September 23, 2019, 01:10:36 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Watford  (Read 32523 times)

November 06, 2017, 12:42:30 AM
Reply #780

eyesalwaysblue

...lads. We won :) three points, what is this feeling I have now...is it.. happiness?
Take it slow with the happiness...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 06, 2017, 12:43:45 AM
Reply #781

Macca77

November 06, 2017, 12:45:37 AM
Reply #782

blueski

bit of fight back and some real goals - finally!!!
Nil Satis

November 06, 2017, 12:46:20 AM
Reply #783

sam of the south

No, we scored when he was on; from a set piece and a pen.

Plus the two best open play chances came when he was on too.

I thought DCL replaced Rooney a minute after Niasse had reduced the deficit to 1-2?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 06, 2017, 12:46:33 AM
Reply #784

djws1788

feels good to be out of the bottom 3

November 06, 2017, 12:46:37 AM
Reply #785

boothill

I feel physically sick, cant take much more of this 😷

November 06, 2017, 12:46:58 AM
Reply #786

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
No, we scored when he was on; from a set piece and a pen.

Plus the two best open play chances came when he was on too.

Regardless of what the situation in the match was, or the goals scored, the team looked a completely different beast. More energy, better on the ball, enthusiastic, even better defensively.

During the match, even if he creates one good moment, he gives the ball away far too much, looks lethargic and sloppy and just not the player that we thought we were getting.

November 06, 2017, 12:48:00 AM
Reply #787

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Absolutely. The outcome of this game in my opinion was crucial to the managerial appointment.

One things for sure for me after that, I don't really sant Silva here as manager, touch of the Robertos about him.

Yeah, I hadn't seen a Silva side this season. Wasn't impressed today I have to say. It is always tough to make judgements on a manager after a short period of time in the league as sometimes opposing teams work them out a bit. Happened with us after Martinez's first season. However, he did certainly get some great performances last season with Hull.

November 06, 2017, 12:48:02 AM
Reply #788

Bluedylan

Following on from the last manager with that.

Someone needs to figure our best XI.

We won, but let's face it we had a huge slice of luck in doing so. So no, it's great for him to sign off on a win but I don't want him to take over full time at this point.

No, I'm not saying take over full time. I'm just saying a little credit to him. Everyone was absolutely mullering him mid way through the second half, but I've not seen anyone say anything positive about him at FT, which strikes me as more than a little harsh.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 06, 2017, 12:48:09 AM
Reply #789

loroloco

delighted for niasse. heīs taken some serious stick from our fans and yet everytime he plays he gives everything for us. good on him.

November 06, 2017, 12:48:48 AM
Reply #790

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Oct 21st in the Todays Football thread shows we all know the grand sum of fuck all.  Apart from @Shogun

November 06, 2017, 12:49:22 AM
Reply #791

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Regardless of what the situation in the match was, or the goals scored, the team looked a completely different beast. More energy, better on the ball, enthusiastic, even better defensively.

During the match, even if he creates one good moment, he gives the ball away far too much, looks lethargic and sloppy and just not the player that we thought we were getting.

The momentum changed because we got a goal from poor defending from them.

We won because they missed a pen.

Aside from Niasseís effort right at the end we had no other open play chances and that was with all the momentum going our way.

November 06, 2017, 12:50:21 AM
Reply #792

eugene

But isnít this what we are about we are founder members of the football league and we
Know how the games played and arenít we going to miss Goodson? I mean ffs what a
Ground

November 06, 2017, 12:50:58 AM
Reply #793

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, I hadn't seen a Silva side this season. Wasn't impressed today I have to say. It is always tough to make judgements on a manager after a short period of time in the league as sometimes opposing teams work them out a bit. Happened with us after Martinez's first season. However, he did certainly get some great performances last season with Hull.

They looked quick and decisive in attack.

But you canít lose vs a team low in confidence like ours from 0-2 up.

Plus against Chelsea they threw the game away and lost 0-5 at home vs City.

November 06, 2017, 12:51:55 AM
Reply #794

blue slug

I take it your a glass half empty type of guy glewis