November 23, 2017, 01:46:31 PM

Author Topic: [News]Blues make Dyche their number one target  (Read 4466 times)

November 02, 2017, 02:01:29 AM
Reply #30

Bluedylan

Actually think Allardyce was at least innovative when he was at Bolton.

His use of data / sports science gave him a usp which lifted them up the table.

I think most teams have caught up which is why his teamsí performances have slid back (a bit like Wenger with his dietary methods and more extensive scouting networks).

Iíve not come across anything re Dyche that lifts him beyond organisation.

Donít want either but Dyche is massively underwhelming and ultimately more short term than an Allardyce 6 month deal as heíd expect (rightly if weíre approching him) at least 3 year deal.

Yeah points taken. I think you could argue that we know Allardyce's ceiling, whereas we don't really know Dyche's at this point. He might step up to working with better players and greater resources and demonstrate a more progressive side. Ok, that's speculation on my part and a punt on the board's part, admittedly.

I've found myself arguing in support of Dyche when I don't want him either. I think I'm just relieved that it's not Allardyce tbh, which isn't a great starting point.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

deCoubertin

November 02, 2017, 02:04:31 AM
Reply #31

KoemansNumberTens

Well, why not? One thing is absolutely clear from our more recent experiences, you never know for sure how these appointments turn out. Some of the critical comment on here about Dyche seems (only seems)  to be based on him being very British (therefore no good), and comes from the despised little Burnley.  We might be pleasantly surprised, which would make a change from being unpleasantly surprised.

I think the reality is most of us know every little about most of the names. We want the unknown cos it might be fancy rather than something from Burnley. Like you said hiring managers is a lottery anyway. Past a handful you really don't know how it's gonna work out. I'm more than happy with defensive and pragmatic. People want to tell us that puts a ceiling on our potential but it didn't with mourinho or simeone. People are just being snobby

November 02, 2017, 02:05:31 AM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

We're down.

You seem to have lost your head a bit with all this managerial speculation. I'll remind you of this post when we finish 9th, 26 points adrift of the Top 6 and with a comfortably negative goal difference.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 02, 2017, 02:06:32 AM
Reply #33

KoemansNumberTens

Beg to differ. He is my worst choice. Firmly believe managers can only go so far, for example Moyes always had us in roughly 6th position, when he went to Utd 6th was his limit. Dyche in my eyes has a limit of 14th/15th downwards. Give him a year max, another year wasted and god knows how much he'll piss away on Championship players. Fuck!

Edit: just to clarify, he is my worse choice, Big Sam shouldn't even be mentioned.

You think his limit is 14th or 15th regardless? You think he'd manage city or Barca to them positions in their leagues. Sorry but that seems an utterly outlandish thing to say.

November 02, 2017, 02:20:19 AM
Reply #34

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It's easy to dismiss someone like dyche.

He's done an incredible job at Burnley on a very small budget. Even in the championship they were paupers compared to the teams above them. When he took over them they were looking down towards league one. So to take them from that to 7th in the premier league is a massive achievement.

One thing he's done very well is consistently replace strikers he's had to sell.

Sold Austin, got ings.

Sold ings, got gray.

Sold gray, got Chris wood.

Just thing this job would be a step too far for him. He needs to go to a stoke or west Brom before he can be considered for a job like us.

November 02, 2017, 02:21:01 AM
Reply #35

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah points taken. I think you could argue that we know Allardyce's ceiling, whereas we don't really know Dyche's at this point. He might step up to working with better players and greater resources and demonstrate a more progressive side. Ok, that's speculation on my part and a punt on the board's part, admittedly.

I've found myself arguing in support of Dyche when I don't want him either. I think I'm just relieved that it's not Allardyce tbh, which isn't a great starting point.

Ha quite.

But yeah I donít think thereís any growth for Allardyce and itís obviously unknown re Dyche.

Just would be massively underenthused.

November 02, 2017, 02:34:45 AM
Reply #36

Redartin

You think his limit is 14th or 15th regardless? You think he'd manage city or Barca to them positions in their leagues. Sorry but that seems an utterly outlandish thing to say.

He'd NEVER get near City or Barca unless as a spectator. They don't think small time.

To say City or Barca would let him manage is outlandish.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 02:36:11 AM by Redartin »
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

November 02, 2017, 02:37:46 AM
Reply #37

KoemansNumberTens

He'd NEVER get near City or Barca unless as a spectator. They don't think small time.

That's not what was said. His limit was 14th or 15th regardless was what was said. Managers limits aren't regardless. They are very much dependant on their squad and finances. I could manage city or barca to a top 4 finish. To suggest dyche or anyone is only capable of a certain placing is laughable.
It's just nonsense.

November 02, 2017, 02:42:39 AM
Reply #38

Redartin

That's not what was said. His limit was 14th or 15th regardless was what was said. Managers limits aren't regardless. They are very much dependant on their squad and finances. I could manage city or barca to a top 4 finish. To suggest dyche or anyone is only capable of a certain placing is laughable.
It's just nonsense.

Well, all I can say is time will tell, won't it?
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

November 02, 2017, 02:47:35 AM
Reply #39

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Actually think Allardyce was at least innovative when he was at Bolton.

His use of data / sports science gave him a usp which lifted them up the table.

I think most teams have caught up which is why his teamsí performances have slid back (a bit like Wenger with his dietary methods and more extensive scouting networks).

Iíve not come across anything re Dyche that lifts him beyond organisation.

Donít want either but Dyche is massively underwhelming and ultimately more short term than an Allardyce 6 month deal as heíd expect (rightly if weíre approching him) at least 3 year deal.

100% agree on some of what you say here. Wengers fitness work was light years ahead and heís now slid behind the likes of poch etc.

However, I think there IS method beyond organisation in what dyche does. Unless itís pure chance that he can sacrifice the amount of chances he does without conceding which I canít see. Squeezing angles seems really important, closing shots in vital areas outside the box (if anyone wants to find how many 25 yarders Burnley have conceded from within the width of the goal mouth Iíd be interested!). Makes me think (conjecture) that he can recognise threat and design a system to stop it. Someone will have to come up with something to stop cityís low drilled crosses and cut backs...maybe it will be him!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 02, 2017, 02:54:44 AM
Reply #40

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I look at the goal Burnley scored against us and wasn't it something like 40+ passes that dragged us from side to side, had us chasing shadows and then in with the sucker punch? I don't think he's as limited  as some think
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 02, 2017, 03:00:29 AM
Reply #41

Waltzer

One thing he's done very well is consistently replace strikers he's had to sell.

Sold Austin, got ings.

Sold ings, got gray.

Sold gray, got Chris wood.

Just thing this job would be a step too far for him. He needs to go to a stoke or west Brom before he can be considered for a job like us.
I tend to agree, also, whilst those replacements are good I think its slightly easier working in that market than where we want to be. I doubt he has many motivational issues as some of their players will be grateful for the chance he gave them, its different when your dealing with 'superstars' who have more options.  That doesn't mean he couldn't do it, but it's a different ballpark with regards to players, transfers and expectations and is his skillset and managerial style transferable?

November 02, 2017, 03:00:47 AM
Reply #42

Optimistic Blue

One thing I find encouraging about Shaun Dyche is that he seems to learn from his mistakes and improve. If you think Burnley got to the premiership as runners up, got relegated, get promoted as champions, survived with an abysmal away record, which he has already bettered this season.

He has also proven to have a decent record with strikers it seems after they sold Charlie Austin, who was replaced by Danny Ings who was replaced by Andre Gray, now he didn't buy all those and you can put it down to luck but he's managed to maintain a decent goalscorer throughout his time there despite obviously not having the Wonga.

I just think he has shown positive signs as a manager, unlike many flavour of the month championship managers like aidy boothroyd, Owen coyle, Paul Jewell, Malkie Mackay, Iain Dowie, Tony Mowbary, Billy Davies, Aitor Karanka, Brian McDermott or Paul Lambert who reached their ceiling and decline very very rapidly Dyche is still improving and learning lessons which says to be he at least has potential.

It's also easy to forget we are the worst team in the premiership by a country mile, the foundations of anything resembling a team has been destroyed by Ronald Koeman, now is not the time for tuchel to come in and start waxing German tiki taka philosophy on this shower or shite, we need some who can galvanise create a solid defence and motivate the team from someone who captained 4 sides to promotions in his playing career I think he's in with at least a shout x
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

November 02, 2017, 03:05:33 AM
Reply #43

dunkster

[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

November 02, 2017, 03:05:53 AM
Reply #44

Waltzer

I look at the goal Burnley scored against us and wasn't it something like 40+ passes that dragged us from side to side, had us chasing shadows and then in with the sucker punch? I don't think he's as limited  as some think
It was a good goal but that kind of compounds why I don't want him. They did that, we were terrible, looked lethargic and very little threat, but we still had 74% possession or something like that? As soon as they got the lead it was all backs to the wall route one dross, despite the fact we were there for the taking. You could argue they got the result but I personally want to be entertained a bit to.