it was going great he'd tell us we should be doing even better and when it turned to shit he told us we were the last English team in Europe and had a fantastic journey. I think he was just a good salesman.
We'd play dreadfully and he'd tell us it was great. That's not demanding the best

Yeah, I don't really believe the "he got us" stuff. I think it was just another bit of Martinez spin and telling fans what he thought we wanted to hear. He did his research on us and looked into our history there's no doubt about that but I tend to think most things that he said and did were done with an ulterior motive.

November 03, 2017, 03:26:18 AM
Reply #162

Simon Paul

Administrator
He thinks that regardless of my views on Everton :(

I'd love to tug on your long locks big boy

November 03, 2017, 03:34:25 AM
Reply #163

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

He didnít have a winners mentality at all; the numerous games thrown away are testament to that on theyíre own.

November 03, 2017, 03:35:49 AM
Reply #164

Gash

Global Moderator
Remember all that "it's in the club's DNA" shite that he kept spouting as well, at one point he couldn't do a fucking interview without mentioning it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 03:40:25 AM by Gash »