November 25, 2017, 10:13:12 AM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 6298 times)

November 05, 2017, 01:33:19 AM
Reply #210

gizzblue

Do we?
Sig created more the other night when Rooney was in a different country ...and we're trully shite in front of goal ...if he plays he needs positional awareness of others around him or it fucks with everything in the opposition half imho. .....also some say he's the best passer I can't think of anyone who's give the ball away more this season.

deCoubertin

November 05, 2017, 01:37:39 AM
Reply #211

gizzblue

I mean it might be a problem were everyone else playing well and being stunted by him dropping too deep.

But given how woeful we are, complaining about this is straying towards moaning about Lukaku's first touch again.

Yes, not ideal, but a long way from being the first thing to sort out.
But goals win games and if he's in our half screwing us going forward .(DCL isolated because Rooney is 30yards away)..when we are 'not' scoring goals ....it's counter productive and answers itself really ...so i get your point but it makes little sense .

November 05, 2017, 01:38:50 AM
Reply #212

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Funnily my main form of optimism that we'll be ok stems more so on the fact that another weekend shows that outside the top 6 there is a remarkable amount of dross in the PL.

Crystal Palace, Swansea, Bournemouth, Stoke, West Ham, Newcastle...are the main reasons to be hopeful. Although really looking at the league table really from 20 to 7th it's pretty shitty quality all of which will likely struggle at various times in the season.

The gulf looks very wide right now between 6th and 7th.

I feel at least our situation can be remedied by a few key signings and a quality manager.

November 05, 2017, 01:41:21 AM
Reply #213

KoemansNumberTens

Funnily my main form of optimism that we'll be ok stems more so on the fact that another weekend shows that outside the top 6 there is a remarkable amount of dross in the PL.

Crystal Palace, Swansea, Bournemouth, Stoke, West Ham, Newcastle...are the main reasons to be hopeful. Although really looking at the league table really from 20 to 7th it's pretty shitty quality all of which will likely struggle at various times in the season.

The gulf looks very wide right now between 6th and 7th.

I feel at least our situation can be remedied by a few key signings and a quality manager.

Only problem is our last 2 management appointments and our last 3 transfer windows have been inept

November 05, 2017, 01:41:56 AM
Reply #214

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Sig created more the other night when Rooney was in a different country ...and we're trully shite in front of goal ...if he plays he needs positional awareness of others around him or it fucks with everything in the opposition half imho. .....also some say he's the best passer I can't think of anyone who's give the ball away more this season.

Yeah he certainly has been very slack in some of the passing. I'm surprised by how little stick he's got for it from the crowd, it's probably as he's usually got away with it. It's literally every game though he'll put something on a plate for the opposing team.

November 05, 2017, 01:42:39 AM
Reply #215

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Only problem is our last 2 management appointments and our last 3 transfer windows have been inept

Without doubt. Very limited thinking the whole way through seems to be a common theme.

November 05, 2017, 02:13:32 AM
Reply #216

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Might have forgotten, but I canít remember those?!

Also there have been some very slack passes but Iíd say thatís because heís come to get the ball so much.

Plus everyone has given terrible passes away; part of the vicious circle of poor form / confidence.

Yes he needs to be higher up but itís not as if heís taking the ball off people who had previously been finding good forward passes.

November 05, 2017, 05:47:33 PM
Reply #217

Everton Mint

I really feel for Rooney at the moment... he's trying to do everything as the team around him are so poor.

He's our best passer and creator, but also our most reliable goal-scorer.

We could really do with two Rooney's... the chances he creates need him on the end of them.

November 05, 2017, 05:49:17 PM
Reply #218

KoemansNumberTens

I really feel for Rooney at the moment... he's trying to do everything as the team around him are so poor.

He's our best passer and creator, but also our most reliable goal-scorer.

We could really do with two Rooney's... the chances he creates need him on the end of them.

Sorry but this is bordering on the delusional. He's been shite too. Not as shite as most but still shite.

November 05, 2017, 06:08:51 PM
Reply #219

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The Rooney question is a right quandry
In a way, his playing 10 is totally negating Sigs, rendering our record signing almost useless
BUT
Wazza has been one of our best players when on the pitch and is our only source of goals so far!
So do u drop the one lad scoring goals, to fit it another who hasnt kicked a ball for us since he joined
I had way less tolerance for Rooney's roaming during the Koeman free-for-all than I do now. When the ball was sailing over his head repeatedly, it didn't make a whole lot of sense to accommodate him, especially given his physical decline.

With an actual plan in possession, we need Rooney on the pitch. He's our best passer and the player most likely to make something happen from open play. You saw it against Chelsea. When Unsworth took him off, it really loosened our grip on the game and allowed Chelsea to breathe a bit.

Not his biggest fan but heís still head and shoulders above this lot and we need him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 05, 2017, 06:22:11 PM
Reply #220

Everton Mint

Sorry but this is bordering on the delusional. He's been shite too. Not as shite as most but still shite.

Shite, one of the greatest players this country has ever produced ? No, you're spouting pure anti-Rooney bias.

I dont see how he can do much better when he's in such a God-awful team and trying to do the job of two players, and the captain.

November 05, 2017, 06:28:40 PM
Reply #221

gizzblue

Shite, one of the greatest players this country has ever produced ? No, you're spouting pure anti-Rooney bias.

I dont see how he can do much better when he's in such a God-awful team and trying to do the job of two players, and the captain.
But that right there  is the issue with Rooney ...he's trying to do to much if he stuck to his position he could be a lot more potent in front of goal ....but his nomad style puts way to much space between the mid and forwards .

Not sure why some miss the glaring issue of him tbh.
He's definitely not the same player your and others are thinking of from four or five years ago .

November 05, 2017, 06:33:54 PM
Reply #222

Everton Mint

But that right there  is the issue with Rooney ...he's trying to do to much if he stuck to his position he could be a lot more potent in front of goal ....but his nomad style puts way to much space between the mid and forwards .

Not sure why some miss the glaring issue of him tbh.
He's definitely not the same player your and others are thinking of from four or five years ago .

He's doing what he can to help the team and he expects the others to do the same and feed off what he produces.

If he was lazy, just here for the money, always moaning or unfit then maybe. But there's no reason to label him shite.

November 05, 2017, 06:36:54 PM
Reply #223

Lxxx

Not even close.

Stones Barkley Lukaku were all 40-50m rated players in the spine of the team a few years ago, all either playing CL or soon to be now.

Plus jags Baines Coleman Barry a year younger.

That team would fucking bum this one everywhere

Depressing ain't it. Three of the Premier League's top talents, binned off to be replaced by Williams, Rooney and Klaassan. I could cry.

November 05, 2017, 06:37:16 PM
Reply #224

gizzblue

He's doing what he can to help the team and he expects the others to do the same and feed off what he produces.

If he was lazy, just here for the money, always moaning or unfit then maybe. But there's no reason to label him shite.
I think the other poster was saying he's been shite (as have the team)...not he is shite ...but sentimentality lends itself to being blind when he does have bad games imho.