September 23, 2018, 02:16:40 AM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 22540 times)

March 03, 2018, 09:09:20 PM
Reply #330

Bluedylan

I'm totally fine with Moshiri personally. I don't expect him to get everything right and he's basically the only reason we've got hope for the future.

Teething problems were to be expected. Much sooner be in this position than having to sell a player every couple of seasons to keep the bank at bay.

He'll learn and get better.

If he gets Bramley Moore sorted (which I think he will) he'll have done more for the future of this club than almost anyone in our history.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 03, 2018, 09:14:27 PM
Reply #331

Lxxx

I'm totally fine with Moshiri personally. I don't expect him to get everything right and he's basically the only reason we've got hope for the future.

Teething problems were to be expected. Much sooner be in this position than having to sell a player every couple of seasons to keep the bank at bay.

If he gets Bramley Moore sorted (which I think he will) he'll have done more for the future of this club than almost anyone in our history.

If all we're judging him on is his ability to network his contacts in investment finance and leverage his relationship with one of the richest men in the world then that's a pretty low base to start from. Granted it's what we needed but if you're going to play at running a football club you need to show a little more nous than he has, we're two years in now, not an insignificant amount of time.

March 03, 2018, 09:29:31 PM
Reply #332

Macca77

He's made one mistake to many in my opinion, employing Allardyce was the final straw for me, he needs to act now and get the next appointment right

March 03, 2018, 09:31:33 PM
Reply #333

Ridge

I find it bizarre how people still think of him in normal terms.

Usmanov got Moshiri involved at Arsenal, if he'd got more shares, he'd have triggered a fit and proper test he would likely fail. Those funds were then fully used to buy us.

Usmanov made his money in steel and got into Arsenal because of new stadium association. That's why they are here.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:32:37 PM by Ridge »

March 03, 2018, 09:34:04 PM
Reply #334

Ridge

All recruitment is Walsh, Allardyce included, he's done superb to last as long as he has.

March 03, 2018, 09:35:28 PM
Reply #335

Major Clanger

Yeh everything about him being an accountant is at odds with how he conducts himself.

Yeah, that's the weird thing about him. I wasn't expecting much from him when he came in, but the one thing I did was that he's going to run a financially tight ship, with little to no money wasted on follies.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 03, 2018, 09:44:08 PM
Reply #336

Bluedylan

Football's not a normal business though. So many variables and intangibles that it's very difficult to model.

March 03, 2018, 09:45:43 PM
Reply #337

Bluedylan

If all we're judging him on is his ability to network his contacts in investment finance and leverage his relationship with one of the richest men in the world then that's a pretty low base to start from. Granted it's what we needed but if you're going to play at running a football club you need to show a little more nous than he has, we're two years in now, not an insignificant amount of time.

True but it's still massively preferable to the alternative imo.
Just needs to make the right appointment once and we should take off.

March 03, 2018, 09:51:14 PM
Reply #338

Ridge

Depends how quickly you need to get rid of money

March 03, 2018, 10:16:37 PM
Reply #339

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
True but it's still massively preferable to the alternative imo.
Just needs to make the right appointment once and we should take off.

Football is full of people making wrong appointments.

Spurs are quoted a a shining example but they went through managers and / or players like there was no tomorrow for years.

March 03, 2018, 10:22:17 PM
Reply #340

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Depends how quickly you need to get rid of money
Transactions related to his investment will have been subjected to exceptional high levels of scrutiny, you canít launder money in such high profile deals.

March 03, 2018, 10:30:18 PM
Reply #341

blue1948

Yeah, that's the weird thing about him. I wasn't expecting much from him when he came in, but the one thing I did was that he's going to run a financially tight ship, with little to no money wasted on follies.
It is a bit like meeting the love of your life ,who knows how it pans out .

March 03, 2018, 10:44:41 PM
Reply #342

Ridge

Transactions related to his investment will have been subjected to exceptional high levels of scrutiny, you canít launder money in such high profile deals.

The purchase of the club, would have been heavily scrutinised.

Buying players would not.

March 03, 2018, 10:44:56 PM
Reply #343

toffee_scot

We've basically turned into QPR.

Goodison Park Rangers

March 03, 2018, 10:45:33 PM
Reply #344

Macca77