September 25, 2018, 12:38:50 PM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 22653 times)

March 03, 2018, 10:49:22 PM
Reply #345

Bluedylan

We're nothing like QPR
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 03, 2018, 10:59:45 PM
Reply #346

Lxxx

We're nothing like QPR

It's the obvious comparison in recent years though. Billionaire wants in on the football circus and loses huge sums of money making wrong decision after wrong decision and watches the football team go backwards and slide down the league.

Fernandes was full of talk of a new stadium when he arrived but they're still in the old wooden shed they had when he arrived such was their decline on the pitch. We can't just assume having lots of money will enable us to make bad decision after bad decision until we finally stumble on a good one.

March 03, 2018, 11:15:58 PM
Reply #347

Bluedylan

It's the obvious comparison in recent years though. Billionaire wants in on the football circus and loses huge sums of money making wrong decision after wrong decision and watches the football team go backwards and slide down the league.

Fernandes was full of talk of a new stadium when he arrived but they're still in the old wooden shed they had when he arrived such was their decline on the pitch. We can't just assume having lots of money will enable us to make bad decision after bad decision until we finally stumble on a good one.

The stadium's happening. It's just complicated. He's nothing like Fernandes. He's ploughed money in, appointed a manager most of us wanted, got the training ground sponsored, got extra finance from a Chinese investor, got rid of the debt.

I think it's a silly comparison.

March 03, 2018, 11:22:39 PM
Reply #348

van der Meyde

Randy Lerner would be more apt.

March 03, 2018, 11:23:27 PM
Reply #349

Lxxx

The stadium's happening. It's just complicated. He's nothing like Fernandes. He's ploughed money in, appointed a manager most of us wanted, got the training ground sponsored, got extra finance from a Chinese investor, got rid of the debt.

It's a lazy one, not necessarily accurate but it's still the most obvious one to make in recent seasons. I think it's aimed more at the apparent clueless nature of our majority shareholder than any genuine like for like of the two clubs. 

We really need a completely new approach this summer, with a strategy being decided upon and then we appoint and recruit against that from here on in, rather than the impulsive way we've approached things since the takeover.

March 03, 2018, 11:41:51 PM
Reply #350

Gash

Global Moderator
Off the field everything's going in a good direction. On the field and recruitment there's a bit of a wiff of the Tony Fernandes about things.

March 03, 2018, 11:43:46 PM
Reply #351

Bluedylan

It's a lazy one, not necessarily accurate but it's still the most obvious one to make in recent seasons. I think it's aimed more at the apparent clueless nature of our majority shareholder than any genuine like for like of the two clubs. 

We really need a completely new approach this summer, with a strategy being decided upon and then we appoint and recruit against that from here on in, rather than the impulsive way we've approached things since the takeover.

I get what you're saying and I'm certainly not having a pop cos I agree with the vast majority of what you say.

But Moshiri is anything but clueless. Yes he's made mistakes but it's a very difficult thing we're trying to do. Fernandes and the Venkies are clueless.

Moshiri has got rid of our debt immediately. He appointed Koeman (who most of us were very happy with), backed him big time with money, secured finance beyond our wildest dreams previously. He also could've taken the easy option with the ground and gone for Croxteth but instead he's gone for an incredibly complicated, intricate, innovative ground that will make a massive impression and difference to our club. He's built relationships with the council which are crucial and which we'd previously fucked up. There's no way he'd have bought the Liver buildings if Bramley Moore wasn't happening imo.

He's not taking the short cuts or the easy options. He needs to make better decisions in relation to on pitch stuff, no doubt, but that's difficult for every club and he will get that right.

I get that we're all pissed off with things over the last few years but Moshiri is still our massive difference maker and Evertonians should be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

He's our ticket to a much brighter future. There was always going to be a few bumps in the road. Anyone who thought otherwise, just wasn't being realistic.

March 03, 2018, 11:44:47 PM
Reply #352

Major Clanger

Fernandes put a lot of money in too.

And just like Moshiri, he stopped being a rock-hard businessman and started acting like an idiotic fanboy when it comes to football matters.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 04, 2018, 12:19:54 AM
Reply #353

KoemansNumberTens

I get what you're saying and I'm certainly not having a pop cos I agree with the vast majority of what you say.

But Moshiri is anything but clueless. Yes he's made mistakes but it's a very difficult thing we're trying to do. Fernandes and the Venkies are clueless.

Moshiri has got rid of our debt immediately. He appointed Koeman (who most of us were very happy with), backed him big time with money, secured finance beyond our wildest dreams previously. He also could've taken the easy option with the ground and gone for Croxteth but instead he's gone for an incredibly complicated, intricate, innovative ground that will make a massive impression and difference to our club. He's built relationships with the council which are crucial and which we'd previously fucked up. There's no way he'd have bought the Liver buildings if Bramley Moore wasn't happening imo.

He's not taking the short cuts or the easy options. He needs to make better decisions in relation to on pitch stuff, no doubt, but that's difficult for every club and he will get that right.

I get that we're all pissed off with things over the last few years but Moshiri is still our massive difference maker and Evertonians should be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

He's our ticket to a much brighter future. There was always going to be a few bumps in the road. Anyone who thought otherwise, just wasn't being realistic.

I don't think the issue is koeman or even Walsh or allardyce in terms of what makes him clueless. It's more that it appears to be a free for all as to who does what. No one appears to be assessing value of players. Everyone appears to have some players they are responsible for have signed and some they aren't

Everyone makes bad appointments but we've got to get the roles defined. We've got to assess value too. It just appeared we were more determined to show our strength in the market than make signings at reasonable value. We need some proper structure and some common sense

March 04, 2018, 12:20:01 AM
Reply #354

Ridge

The main difference with Moshiri and others mentioned, is more money.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 12:21:46 AM by Ridge »

March 04, 2018, 12:33:55 AM
Reply #355

Ridge

Although saying that, I read the other day that Venky's have been wasting one of the worlds most important antibiotics, on their chickens.  shakeyheadman

March 04, 2018, 12:42:52 AM
Reply #356

winny5366

Great Post!!

March 04, 2018, 01:53:43 AM
Reply #357

toffee_scot

For me, the QPR comparisons come more from the football strategy side.

If you go back to the 2012/13 season when they finished 20th, they had a squad with a lot of players with good Premier League pedigree which they signed like Ji Sung Park, Chris Samba, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Jose Bosingwa, Robert Green, Jermaine Jenas plus they had spent big (for that time) on Esteban Granero from Real Madrid and Loic Remy. On paper QPR looked like they had a good bunch of players...

But the reality was their transfer policy was scattergun based largely on the availability of players without thinking of a system to play and they tried to pick up quite a few freebies like Joey Barton, Kieron Dyer, Ryan Nelsen, Andy Johnson, Julio Cesar, Tal Ben Haim. There were big issues with discipline, lack of professionalism and obviously those players who might have done well before at Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Man City looked crap on the field.

Check some of the wages players like Bobby Zamora, Chris Samba, Ji-Sung Park and Joey Barton were on: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2316528/QPR-signed-25-players-years-relegated--heres-fared.html

I just fear that Everton are following a similar misguided path in footballing matters. It's great that Moshiri has improved massively our finances, commercial deals and is making great progress on the stadium front, but the footballing side carries the most weight - if we fuck this up on the scale that QPR did then should we find ourselves relegated, then our revenue will drop and commercially we will be seen as a less attractive option and goodness knows how that will impact raising funds for the new stadium.

March 04, 2018, 02:01:08 AM
Reply #358

MmmblueBernard

Anyway.

I hope Moshiri shows a pair and sacks Allardyce asap.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 04, 2018, 02:33:22 AM
Reply #359

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, what’s the point, would just mean a bigger pay out for him, we would become a four managers in one season club. We’re not going to get relegated, we’re not going to qualify for Europe, just work hard on finding the right guy to sign close season.

I would worry that more disruption could send us into MORE disarray also, which would be terrifying
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.