November 15, 2018, 10:31:44 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Watford  (Read 22308 times)

November 04, 2017, 04:17:57 PM
Reply #75

Ross

Pickford

Lennon                        Jagielka                      Baines

Baningime                  Besic

Lookman                   Sigurdsson                     Vlasic

Rooney                     Sandro

I've gone full-on Toddacelli for this one. Go hard or go home or go mad then go home or go full fucking mad and then you can never go back anywhere, home or otherwise.

I want to see us score goalS - fucking PLURAL man!

Instead of Z cars they could play the Heigh Ho song to walk out to to.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 04, 2017, 04:31:37 PM
Reply #76

Rodenplav64

First time Unsworth has had the crowd behind him . I think they will appreciate an attacking formation but the worry is Watford are actually quite pacy . Think the game will open up a bit and we would definitely be better suited playing Vlasic and Lookman further up the pitch than they have been . Can understand Unsworth trying to keep it tight in the first half of his games so far but they have all been away and that will not sit well with the crowd at home . Going for 3-2 here in a bit of a nerve shredder .

November 04, 2017, 04:35:51 PM
Reply #77

Rodenplav64

No I think it’s fair.

One conservative DM with two attack minded players who can get through plenty of work like Davies, Klaassen and sig. MAYBE even rooney, I mean I dunno it probably wouldn’t work but let him range from cm rather than drop from st..

It is a very good point but I think Gueye is the one who has suffered most from not having a more creative midfielder around him.  He is being asked to do far too much to maintain much discipline . Been impressed with Beningimes discipline so far but they will both suffer with no real forward outlet .

November 04, 2017, 04:41:58 PM
Reply #78

Toddacelli

Lead out the tunnel by Jim White

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 04, 2017, 04:51:17 PM
Reply #79

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Or "Things can only get better"

November 04, 2017, 04:59:55 PM
Reply #80

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
First time Unsworth has had the crowd behind him . I think they will appreciate an attacking formation but the worry is Watford are actually quite pacy . Think the game will open up a bit and we would definitely be better suited playing Vlasic and Lookman further up the pitch than they have been . Can understand Unsworth trying to keep it tight in the first half of his games so far but they have all been away and that will not sit well with the crowd at home . Going for 3-2 here in a bit of a nerve shredder .

One thing opening the game up if youíve got a guarantee of goals when itís your turn to attack.

As we saw vs Leicester, which wasnít a keep it tight selection at all, that if you go behind any confidence is obliterated.

The crowd might not like it, but we should very much be keeping it tight for a good hour.

Can you really see 3 goals from us at the moment?

Thatís part of the problem. Psychologically, if we go 0-1 down scoring 2 to win the game feels like a mountain.

The crowd will be behind the team if itís obvious the team is being aggressive in winning the ball back; doesnít look like conceding with each opposition attack etc.

Of course Iíd expect more attacking players than Thursday; but equally just playing Rooney and dropping Sigurdsson to one of the midfield slots would still be solid but offer 4 attacking players too.

November 04, 2017, 05:12:42 PM
Reply #81

ally2

I want to see Sandro and I still rate him. Inside right is perfect for him and us right now. I'm also looking forward to seeing the back of Unsworth to be completely honest. His complete rejection of players other then British ones that 'like to get stuck in' is nauseating. I'm looking forward to seeing the exploitation of the talent that certainly exists in our squad. And that doesn't include Aaron Lennon who has proven track record of achieving F all on a football pitch.

November 04, 2017, 06:00:25 PM
Reply #82

eyesalwaysblue

Whatever the line up i hope Unsworth sets out with a similar plan as Lyon, even though it went Pete Tongue we looked like we had some sort of plan and shape for the first time in yonks, it's wether Rooney can stick to a single task that's one of the problems we have as he gets in others way wandering about and spoils things, he needs to stay up there being the only real finisher we have,at 31 he needs to work smarter.

I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 04, 2017, 06:12:24 PM
Reply #83

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Whatever the line up i hope Unsworth sets out with a similar plan as Lyon, even though it went Pete Tongue we looked like we had some sort of plan and shape for the first time in yonks, it's wether Rooney can stick to a single task that's one of the problems we have as he gets in others way wandering about and spoils things, he needs to stay up there being the only real finisher we have,at 31 he needs to work smarter.

Well Chelsea second half was the best we have played and he was playing then.

November 04, 2017, 07:03:18 PM
Reply #84

Evertonian in NC

Or "Things can only get better"

Cloud Nothings, "Wasted Days"

(shouted refrain - "I thought I would be more than this")
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 04, 2017, 07:05:54 PM
Reply #85

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell, brap has gone all Kevin Keegan on us

I will love it if we...donít get smashed at home again.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 04, 2017, 07:39:23 PM
Reply #86

everton1952

Unsworth said he is looking forward to having the home crowd fully behind the team. I hope he gets it and despite our awful performances so far we need to put behind us the terrible atmosphere at previous home games. I think the crowd will get behind the team from the start. What would happen if Watford score first l would not like to guess. 

November 04, 2017, 07:53:57 PM
Reply #87

Evertonian in NC

It's almost surely Rhino's last match in charge, surely the home crowd can give him a nice sendoff.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 04, 2017, 08:42:36 PM
Reply #88

Rodenplav64

One thing opening the game up if you’ve got a guarantee of goals when it’s your turn to attack.

As we saw vs Leicester, which wasn’t a keep it tight selection at all, that if you go behind any confidence is obliterated.

The crowd might not like it, but we should very much be keeping it tight for a good hour.

Can you really see 3 goals from us at the moment?

That’s part of the problem. Psychologically, if we go 0-1 down scoring 2 to win the game feels like a mountain.

The crowd will be behind the team if it’s obvious the team is being aggressive in winning the ball back; doesn’t look like conceding with each opposition attack etc.

Of course I’d expect more attacking players than Thursday; but equally just playing Rooney and dropping Sigurdsson to one of the midfield slots would still be solid but offer 4 attacking players too.

Leicester just sat back and hit us on the break but I still think despite the selections he was intent on keeping it tight . I think Watford will go for the win and open the game up from the start which is how they have played this season . I disagree the crowd will be fine with 0-0 at half time against Watford . Maybe 3 is optimistic but we need to be .

November 04, 2017, 08:47:47 PM
Reply #89

Evertonian in NC

There's Leicester, looking like poo again v. Stoke.

/mandatory "Mark Hughes is a cunt"