June 16, 2019, 07:31:25 PM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 33756 times)

March 02, 2018, 10:13:52 PM
Reply #300

blue1948

Nah, whatís the point, would just mean a bigger pay out for him, we would become a four managers in one season club. Weíre not going to get relegated, weíre not going to qualify for Europe, just work hard on finding the right guy to sign close season.

We should have it sorted now ,if we haven't then that really is a problem .The question is should we start him now ,which will depend on who it is .

March 02, 2018, 10:15:25 PM
Reply #301

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Why would Unsworth accept the job having just been told he's not good enough ?
Prove people wrong?
Simply simply lovely

March 02, 2018, 10:18:37 PM
Reply #302

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

We should have it sorted now ,if we haven't then that really is a problem .The question is should we start him now ,which will depend on who it is .

I doubt very much that we have positively identified and agreed a contract with our next manager already, that would be quite difficult not knowing who may be available from the top shelf managers in Europe all of whom are still competing at the top of their leagues (hopefully this is The Cali really that we are looking for) so the question of whether to bring him in for the next match really isnít realistic.

March 02, 2018, 10:19:34 PM
Reply #303

Bluedylan

Why would Unsworth accept the job having just been told heís not good enough ?

Said it was his absolute dream job, massive point to prove, chance to demonstrate lessons learned.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 02, 2018, 10:25:03 PM
Reply #304

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Said it was his absolute dream job, massive point to prove, chance to demonstrate lessons learned.

Agree itís his dream job but he was told only months ago that he wasnít good enough plus by now he has definitely sussed that Moshiri is looking for a vanity appointment (hopefully this time with some coaching/managerial skills) I personally think he has too much pride.

March 02, 2018, 10:30:26 PM
Reply #305

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, Moshiri's wealth came in the form of shares as gifts from Usmanov. He's not independently wealthy in his own right as all he has ever been is Usmanov's bagman, so unless he liquidates his various holdings he's just a paper billionaire. 

Wish I was just a paper billionaire.

March 02, 2018, 10:35:50 PM
Reply #306

sirblue57

Wish I was just a paper billionaire.
I would settle for being a paper millionaire....not greedy me like.. :hmph:
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

March 02, 2018, 10:38:29 PM
Reply #307

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Prove people wrong?

Problem with that is he would only have maximum 10 games (if Allardyce were sacked tomorrow) to prove a point with a totally unbalanced squad, hardly fair on him.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:44:11 PM by Escla »

March 02, 2018, 11:16:47 PM
Reply #308

Evertonian in NC

The players would likely respond better to him now.  Would be so grateful to be rid of Gravy Boat.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 02, 2018, 11:34:56 PM
Reply #309

Lxxx

Why would Unsworth accept the job having just been told he’s not good enough ?

You could look at it as him being told he's not experienced enough, which would be a valid point and one which he'd probably agree with.

March 02, 2018, 11:37:49 PM
Reply #310

Lxxx

Problem with that is he would only have maximum 10 games (if Allardyce were sacked tomorrow) to prove a point with a totally unbalanced squad, hardly fair on him.

It's not so unbalanced now. We have proper left and right backs, a midfield three that works and Walcott and Sig look like decent options on the flanks. He wouldn't have to do much more than pick the same team most weeks from here on.

March 03, 2018, 11:15:29 AM
Reply #311

blue1948

I doubt very much that we have positively identified and agreed a contract with our next manager already, that would be quite difficult not knowing who may be available from the top shelf managers in Europe all of whom are still competing at the top of their leagues (hopefully this is The Cali really that we are looking for) so the question of whether to bring him in for the next match really isnít realistic.
Well nice of you to say the same as me in your own words ,as I never even suggested a contract would/should/could have been signed by now .Then again who gives a fuck about the real meaning Eh.

March 03, 2018, 11:37:49 AM
Reply #312

bluenuck

It's not so unbalanced now. We have proper left and right backs, a midfield three that works and Walcott and Sig look like decent options on the flanks. He wouldn't have to do much more than pick the same team most weeks from here on.

It would seem that easy. But this is Everton remember.

March 03, 2018, 01:03:39 PM
Reply #313

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Well nice of you to say the same as me in your own words ,as I never even suggested a contract would/should/could have been signed by now .Then again who gives a fuck about the real meaning Eh.

Eh ?....?

March 03, 2018, 02:16:52 PM
Reply #314

blue1948

Eh ?....?
Just re read your comment you reiterated what I said and then put words in my mouth about a contract being signed .