July 18, 2018, 02:04:59 PM

Author Topic: [News]Blues make Dyche their number one target  (Read 7844 times)

November 02, 2017, 03:00:29 AM
Read 7844 times

Waltzer

One thing he's done very well is consistently replace strikers he's had to sell.

Sold Austin, got ings.

Sold ings, got gray.

Sold gray, got Chris wood.

Just thing this job would be a step too far for him. He needs to go to a stoke or west Brom before he can be considered for a job like us.
I tend to agree, also, whilst those replacements are good I think its slightly easier working in that market than where we want to be. I doubt he has many motivational issues as some of their players will be grateful for the chance he gave them, its different when your dealing with 'superstars' who have more options.  That doesn't mean he couldn't do it, but it's a different ballpark with regards to players, transfers and expectations and is his skillset and managerial style transferable?

November 02, 2017, 03:05:53 AM
Reply #1

Waltzer

I look at the goal Burnley scored against us and wasn't it something like 40+ passes that dragged us from side to side, had us chasing shadows and then in with the sucker punch? I don't think he's as limited  as some think
It was a good goal but that kind of compounds why I don't want him. They did that, we were terrible, looked lethargic and very little threat, but we still had 74% possession or something like that? As soon as they got the lead it was all backs to the wall route one dross, despite the fact we were there for the taking. You could argue they got the result but I personally want to be entertained a bit to.

November 02, 2017, 03:12:29 AM
Reply #2

Waltzer

At the moment I'd take winning ugly over anything.
I agree, and if he'd come in until the end of the season id be all for it, I wouldn't want to sign up for 4 or 5 years of it though

November 02, 2017, 03:15:47 AM
Reply #3

Waltzer

Out of interest how did they play when they beat Chelsea? Was it back to the walls stuff for that and they just scored three counter attacking goals?
Tbh i have no idea, the stats say they had 38% and 5 shots on goal, but stats can be misleading

November 02, 2017, 03:16:46 AM
Reply #4

Waltzer

Pretty sure Chelsea had 2 reds. I think on was late though.
Cahill got sent off after 14 mins
Fabregas 81
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 03:18:35 AM by Waltzer »

November 02, 2017, 03:24:26 AM
Reply #5

Waltzer

Pretty scary image though. the left is all the shots Liverpool had... The right is Burnley

He's clearly getting results but when you are so happy to concede possession as they seem to be I think your asking for trouble. 

November 02, 2017, 03:33:40 AM
Reply #6

Waltzer

I think it's perfectly fair to lump him in with Allardyce.

Their football is identical. They're both good coaches for squeezing everything out of limited sides and having them punching slightly above their weight.

The difference is one's an unobjectionable normal bloke, one's an arrogant, corrupt bloke.
One of them is free and probably open to a short term contract, the other we would actually have to buy and would want a long contract.

November 02, 2017, 03:57:20 AM
Reply #7

Waltzer

Quick lets get Dyche signed, we've just been linked to Pardew and he's in to 14-1, id honestly consider defecting to the reds if we got him as manager!😣