November 18, 2017, 11:54:40 PM

Author Topic: [News]Blues make Dyche their number one target  (Read 4178 times)

November 02, 2017, 03:10:59 AM
Reply #45

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
It was a good goal but that kind of compounds why I don't want him. They did that, we were terrible, looked lethargic and very little threat, but we still had 74% possession or something like that? As soon as they got the lead it was all backs to the wall route one dross, despite the fact we were there for the taking. You could argue they got the result but I personally want to be entertained a bit to.

At the moment I'd take winning ugly over anything.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

deCoubertin

November 02, 2017, 03:11:46 AM
Reply #46

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Out of interest how did they play when they beat Chelsea? Was it back to the walls stuff for that and they just scored three counter attacking goals?

November 02, 2017, 03:12:29 AM
Reply #47

Waltzer

At the moment I'd take winning ugly over anything.
I agree, and if he'd come in until the end of the season id be all for it, I wouldn't want to sign up for 4 or 5 years of it though

November 02, 2017, 03:12:55 AM
Reply #48

bluenuck

Out of interest how did they play when they beat Chelsea? Was it back to the walls stuff for that and they just scored three counter attacking goals?

Pretty sure Chelsea had 2 reds. I think on was late though.

November 02, 2017, 03:15:47 AM
Reply #49

Waltzer

Tbh i have no idea, the stats say they had 38% and 5 shots on goal, but stats can be misleading

November 02, 2017, 03:16:17 AM
Reply #50

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

Be interesting to look at that, the Liverpool game and compare to the game against us

November 02, 2017, 03:16:46 AM
Reply #51

Waltzer

Cahill got sent off after 14 mins
Fabregas 81
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 03:18:35 AM by Waltzer »

November 02, 2017, 03:17:00 AM
Reply #52

sam of the south

Yeah, even in that game they only had 38% possession

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40835426
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 02, 2017, 03:18:24 AM
Reply #53

sam of the south

Be interesting to look at that, the Liverpool game and compare to the game against us

29% in the Shite game

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41210051
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 02, 2017, 03:20:00 AM
Reply #54

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, even in that game they only had 38% possession

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40835426

Just looked at that before you posted - 10 shots with 5 on target, 5 corners too with 38% possession

November 02, 2017, 03:21:52 AM
Reply #55

bluenuck

Just looked at that before you posted - 10 shots with 5 on target, 5 corners too with 38% possession

Pretty scary image though. the left is all the shots Liverpool had... The right is Burnley

November 02, 2017, 03:23:18 AM
Reply #56

KoemansNumberTens

Well, all I can say is time will tell, won't it?

No. It's a nonsense. He might only ever finish them positions but that wouldn't prove that was all he was capable of regardless. Least not unless he gets a variety of jobs and all different levels.
It just makes no sense to suggest that's his ceiling and the squads don't matter

November 02, 2017, 03:24:26 AM
Reply #57

Waltzer

Pretty scary image though. the left is all the shots Liverpool had... The right is Burnley

He's clearly getting results but when you are so happy to concede possession as they seem to be I think your asking for trouble. 

November 02, 2017, 03:28:11 AM
Reply #58

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I don't know the exact stats, but there was something I read a couple of weeks ago which basically suggested that Burnley had just been incredibly lucky to have done as well as they had so far this season.  Along the lines of they'd conceded a ridiculous amount of chances but a unusually low % had resulted in goals I think.

I'd definitely prefer Dyche to Allardyce mainly because Dyche can't yet be judged on anything other than the kind of managerial situation he's been in at Burnley.  I doubt it, but there is a chance that he could adapt his methods to suit what we'd be expecting of him.  With Allardyce though you know exactly what level of horrendous football you'd have to endure.  Also the fact that Allardyce is a massive bellend as opposed to Dyche only being a minor bellend (I've heard him whinging about the lack of credit he gets quite a bit over the last season or so - an Allardyce-esque personality trait for sure).

Would be really disappointed if we didn't have grander ambitions that Dyche though.

November 02, 2017, 03:28:41 AM
Reply #59

Bluedylan

Lads, Burnley should probably be in League One. They're 9th in the Prem. Of course they will park the bus at Anfield. It's a massive achievement for them to even be able to play in that game.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.