December 10, 2019, 05:04:44 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Watford  (Read 35914 times)

November 03, 2017, 02:01:15 PM
Read 35914 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dreading this, think we’re going to get absolutely mullered.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 03, 2017, 06:29:33 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
4-3-3 is the only way to go now.....

Pickford

Keane          Jagielka
Kenny                                                  Baines

Gueye       Beni
                              Davies

Vlasic        Rooney        Mirallas

Wouldn’t complain with this.

Isn’t Gueye banned after arsenal or is that resolved?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 03, 2017, 09:04:34 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
So is Gueye banned or did he serve hat against Leicester?

Am I getting mixed up here, I think I might be.

November 03, 2017, 09:31:46 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I want Beni as the deepest DM I think. He looks press resistant, can pass a bit.

Or maybe Gana to stop him being so involved final third.

I also want us to buy Carvalho in jan as our DLP.

November 04, 2017, 01:20:00 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is it blasphemous to want Gana on the bench, at least for a little while? He lacks the positional discipline to play as a lone DM and he ruins attacks when he has license to get forward.

Baningime has shown him up these past three matches. Sits in his area, mops up, maybe dribbles past a man to buy us time, lays the ball off simply, goes back to his area. That's what we need at DM. At the other positions, we need more attack-minded midfielders, like Davies, Sigurdsson, or Klaassen, because our forward players aren't scoring goals if they're isolated (they may not any way, but they’re definitely not if nobody is getting close to them).

No I think it’s fair.

One conservative DM with two attack minded players who can get through plenty of work like Davies, Klaassen and sig. MAYBE even rooney, I mean I dunno it probably wouldn’t work but let him range from cm rather than drop from st..

November 04, 2017, 01:22:01 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I've still got faith Sandro will come good.  He needs to play as the wide forward though.  Him, Rooney and Lookman upfront please.

I actually like Sandro I just think he looked like he hadn’t settled and nothing was coming off, trying everything 100 miles an hour. Still have faith in him and Klaassen to eventually come good.

November 04, 2017, 02:21:52 AM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sandro looks like absolute tat to me. Could barely control the ball. His small price tag is saving him from being a bigger flop than klaasen

Hard to argue against to be honest, I just think they are both better than we’ve seen.

Imagine if you’d only seen Davies this year you’d be like this guy is bang average.

November 04, 2017, 03:03:20 AM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
             Beni

Sigurdsson  klaassen

Sandro rooney Lookman

November 04, 2017, 03:29:59 AM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I know it's crazy after all the complaining I've done about how they should never be on the pitch together, but there's now a small part of me that wants to see that Klaassen-Sigurdsson-Rooney triangle in a 4-3-3 structure that might actually support it. Like in the second half of the Chelsea match.

Yeah definitely same. It’s surely he best case scenario isn’t it, they click and you suddenly have 3 nice short passers with great technique and an eye for goal, who are all aggressive in the tackle and hard workers within their own physical abilities.

The smart, triggered pressing without overt pace that @GLewis was talking about.

November 04, 2017, 03:40:57 AM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We knew that we needed more goals from midfield this summer.

We've almost certainly shot ourselves in the foot by regularly playing Gana in one of the midfield slots we need goals from.

Maybe the thought was - god these guys aren’t gelling, we need to be able to semi rely on that area while they get used to one another, and Gana might not be the most creative but he gives you energy and pressing and he’s not TERRIBLE on the ball we just need more.

November 04, 2017, 07:05:54 PM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell, brap has gone all Kevin Keegan on us

I will love it if we...don’t get smashed at home again.

November 05, 2017, 06:03:13 PM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Right, I’ve heard the call of everton come riding on the (green? Breeze?) and a last minute ticket is sorted.

Let’s remind the league who we are starting today, starting now, starting in the pubs of county road and the streets of Liverpool city centre. Get the ale in and get behind them, up the fucking blues.

November 05, 2017, 08:42:16 PM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wasn't his selection wrong last week as well?

He’s a well known wind up merchant, I think he’s really funny

November 05, 2017, 09:31:52 PM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Well I can’t tell how they’re going to line up with that selection. Any ideas?

November 06, 2017, 01:01:59 AM
Reply #14

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck me we needed that.

Not a great deal different to every other game this year, Swiss cheese defence and terrible midfield passing, but we got the Rub of the green and chest thumped our way to 3 desperately needed points.