October 18, 2018, 07:29:44 AM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 25026 times)

November 02, 2017, 03:19:59 AM
Read 25026 times

bluenuck

Well the reason we were linked with Sissoko was because Moshiri was "desperate" to make a marquee signing and spend 30m on one player. He didn't seem to care who it was apparently, he just wanted to make a statement.

Source?

November 02, 2017, 03:41:37 AM
Reply #1

bluenuck

Not the best way of thinking when buying players

How do we know he was thinking this??

November 07, 2017, 11:17:54 PM
Reply #2

bluenuck

Anyone have the quote from Moshiri about Simeone? Or where he said it?

November 07, 2017, 11:25:11 PM
Reply #3

bluenuck

Someone tweeted that Moshiri admired Simeone and from there it took on a life of its own.

Seriously?

That's where this whole panic is coming from? Can't be.

November 07, 2017, 11:28:15 PM
Reply #4

bluenuck

Headline news on Sky Sports

No quotes from Moshiri. Just speculation that Simeone is our number 1 target.

November 07, 2017, 11:34:17 PM
Reply #5

bluenuck

No quotes whatsoever from anyone other than Sky Sports news "understand" that he is one of four candidates that Everton are interested in and that they have held talks with Allardyce.

lol

Alright then, nothing more to really talk about.

November 09, 2017, 03:22:41 AM
Reply #6

bluenuck

There is a lot of 'leave Britney alone' in this thread

Just looking for quotes, facts, and sources for how people are forming an opinion, or for the stories they're telling like reply #7.

Don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Still looking for where he got that from.

November 09, 2017, 04:43:29 AM
Reply #7

bluenuck

I think it's a better place if most opinions are left open, especially when there is limited info. There are a few people who will disagree like they are judge on a panel show, without either engaging the point itself or providing any evidence that contradicts.

It's all well and good shouting for evidence, provide some. If there is none then it's all opinions anyway, so why are some so adamant in first place.

Wasn't specifically aim at yourself or anyone in particular, just seemed a lot of dramatic offence. Understanding things is the point, it can go into unpopular territory, but sometimes its the truth that's the most unpopular.

fair enough.

But some replies like Reply #7 in this thread do not read like an opinion. It reads as fact. Which is absurd.

People melting down yesterday because there were reports, only reports, about us having a shortlist of 4 coaches with Simeone at the top was hilarious. The 2+2=7 crowd was in full on melt down mode.

Some times when I go on the internet I'm not surprised to know that Donald Trump is President.

November 09, 2017, 05:12:37 AM
Reply #8

bluenuck

"apparently"

Do you mean a different number? otherwise not sure what set of eyes you're reading it with to see that as fact.

Oh c'mon. You're really gonna go with that?  lol

The reply fully makes it sound as fact that Moshiri wanted to make a statement and blow 30 million. And that it didn't matter what player, "apparently", it was. The player...

How do we know he wanted to make a statement? How do we not know that it wasn't Koeman or Walsh that really wanted Sissoko? Or someone else who wanted him? How do we know anything about this?

Anyways, This is splitting hairs. Opinions are fine. It's when people start coming up with absolute BS from nothing that really makes me cringe. Funny thing is, is that winning will make all this go away.

November 24, 2017, 11:27:26 PM
Reply #9

bluenuck

Makes a statement about us finding a new manager. People are pissed.

Doesn't make a statement about finding a new manager for a month. People are pissed.

I've come to terms that some of you lot will never be happy, will you? We could win a treble and people would still complain how we celebrated or something.

November 24, 2017, 11:32:29 PM
Reply #10

bluenuck

Surely people just wanted us to find a new manager weeks ago.

See!!

You just can't stop, can you?  :P

November 26, 2017, 01:09:39 AM
Reply #11

bluenuck

It's a shame that Moshiri hasn't been given even half the slack Kenwright has had. Moshiri has put more investment into our club in just over one year than Bill and the rest of them put in, in over sixteen years. Yes he's made mistakes but didn't the previous regime ? Three failed ground moves for a start.

We're in an instant gratification era. With everything. Not just sports. If anything people are going to get less patient.

It's all a bit mental. People believing every short list they see, or every rumour they read, or some random guy on Twitter telling a story about Schniederlin. It's on the internet so it must be true...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 02:29:44 AM by bluenuck »

November 26, 2017, 01:15:16 AM
Reply #12

bluenuck

The fact we don't know is the point. I've never liked the smug git. Sooner we have a clear out of the board members the better

You don't even know what he does but you want him fired??

Wtf?

November 26, 2017, 01:55:35 AM
Reply #13

bluenuck

Don't think Elstone was appointed last year.  Or is he not on the board?

sweet Jesus.

He's our CEO. Was appointed to the board last year.

This is pure speculation by me, but I don't think he has anything to do with the on field product. He's more on the business side of things.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 01:57:53 AM by bluenuck »

November 26, 2017, 03:45:08 AM
Reply #14

bluenuck

Can anyone actually give a valid reason why Elstone is shite?