August 19, 2019, 01:59:01 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Watford  (Read 30095 times)

November 03, 2017, 04:03:36 PM
Read 30095 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be well on board the Panic Express if we lose this one. In fact, I'll be driving the fucker to the end of the line.

We’ve shown that when set up correctly we can be solid.

The real wobbles have been when we’ve tried to be “Everton” and forgotten that we’re in a terrible run of form and the defence needs to be good for 5/6/7 games etc before worrying about showing that we “get what the fans want”.

If Unsy gets this wrong again on Sunday we’ll lose but a new manager should recognise this so I wouldn’t panic yet.

Well unless we don’t make an appointment / make a terrible one...

;)

November 03, 2017, 09:19:39 PM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
So is Gueye banned or did he serve hat against Leicester?

Am I getting mixed up here, I think I might be.

No he was banned vs Chelsea.

He played, well he was selected at least, against Leicester...

November 03, 2017, 11:07:01 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Is it really blasphemous to want Gana on the bench, at least for a little while? He lacks the positional discipline to play as a lone DM and he ruins attacks when he has license to get forward.

Baningime has shown him up these past three matches. Sits in his area, mops up, maybe dribbles past a man to buy us time, lays the ball off simply, goes back to his area. That's what we need at DM. At the other positions, we need more attack-minded midfielders, like Davies, Sigurdsson, or Klaassen, because our forward players aren't scoring goals if they're isolated (they may not any way, but they’re definitely not if nobody is getting close to them).

I agree with this but might have to wait until we’re more confident and able to express ourselves more.

If next 5 games see three 0-0s and two 1-0 wins then great.

Definitely need one more attacking midfielder in there from yesterday. For home games at least.

November 04, 2017, 01:11:35 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Beni is the only one of that midfield at the moment who actually deserves a starting place

Thankfully he is a genuine sitting DM.

November 04, 2017, 01:12:05 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell, brap has gone all Kevin Keegan on us

Should be able to play this at home vs a Watford but too out of form at the moment.

November 04, 2017, 04:59:55 PM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
First time Unsworth has had the crowd behind him . I think they will appreciate an attacking formation but the worry is Watford are actually quite pacy . Think the game will open up a bit and we would definitely be better suited playing Vlasic and Lookman further up the pitch than they have been . Can understand Unsworth trying to keep it tight in the first half of his games so far but they have all been away and that will not sit well with the crowd at home . Going for 3-2 here in a bit of a nerve shredder .

One thing opening the game up if you’ve got a guarantee of goals when it’s your turn to attack.

As we saw vs Leicester, which wasn’t a keep it tight selection at all, that if you go behind any confidence is obliterated.

The crowd might not like it, but we should very much be keeping it tight for a good hour.

Can you really see 3 goals from us at the moment?

That’s part of the problem. Psychologically, if we go 0-1 down scoring 2 to win the game feels like a mountain.

The crowd will be behind the team if it’s obvious the team is being aggressive in winning the ball back; doesn’t look like conceding with each opposition attack etc.

Of course I’d expect more attacking players than Thursday; but equally just playing Rooney and dropping Sigurdsson to one of the midfield slots would still be solid but offer 4 attacking players too.

November 04, 2017, 06:12:24 PM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Whatever the line up i hope Unsworth sets out with a similar plan as Lyon, even though it went Pete Tongue we looked like we had some sort of plan and shape for the first time in yonks, it's wether Rooney can stick to a single task that's one of the problems we have as he gets in others way wandering about and spoils things, he needs to stay up there being the only real finisher we have,at 31 he needs to work smarter.

Well Chelsea second half was the best we have played and he was playing then.

November 05, 2017, 02:56:09 AM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Hearing

Pickford
Kenny Keane Jags Baines
Gueye Benni
Davies Rooney Sig
     Niasse

Get them tickets on stubhub lads

Presume Davies will be in the middle to mirror the midfield style as per the Chelsea second half.

Not having two narrow wide men.

Never mind Niasse starting.

November 05, 2017, 11:45:23 AM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I’d rather it be the first lineup, honestly.

The Gana/Davies midfield plainly doesn’t work (unless you like having loads of space open in front of your defense) and we need Rooney’s passing (however sad that is).

Plus DCL and Niasse make the same runs as each other.

November 05, 2017, 08:36:55 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/stamp_1878/status/927175068748304384

Doubt it unless Baines has got an injury, otherwise he’d have played him on Thursday.

November 05, 2017, 08:37:46 PM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Doubt it unless Baines has got an injury, otherwise he’d have played him on Thursday.

And that ineligibility bit :eh:

November 05, 2017, 09:38:49 PM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Well I can’t tell how they’re going to line up with that selection. Any ideas?

Badly?

November 05, 2017, 09:40:26 PM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Fucking Rooney and no vlasic

Fucking nuts

Rooney really isn’t the problem though.

Niasse isn’t a PL starting striker by any stretch or evidence.

November 05, 2017, 09:42:31 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yep. More evidence has definitely swung it. Done with Unsworth now. Koeman already showed you that doesn't work. Why make mistakes that have already been made?

Kind of mad that he stumbled onto a useful 4-3-3 in his first match and has subsequently done everything in his power to avoid using it again.

Just seems opposite to his u23 work and what’s worked against Norwich and in the last 3 games.

Can only put it down to pressure.

November 05, 2017, 09:43:55 PM
Reply #14

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon that’s a decent solid team, maybe there’s an argument for DCL up top, but there’s plenty of quality in it and should be enough to keep us solid.

Let’s not forget we’re in need of a result today and their in better form than us so we can’t be overly expansive.

That’s the only thing.

But needs Rooney in the middle and Sigurdsson wide.