November 23, 2017, 12:45:30 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Watford  (Read 9607 times)

November 04, 2017, 12:08:16 AM
Reply #45

ynotd

How are we gonna win a game when we struggle to get shots on target nevermind goals?

2-0 Watford

November 04, 2017, 12:13:56 AM
Reply #46

BlueForYou

Don't worry, we won't approach Pearson, let alone appoint him - we'll play it nice and soft
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 04, 2017, 12:17:34 AM
Reply #47

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Don't worry, we won't approach Pearson, let alone appoint him - we'll play it nice and soft
No we won't
Not cos we are playing it nice and soft tho, because pearson is an utter fruit

Simply simply lovely

November 04, 2017, 12:32:01 AM
Reply #48

Evertonian in NC

We need to turn Goodison into a bear pit this season. 

I want us to be hated.  I want teams - and fans - to fear coming to Goodison because we're a gang of bastards.  I want dads saying "No son, I'm not taking you to Everton again, not after last time" after this season.  The fannies. 

I want it to hurt teams to beat us.  Yeah, you might go away with three points, but you'll need to borrow one of our physios to help you all onto the coach.  I want that type of Everton back.

I want away fans to be kept in at the end for their safety.  I want them to miss their trains and hate us.  I want their coach drivers to charge them overtime.  I want their fan clubs to lose their deposits on the coach hire.  I want it to be an absolute pain in the balls to come to Everton.

Because it is for us.  So it better had be for everyone else as well.

The Spirit of Mo Besic Compels You!!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 04, 2017, 12:41:41 AM
Reply #49

BlueForYou

Utter fruit?

I knew that the mention of Pearson would drive you lot bananas!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 04, 2017, 12:48:44 AM
Reply #50

Gash

Global Moderator
Lose or draw and I'm ridin shotgun.

That'll probably be his first.

Oh sorry, you said shotgun.

November 04, 2017, 01:08:02 AM
Reply #51

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I've still got faith Sandro will come good.  He needs to play as the wide forward though.  Him, Rooney and Lookman upfront please.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

November 04, 2017, 01:20:00 AM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is it blasphemous to want Gana on the bench, at least for a little while? He lacks the positional discipline to play as a lone DM and he ruins attacks when he has license to get forward.

Baningime has shown him up these past three matches. Sits in his area, mops up, maybe dribbles past a man to buy us time, lays the ball off simply, goes back to his area. That's what we need at DM. At the other positions, we need more attack-minded midfielders, like Davies, Sigurdsson, or Klaassen, because our forward players aren't scoring goals if they're isolated (they may not any way, but they’re definitely not if nobody is getting close to them).

No I think it’s fair.

One conservative DM with two attack minded players who can get through plenty of work like Davies, Klaassen and sig. MAYBE even rooney, I mean I dunno it probably wouldn’t work but let him range from cm rather than drop from st..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 04, 2017, 01:22:01 AM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I've still got faith Sandro will come good.  He needs to play as the wide forward though.  Him, Rooney and Lookman upfront please.

I actually like Sandro I just think he looked like he hadn’t settled and nothing was coming off, trying everything 100 miles an hour. Still have faith in him and Klaassen to eventually come good.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 04, 2017, 01:56:48 AM
Reply #54

kramer0

I think Sandro needs another chance, just not as a striker. When he's played, he's looked like he has zero desire to get into the penalty area. Obviously, we're a bit of a mess and Koeman's "plans" didn't flatter him, but that's still disturbing. Especially given this, from before the season:

https://differentgame.wordpress.com/2017/07/04/the-data-scout-sandro-ramirez/

Like others have said, it seems like he's better suited to being a wide forward, especially since we can really use someone who can pass into the box.

I think Rooney is the best player in the CF role for the time being. He's good for possession purposes and, despite having lost it physically, he still has the best penalty box instincts of anyone at the club.

Edit: I still don't know why we didn't go for any of Iheanacho, Abraham, Haller, or Mounie. Four reasonably good fits that moved this summer. Even someone like Giovanni Simeone or Duvan Zapata would have been interesting. Getting this close on Giroud doesn't excuse any of it. It stinks.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:04:14 AM by kramer0 »

November 04, 2017, 02:14:27 AM
Reply #55

hill135

Sandro looks like absolute tat to me. Could barely control the ball. His small price tag is saving him from being a bigger flop than klaasen

November 04, 2017, 02:21:52 AM
Reply #56

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sandro looks like absolute tat to me. Could barely control the ball. His small price tag is saving him from being a bigger flop than klaasen

Hard to argue against to be honest, I just think they are both better than we’ve seen.

Imagine if you’d only seen Davies this year you’d be like this guy is bang average.

November 04, 2017, 02:32:07 AM
Reply #57

kramer0

The ball control is admittedly disturbing. Maybe even more disturbing than his resistance to the penalty area.

I think Klaassen has something to give but I'm having a hard time advocating for him right now because he doesn't look to get on the ball at all and we don't have room for passengers. He's sort of like Muller in the way he roams around the pitch looking for space (or looking to create space for his teammates), except he doesn't have anywhere near the athleticism or influence on the game. With that said, he played a big role in creating space for Rooney's goal against Stoke and contributed directly to a few of our goals during Europa qualification, so maybe we need to be a bit bolder about using him given how ineffective our attack is right now.

November 04, 2017, 02:36:31 AM
Reply #58

Evertonian in NC

I think this would bring out the best in both Rooney and Sandro (plus give me a reason to wear my #9 shirt, ha) - perhaps if Rhino tells him he is counting on him to stay in position to help out a struggling young lad in Sandro it will break through?  A disciplined Rooney could be well dangerous, since it allows us to play Sigurdsson and still have Wayne's "magic moment" potential.

Plus, you need to have Lookman running around and stirring things up.  Good shout.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 04, 2017, 03:03:20 AM
Reply #59

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
             Beni

Sigurdsson  klaassen

Sandro rooney Lookman